Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anti-bullying month: The Story of Amanda Todd (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278519)

DaHeezy 10-12-2012 02:22 PM

Anti-bullying month: The Story of Amanda Todd

October is anti-bullying month. There's probably a story similar to this in every city, but wanted to share this. This is a local girl who recently commited suicide over being bullied.

The Story of Amanda Todd

This girl killed herself shortly after this video.

Obviously there will be mixed reviews about this video, but let's not try to deviate too far from the actual message.

MavsSuperFan 10-12-2012 02:26 PM

Re: Anti-bullying month: The Story of Amanda Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHeezy
October is anti-bullying month. There's probably a story similar to this in every city, but wanted to share this. This is a local girl who recently commited suicide over being bullied.

The Story of Amanda Todd

This girl killed herself shortly after this video.

Obviously there will be mixed reviews about this video, but let's not try to deviate too far from the actual message.

I dont mean to sound harsh or to blame her, but why didnt she just get off social networking sites?

Nevertheless bullies are horrible people.

DaHeezy 10-12-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I dont mean to sound harsh or to blame her, but why didnt she just get off social networking sites?

Nevertheless bullies are horrible people.

Better yet, why didn't she press charges or have police investigate who this stalker was through FB?

But yes, bullies are horrible

Godzuki 10-12-2012 02:33 PM

i saw that on CNN, real sad how they show her doing the Q cards of how she felt before she killed herself. i regret even watching it.

jaydacris 10-12-2012 02:38 PM

damn thats really sad
especially the last couple cards

the cruelty of some kids/teenagers is shocking at times, and of course its worse because of mob mentality (gotta be mean to fit in)

she struggled so much, and people beat her while she was on the ground...
poor girl

DaHeezy 10-12-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzuki
i saw that on CNN, real sad how they show her doing the Q cards of how she felt before she killed herself. i regret even watching it.

It's surreal that this happened in my city, in fact my nephews knew about this girl. People are going batty in this city, kids skipping school today because of this

senelcoolidge 10-12-2012 02:42 PM

I hate bullying. You shouldn't pick on someone that is weaker or smaller than yourself. As a kid I've went through both phases. The Bully and the bullied phase. Bullying as been around since the beginning of time. But why is it so political now. Why is there a anti-bullying month..is that really necessary? I hate politicians.

DaHeezy 10-12-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydacris
damn thats really sad
especially the last couple cards

the cruelty of some kids/teenagers is shocking at times, and of course its worse because of mob mentality (gotta be mean to fit in)
she struggled so much, and people beat her while she was on the ground...
poor girl

Not too derail but I see that attitude on here even.

jaydacris 10-12-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Not too derail but I see that attitude on here even.

im guilty of following a crowd and negging you :(

but i know you can take it (like the dark knight) :D

SourPatchKids 10-12-2012 02:56 PM

Don't âuck with anyone bigger than you.

Anyways relating to the video there's a lot of girls around my age who are on tumblr instagram etc who constantly complain about being depressed and how they want to kill themselves. It's sad cause they think it's cool or something. There's some kids who have a normal family life, don't get bullied, have a decent amount of friends and still cut themselves. I mean obviously I don't know what's in their head or what they're going through but some girls are just :hammerhead:

knickballer 10-12-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids

Don't âuck with anyone bigger than you.

Anyways relating to the video there's a lot of girls around my age who are on tumblr instagram etc who constantly complain about being depressed and how they want to kill themselves. It's sad cause they think it's cool or something. There's some kids who have a normal family life, don't get bullied, have a decent amount of friends and still cut themselves. I mean obviously I don't know what's in their head or what they're going through but some girls are just :hammerhead:

I know exactly what you mean and it's the media brah, shit gets to their heads. They watch too much MTV and other stupid shows about highschool, teenage drug addicts, teenage pregnancy, stupid shows about getting "natty", etc.

ALBballer 10-12-2012 03:28 PM

This whole bullying thing is being blown out of proportion. Bullying has and will always exist. Is it wrong? Sure. But bullying is part of human nature and adults engage in forms of bullying as well let alone kids.

For god's sakes we live in America. America is the biggest bully in the world by far. We ain't complaining.

:coleman:

Bano114 10-12-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBballer
This whole bullying thing is being blown out of proportion. Bullying has and will always exist. Is it wrong? Sure. But bullying is part of human nature and adults engage in forms of bullying as well let alone kids.

For god's sakes we live in America. America is the biggest bully in the world by far. We ain't complaining.

:coleman:

That doesn't mean we have to accept it as our reality. Anything to hinder behavior that causes someone to kill themselves is not a waste of time. If you mean to suggest people should just stop worrying about bullying and let it happen, the problem will grow.

Meticode 10-12-2012 03:36 PM

She could've avoided the whole situation if she didn't flash herself on the internet.

longhornfan1234 10-12-2012 03:50 PM

Sad story.