Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   And just like that, Stoudemire out 2-3 weeks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279126)

insidehoops 10-21-2012 07:52 PM

And just like that, Stoudemire out 2-3 weeks

Amar'e Stoudemire will miss up to five regular season games, including the anticipated season opener in Brooklyn, after an MRI revealed a ruptured cyst behind his left knee.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson told reporters after practice Sunday that Stoudemire is out 2-to-3 weeks for the latest setback in the forward's oft-injured career. Without Stoudemire, Woodson could elect to use Carmelo Anthony at power forward against smaller lineups - although Woodson started Kurt Thomas in two preseason games while Stoudemire sat with a bruised knee.

-- NY Daily News

bluechox2 10-22-2012 04:06 AM

Re: And just like that, Stoudemire out 2-3 weeks

we need to start JR at sf and move melo to pf

Jasi 10-22-2012 07:05 AM

I foresee a winning stream.
:oldlol:

franchize 10-22-2012 09:35 AM

And ppl wonder why I take our bench acquisitions so seriously. Now the guys who "aren't that big a deal because they won't be getting major minutes" are getting major minutes.
Get your plates. A nice helping of Kurt Thomas is coming right at ya

Court Vision 10-22-2012 08:04 PM

An interesting take on the A'mare injury.

Melo @ the 4, which may be his best position, and A'mare off the bench.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amare...knicks-2012-10

knickscity 10-22-2012 10:32 PM

At this point it is really a damn shame that a 40 year old is healthier than our starting PF.

I hope woodson does the right thing with this if it really goes to high side of prediction.

25 minutes max and off the bench.

Rameek 10-22-2012 10:59 PM

Dont know if i can watch these games if Kidd and Kurt are starting.... K and K (Krust and Krust).

bluechox2 10-23-2012 01:34 AM

i think copeland should start at the 4 instead of kurt...gives us more athleticism and lets us run on the break more

franchize 10-23-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
i think copeland should start at the 4 instead of kurt...gives us more athleticism and lets us run on the break more

Yikes! Copeland is cool but damn....starting? I don't know kid. I don't mind Melo at the 4. I mean sh!t, LeBron pretty much is the 4 in Miami for good now.

One suggestion that nobody has brought up that I wouldnt mind is starting both Camby and Tyson. I wouldnt play them major minutes together. You could start them 5 minutes, then send one to the bench.

But once again, this is what happens when you take the easy way out when it comes to bench acquisitions.

Rameek 10-23-2012 09:45 AM

It's a tough call who should start in his place.

If Melo and Felton has to carry this team this would mean win ugly and mostly with defense... I dont even know who that PF or SF would be... I think this would wear down Melo and Felton early in the season.

If you start Copeland at the 3 or 4 then the premise would be to out score teams but give up points....

KUN-NUN-DRUM

I really am not the biggest fan of either option but I rather try to win with Felton, Copeland, Melo on the floor. See if Copeland can improve his play by playing learning on the go!

franchize 10-23-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
It's a tough call who should start in his place.

If Melo and Felton has to carry this team this would mean win ugly and mostly with defense... I dont even know who that PF or SF would be... I think this would wear down Melo and Felton early in the season.

If you start Copeland at the 3 or 4 then the premise would be to out score teams but give up points....

KUN-NUN-DRUM

I really am not the biggest fan of either option but I rather try to win with Felton, Copeland, Melo on the floor. See if Copeland can improve his play by playing learning on the go!

This or our GM can do his job for once and FIND SOME TALENT!!!

knickscity 10-23-2012 10:45 AM

Personally i really could care less who starts as they won't be in the game long anyway.

Melo is going to be the 4 on the floor unless they actually put a 4 on the floor, like Kurt.

For 5 minutes to start the first and third, Kurt is fine.

He can still defend, rebound, hit an open jumper, and he'll use his fouls accordingly.

Not sold on Copeland starting as he puts too much pressure on the other positions, and it sticks Melo as a ft 4.

But nonetheless, the main thing with this is what to do with Amare when he does come back.

Time to preserve our highest paid player.

Rameek 10-23-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
Personally i really could care less who starts as they won't be in the game long anyway.

Melo is going to be the 4 on the floor unless they actually put a 4 on the floor, like Kurt.

For 5 minutes to start the first and third, Kurt is fine.

He can still defend, rebound, hit an open jumper, and he'll use his fouls accordingly.

Not sold on Copeland starting as he puts too much pressure on the other positions, and it sticks Melo as a ft 4.

But nonetheless, the main thing with this is what to do with Amare when he does come back.

Time to preserve our highest paid player.

Oh this is a MAJOR problem broham.... What will this team do until he gets back... then what will the team do when he gets back....

Stat is a prone we all know this. I dont know if Grumwald did a thorough search under the salary cap restrictions to address this issue or not. I do know the results though.... Kurt, Sheed, Camby which a handful of us are not satified with because of their KRUST-INESS. You do not knowingly go into the season knowing you have a prone player and hope to replace him with KRUST.

God this team is a freaking mess. 1 step forward 3 steps back....

ITS EARLY THOUGH still time to get right!

insidehoops 10-23-2012 12:05 PM

NY Daily News:

The Knicks are one of the few teams that can be without a player of Amar’e Stoudemire’s caliber and still throw a lineup on the court featuring one of the NBA’s top power forwards.

In fact, the case could be made that in today’s NBA, Carmelo Anthony is more effective at that position than Stoudemire, who is not expected to be available for the Nov. 1 season opener due to a knee injury.

“It’s kind of a nightmare for a lot of (power forwards) in this league because he’s capable of doing so much offensively,” Mike Woodson said on Monday. “He can come off screens, can run pick-and-rolls, isolation and post. There’s a variety of things he can do (against) bigger fours that have to guard him.”

knickscity 10-23-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
Oh this is a MAJOR problem broham.... What will this team do until he gets back... then what will the team do when he gets back....

Stat is a prone we all know this. I dont know if Grumwald did a thorough search under the salary cap restrictions to address this issue or not. I do know the results though.... Kurt, Sheed, Camby which a handful of us are not satified with because of their KRUST-INESS. You do not knowingly go into the season knowing you have a prone player and hope to replace him with KRUST.

God this team is a freaking mess. 1 step forward 3 steps back....

ITS EARLY THOUGH still time to get right!

If you think your starting pf is not capable of doing his job due to health, you either.......

Limit his minutes and let other cover some of it, or move him for one who may be able to.

The purpose of the bench is not to replace the starter, but to give the starter some breaks.

I know guys hate these moves, and that's fine, what i hate is the complaining of such when the bigger issue is higher than that.

Our highest paid player is unable to play at the highest level.

No one off any bench solves that.