Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   L.A. Noire or Heavy Rain (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279469)

rhythmic †hesis 10-26-2012 01:19 AM

L.A. Noire or Heavy Rain

Which game you guys liked more?
I recently finished my 2nd play-through of Heavy Rain and just beat L.A. Noire. I thought HR's story was more immerse and the story was darker. I didn't like LA's approach to the story; they would have done better without dividing the game into separate cases, since the story pretty much carried through from the first case to the last.

The twist in heavy rain was terrific too, won't spoil it for the people who have yet to play it. The game starts off a little slow and the gameplay isn't challenging at all, but the story itself is amazing.

I think everyone should try these two games; worst case scenario, you've just watched a damn good movie for 8-12 hours. :rockon:

BankShot 10-26-2012 01:25 AM

Re: L.A. Noire or Heavy Rain

I really liked L.A. Noire for the first 5-or-so hours I played it, but got bored with it and eventually sold it before getting 1/4th through the storyline.

I haven't heard of "Heavy Rain", but I guess its a PS3 exclusive... which I have... so maybe I'll check it out.

Bucket_Nakedz 10-26-2012 05:23 AM

heavy rain.

that and dark souls are easily my two favorite ps3 games. heavy rain was so revolutionary to me, i never knew a video game could take me on such a thrilling and immersing ride. this is why i feel video games are more personal than anything cinema can produce. even if youre the player, your actions dictate the outcome of the plot. i literally had to carefully diagram each decision i made, hoping it would be a positive means to get what i was looking for.

never tried la noire and i honestly never will.

i can't wait for beyond: two souls.

glidedrxlr22 10-26-2012 10:35 AM

On first impressions I went with Heavy Rain. It was a unique experience. One of the best stories around. LA Noire looked great, but I just didn't want to play another sandbox game.

By the way Bucket, I loved Demon's Souls and passed it after 50 hours. I started Dark Souls and have yet to go back to it, but I know I just can't pass up playing it. No other franchise frustrates and rewards you at the same time. You gonna get the extra content dlc that came out?...I believe it's a new area with some new bosses and a fighting arena for player vs player and group vs group.

Jailblazers7 10-26-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
On first impressions I went with Heavy Rain. It was a unique experience. One of the best stories around. LA Noire looked great, but I just didn't want to play another sandbox game.

By the way Bucket, I loved Demon's Souls and passed it after 50 hours. I started Dark Souls and have yet to go back to it, but I know I just can't pass up playing it. No other franchise frustrates and rewards you at the same time. You gonna get the extra content dlc that came out?...I believe it's a new area with some new bosses and a fighting arena for player vs player and group vs group.

Noire is actually very linear. Not much exploration to be done outside the separate cases. I wasn't a huge fan of the game but it was fairly well done.

rhythmic †hesis 10-26-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
I really liked L.A. Noire for the first 5-or-so hours I played it, but got bored with it and eventually sold it before getting 1/4th through the storyline.

I haven't heard of "Heavy Rain", but I guess its a PS3 exclusive... which I have... so maybe I'll check it out.

It's pretty good, basic plot is about a father who lost his oldest son and then his youngest son gets kidnapped. He goes on a search for his son, and think jigsaw killer from Saw...

Won't spoil it, terrific game.
Completely blew me away, one of the best stories I have ever played.

InspiredLebowski 10-30-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot

I've been playing LA Noire for about a week and sort of feel the same way. I'm about a third of the way through and while it's really well done it's just getting repetitive at this point.

Burgz V2 10-31-2012 11:36 AM

not sure about Heavy Rain, but LA Noire is very repetitive and kind of tedious.

the story line and the great graphics are the only thing that kept me going. Really not much to explore other than the main story line. the police APB missions are not really worth it, and the car collectibles weren't really that persuading to the point where i actually went out of my way to look for them.

i wouldnt score it very highly tbh, but its worth a play through once. that facial animation thing they did was pretty cool