Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Your draft/roster strategy (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279138)

AK47DR91 10-21-2012 11:38 PM

Your draft/roster strategy

For me, I usually go PF's and C's who can get me good amount of Points and Rebounds. They also have a very low turnover ratio and a high FG%. If they're good FT% shooters, that's a bonus.

You can probably make it to the playoffs with this strategy but to be in contention for a championship, having one or two non-PF/C star-quality players would help.

My record is one championship(10-team league), two 3rd Place finishes(12-team & 18-team leagues) and two 5th Place finishes(both were 10-team leagues).

I'm only doing 1 league this season. The same league I won a championship in last season, I'm hoping to repeat.

tin man 10-23-2012 10:39 PM

Re: Your draft/roster strategy

how u going to win 3's and assists??

AK47DR91 10-25-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tin man
how u going to win 3's and assists??

Can't win 'em all.

But like I said, it's always good if you can get one or a pair of good starter-quality point guards or guard-forwards.

The league I won 1st Place with these guards: Wall, Lowry, George, Crawford, Conley, Calderon.

Jakeh008 10-25-2012 11:40 PM

I go for FG% Points Boards Blocks TO Steals. Then try to keep assists a 50 50 chance
I dont go for Fts or 3s

I always take Howard 1st if im not in the top 3 picks.
Then take a few scorers that will get me steals or blocks or assists. Dwill, Kobe, Ellis, Gay...
Guys like iggy and rondo are perfect guards for big man teams. solid all around except fts.
SG and SF are the hardest spots to fill so go for those early.

In my 8 man league with only 1 center spot i got
Rondo, Kobe, Ellis, Pirece, Stat, Cousins, Howard, Manu, Lopez, Lin, Kaman,
Valanciunas

AK47DR91 11-04-2012 09:07 PM

.67 up on FG%
150 up on points
58 up on boards
39 up on dimes
16 up on blocks

3 up on 3-points

down on FT%, STL and TO

I'm in a weird league. 18-teams but the commish only allows 9 players on the roster.

I think I'm gonna own my league.
PG: Parker, Mo
SG: Hayward, Mo, Roy(dropping for Redick)
SF: LeBron, Hayward
PF: Bosh, LeBron, Sanders(FA pool slot)
C: Asik, Bosh, Sanders, Pek(will use his slot for FA pool when Love returns from injury)

DMV2 02-18-2013 03:55 PM

UPDATE: I'm second in my division, #4 overall because the #1 team is in my division. I'm 5 games behind him. Got 4 weeks left to catch to him for the #1 seed.

Because I was so loaded with quality PF/C's, I was able to trade Bosh for Afflalo and Nelson to bulk up my PG/SG/SF slots.