Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kobe on Leadership via Facebook (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278627)

nevetslc88 10-14-2012 03:54 AM

Kobe on Leadership via Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/Kobe

Quote:

Leadership is responsibility.
There comes a point when one must make a decision. Are YOU willing to do what it takes to push the right buttons to elevate those around you? If the answer is YES, are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? Here's where the true responsibility of being a leader lies. Sometimes you must prioritize the success of the team
ahead of how your own image is perceived. The ability to elevate those around you is more than simply sharing the ball or making teammates feel a certain level of comfort. It's pushing them to find their inner beast, even if they end up resenting you for it at the time.

I'd rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that's just not reality. I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

This is my way. It might not be right for YOU but all I can do is share my thoughts. Itís on YOU to figure out which leadership style suits you best.

Will check back in with you soon.. Till then
Mamba out bitches!

The Iron Fist 10-14-2012 03:57 AM

Re: Kobe on Leadership via Facebook

getting it tatted on my heart. I kid I kid. but still very true words. especially this,

Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

StateOfMind12 10-14-2012 04:04 AM

Kobe is such an overrated leader it's crazy stupid.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...passing/158031

Quote:

"Kobe told me out of his own mouth that I couldn’t talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren’t deserving enough for me to talk to him.” He also says Kobe didn’t talk to most of his teammates.

Quote:

“I had a workout with the Lakers, beat all the guards out for the starting position, earned a spot on the team. Midway through the first season, I tried to at least have a conversation with Kobe Bryant — he is my teammate, he is a co-worker of mine, I see his face every day I go in to work — and I tried to talk with him about football. He tells me I can’t talk to him. He tells me I need more accolades under my belt before I come talk to him. He was dead serious.”

-Smush Parker

coin24 10-14-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Kobe is such an overrated leader it's crazy stupid.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...passing/158031

-Smush Parker

Wow you're scraping there, smush Parker?:lol who gives a shit what that fat scrub thinks:oldlol:

StateOfMind12 10-14-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coin24
Wow you're scraping there, smush Parker?:lol who gives a shit what that fat scrub thinks:oldlol:

I have nothing against Kobe. I'm actually a fan of his but I hate how his leadership/intangibles get overrated. The same applies to Jordan. I'm against players alienating and throwing players under the bus and both of them did it far too many times than they should have.

coin24 10-14-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
getting it tatted on my heart. I kid I kid. but still very true words. especially this,

Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

I'm getting it inked on my right forearm so I can read it when I fap:bowdown:

LakersReign 10-14-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevetslc88

Quote:

I'd rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate.

Nothing new here, we already knew this. Just Kobe being Kobe:applause:

BEAST Griffin 10-14-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Leadership is responsibility.
There comes a point when one must make a decision. Are YOU willing to do what it takes to push the right buttons to elevate those around you? If the answer is YES, are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? Here's where the true responsibility of being a leader lies. Sometimes you must prioritize the success of the team
ahead of how your own image is perceived.....

stopped reading there

coin24 10-14-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

I have nothing against Kobe. I'm actually a fan of his but I hate how his leadership/intangibles get overrated. The same applies to Jordan. I'm against players alienating and throwing players under the bus and both of them did it far too many times than they should have.

That mentality is why they're both winners..
Nice guys finish last. Unless they team up in south beach:lol

The Iron Fist 10-14-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

and both won more times than 99.9999% of all athletes in all sports.

SyRyanYang 10-14-2012 04:22 AM

Dude can write:applause:

Blue&Orange 10-14-2012 05:55 AM

Kobe talking about leadership like he knows anything about it... :lol

Nero Tulip 10-14-2012 07:18 AM

Kobe is so insecure it's incredible. Shut up and play smarter.

Nash 10-14-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakersReign
Nothing new here, we already knew this. Just Kobe being Kobe:applause:

Guess that wouldn't be your exact response if Lebron said that.

LakersReign 10-14-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash
Guess that wouldn't be your exact response if Lebron said that.

Child(pauk/nash), please:rolleyes:

Lebron "king next MJ, I want to be liked by everybody" James will NEVER have the balls to EVER say something like that, cuz he's way too worried about his image and brand. You do realize you're talking about the same guy who held "the Decision" ....just beacuse....right? Stop embarrassing yourself:facepalm