Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mike Brown doesn't care that team is 0-4 in preseason (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279015)

insidehoops 10-19-2012 10:30 PM

Mike Brown doesn't care that team is 0-4 in preseason

For now, however, Brown hardly cares about the team's 0-4 preseason record. He's used that time fielding endless bench combinations featuring some who may not even make the final roster. Brown has limited playing time to all of his starters, including Kobe Bryant (24.3 minutes in three games), Steve Nash (18.8), Metta World Peace (25) and Gasol (25.3). And Brown has expressed little concern on whether Dwight Howard fully rehabs his surgically repaired back in time to appear in a preseason game.
Brown said he will continue that approach tonight against Sacramento.

-- LA Daily News blog

kobesabi 10-19-2012 11:44 PM

Re: Mike Brown doesn't care that team is 0-4 in preseason

Ok, so he's the ON and OFF or procrastinator kind of guy. I'll take his word for it. BUT he better lead them to win first real season game or we will start campaign to fire him.

DKLaker 10-20-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobesabi
Ok, so he's the ON and OFF or procrastinator kind of guy. I'll take his word for it. BUT he better lead them to win first real season game or we will start campaign to fire him.

For once I agree with Brown, use this time to teach everyone the offense, get everyone ready and avoid injuries.

Our first game just got a whole lot easier because Dirk just had surgery and will miss over a month.....we will win!!!

NoGunzJustSkillz 10-20-2012 02:03 PM

What was Phil's record in the preseason when he coached the Lakers?

Mgamer20o0 10-20-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
What was Phil's record in the preseason when he coached the Lakers?

we never win pre season games

lakerfreak 10-20-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
For once I agree with Brown, use this time to teach everyone the offense, get everyone ready and avoid injuries.

Our first game just got a whole lot easier because Dirk just had surgery and will miss over a month.....we will win!!!

Miracles do happen.

I think this whole preseason thing is overblown. No matter how many times we go through this we get the same concern. Its not a big deal.

Lets see Nash, Kobe, Metta, Pau, Dwight + Jamison, Blake, Meeks, Ebanks all player 36 and 20 minutes each respectfully. Then we can make a legitimate judgement.

All Net 10-21-2012 06:26 AM

Pre-season has never been about winning...

kobesabi 10-22-2012 02:37 AM

Hahahaa 0-6 :roll:

Why do people even waste money when coach is not caring about winning?
It's probably going to be 0-9 with Brown.

The last year with PJax, I remember some win - not 0-6.

kobesabi 10-22-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker

Even with the KINGS, they seem to have a lot of work to do still between the BIG 4. With BIG4, you have a bigger target on your back because everyone will be using your team as a meter stick to see if they are at champion caliber yet. I don't think it will be easy smooth sailing even with Dirk out...

I agree with you on the avoid injuries thing...oh well, I guess we just sit back and laugh at the loss.

dd24 10-22-2012 05:50 PM

Brown shouldn't be concerned as much with winning in the preseason. It's about working on things that need to be tweaked. I don't worry about preseason records at all. Most smart sports fans don't either. Things will be just fine in the regular season.