Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sinister Review (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278654)

Bosnian Sajo 10-14-2012 09:59 PM

Sinister Review

This movie made me shit my pants, watched it last night and was horrified :lol

Sinister doesn't even say one ****ing word the entire movie, and you only see him a few times, but every time you DO see him, you absolutely shard yourself. The music is eerie af, makes the 'house movies' 10x scarier. The home movies are disturbing as shit...I don't wanna say anything else without spoiling the movie if you haven't seen it yet, but if you like horror movies, this is a MUST SEE.

Clippersfan86 10-14-2012 11:15 PM

Re: Sinister Review

I'd give it a 6.5 or 7. Very creepy but a lot of the same horror movie cliches make it sloe and predictable at times.

JEFFERSON MONEY 10-15-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
This movie made me shit my pants, watched it last night and was horrified :lol

Sinister doesn't even say one ****ing word the entire movie, and you only see him a few times, but every time you DO see him, you absolutely shard yourself. The music is eerie af, makes the 'house movies' 10x scarier. The home movies are disturbing as shit...I don't wanna say anything else without spoiling the movie if you haven't seen it yet, but if you like horror movies, this is a MUST SEE.

What in the goddman world was that music.

I kept telling my friend that even if they played soem creepy clown music or Jaws sh!t it wouldn't compare to that odd azz southern buzzy stuff during the home videos.

Crikey.

The ending in silence was perfect and the fact that it has that to be continued appeal

Bosnian Sajo 10-15-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
What in the goddman world was that music.

I kept telling my friend that even if they played soem creepy clown music or Jaws sh!t it wouldn't compare to that odd azz southern buzzy stuff during the home videos.

Crikey.

The ending in silence was perfect and the fact that it has that to be continued appeal

I felt like it ended a bit too quick, like once you found out how sinister (buruug? idk his name) actually kills the familys, it all ended within 10 minutes. I guess every movie has its flaws, but this still succeeded at what it was meant to do: Scare the shit outta me.

JEFFERSON MONEY 10-15-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
I felt like it ended a bit too quick, like once you found out how sinister (buruug? idk his name) actually kills the familys, it all ended within 10 minutes. I guess every movie has its flaws, but this still succeeded at what it was meant to do: Scare the shit outta me.

Agreed.

Was hoping for a little more than just "one" person dying at the end, too.

If you think about it was actually a pretty bad movie, but the timing and the atmosphere was ON F*CKING point.

Like remember when the couple had the argument? You couldn't help but facepalm and laugh a bit cuz it's the most regular thing in the world. within a few minutes after the Scary sh!t started happening with double the intensity.

Plus there was something "off" about he deputy and the policeguy. They seemed good.. but idk something irky

Watched it last night, and dreamt of the pool, barbeque images. Was very unsettling. Have strong strong urge to pray to the Lord to reign Hell upon scum like Mr. Boogie. F*kking killing the innocent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JpVP...e=plpp_ video
Skip to 2:12. You'll remember this for the rest of your life, lol.

What ON EARTH possessed someone to make something so utterly UNEXPLANABLE and ODD like that lol?

Bosnian Sajo 10-15-2012 03:49 PM

:O

I was looking for the soundtrack to the movie to show my sister that music, its just...flat out scary.

And I def don't think it was a bad movie man, it had only 1 purpose, and that was to scare me...which it did, making it a good movie, no? :lol

RRR3 10-15-2012 03:51 PM

Shit. Opened thread expecting you to review something in a sinister manner. I am disappoint.

Umad101 10-15-2012 04:46 PM

It's had it's parts

The lawn mower scence scared the shit out of me

magic chiongson 10-15-2012 06:14 PM

it doesn't have this guy?

or these guys?

:(