Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Ray Lewis Out For the Season? Baltimore Ravens (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278671)

ROCSteady 10-15-2012 09:36 AM

Ray Lewis Out For the Season? Baltimore Ravens

Ray Lewis appeared to have at least partially torn his triceps yesterday, possibly ending his season. However, doctors think it is not deep enough to put his career at jeopardy.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...b-haloti-ngata

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ens-lbs-tricep

It would be a shame if it were really the last time seeing Ray Ray play MLB. I grew up 30 min from BAL so I have seen prolly 90-95% of his games.

Either way, yesterday was devastating for Baltimore. With Suggs already shelved until at least December, who will not be 100% all season IF he gets back. Now, their best playmaking CB Ladarius Webb is out for the season and now the heart and soul of the team and even the city.

Does this make teams like HOU, SD, NE, etc. road to a Lombardi much easier or what? Ngata got banged up and Jimmy Smith, talented young Cb had groin problems yesterday.

I feel like Flacco is gunna have to be MVP caliber for them to make noise in the playoffs, assuming they get there with an alrady shakey defense so far this season. He's gunna need some pristine game-planning from Cam Cameron and Boldin, T Smith, J Jones, Pitta and of course Ray Rizzle to come focused ready to ball.

What does this mean for the AFC race though?

This thread for is a hopeful thing for Ray Lewis, as even though I slightly detest the Ratbirds, I've grown up watching Ray stick heads in the middle

DuMa 10-15-2012 01:36 PM

Re: Ray Lewis Out For the Season? Baltimore Ravens

Ray hasnt been his normal physical self this year but he is by far their verbal leader of the defense and maybe the overall team. he is a big loss mentally. and if Webb and Ngata are out too.... its gonna be a big test for Flacco to hold the troops down

franchise#3 10-15-2012 05:48 PM

He's officially out :( I'm a 49ers fan but it's really sad when great players go down. This makes last years AFC loss even more painful.

ROCSteady 10-15-2012 06:42 PM

The injury is terrible and I feel really bad for my great friends who live and breathe the Ravens but...

I'm still really relieved they lost that AFC game. Billy C untsniff :hammerhead:

Real Men Wear Green 10-15-2012 06:49 PM

There's no use thinking about the AFC with Lewis out. Someone will win it by simply catching a hot streak. No one has looked dominant, the AFC East only has one good quarterback and the Pats still can't create breathing room. If I was forced to bet money I'd got with Houston.

ROCSteady 10-15-2012 07:01 PM

Why is there no use talkin or speculating bout it??

BAL has looked like one of the most dynamic teams in the conference.

Now they lose their best playmaking CB, leader of the defense aka heart and soul of football here, have been without their best pass-rusher all year, and the middle force in the middle aka the best T in football is banged up.

For a team that has made their success off defense and these guys, I'd say it changes the dynamics quite thoroughly.

U jus don't wanna think bout it cuz the Pats have struggled for their standards

franchise#3 10-15-2012 07:03 PM

I wonder if Ray will retire.

Real Men Wear Green 10-15-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Why is there no use talkin or speculating bout it??

BAL has looked like one of the most dynamic teams in the conference.

Now they lose their best playmaking CB, leader of the defense aka heart and soul of football here, have been without their best pass-rusher all year, and the middle force in the middle aka the best T in football is banged up.

For a team that has made their success off defense and these guys, I'd say it changes the dynamics quite thoroughly.

U jus don't wanna think bout it cuz the Pats have struggled for their standards

No, I just don't see who in the AFC has distinguished themselves from the rest. If this was just about being a Pats fan I could easily argue, "we've just had a few off games, Brady is playing at an MVP level and Welker is being properly utilized again, it's going to be NE." All those issues you list with Baltimore is why I don't put them at the top. Houston is the only team that has a good argument, but vs. the Pack it was like someone popped a balloon.

GOBB 10-15-2012 08:21 PM

Madden curse? He was on the intro of the game.

AboveTheRim. 10-15-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise#3
I wonder if Ray will retire.

I was wondering the same thing. I doubt he will though, I don't think he'll want to end his career on this note.

TheMarkMadsen 10-15-2012 09:07 PM

Ray Lewis tore his triceps which hurts a lot, but not as much as getting stabbed to death by Ray Lewis and his friends.

Carbine 10-15-2012 09:08 PM

Pats are still the team to beat, IMO...regardless of record through 6 games.

It will depend ultimately how well their talent performs in the playoffs, but they're the favorites.

Jailblazers7 10-15-2012 09:10 PM

The AFC is bad this year lol. Houston and NE are prob the only ones I would have any faith in at this point and NE's is based more on reputation and talent than actual performance so far.

ballinhun8 10-15-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Madden curse? He was on the intro of the game.

OMG SOOOOOO True.

QUIZZLE 10-15-2012 09:21 PM

He doesn't deserve that. He's just a murderer.