Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   what physical feature & personality trait do you hate most about yourself? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279797)

therammingman 10-30-2012 11:16 AM

what physical feature & personality trait do you hate most about yourself?

??

Faptastrophe 10-30-2012 11:20 AM

Re: what physical feature & personality trait do you hate most about yourself?

I wish I would "act more". I can never seem to make my ideas happen, I'm too out of touch, I live in my head.
I wish I were less introverted as well. Relationships can make me happy but they're such a hassle most of the time.

DaHeezy 10-30-2012 11:20 AM

Being overly generous and have high expectations.

Probably my best yet worst trait. I love to give, yet I get hurt when there's no appreciation.

ace23 10-30-2012 11:43 AM

Really wish I were taller.

It'd also be nice if I were more polite.

blablabla 10-30-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23
Really wish I were taller.

It'd also be nice if I were more polite.

i think that's something one can change easily

ZeN 10-30-2012 11:54 AM

My OCD can often times be a nuisance.

code green 10-30-2012 11:54 AM

I'm gonna second the "I wish I was taller" post for a physical feature. Coulda made a D3 roster for basketball if I wasn't 5'7" lol. Personalitywise, I'm not as patient as I should be, especially financially. Hate having to wait for things.

ace23 10-30-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blablabla
i think that's something one can change easily

Nope

-p.tiddy- 10-30-2012 11:55 AM

physical: wish I was bigger, at 6'1" I have really good height, but I am on the thin side, wish I had about 20 lbs more muscle

personality: wish I was a bit more kind to people, I can be an a-hole sometimes and talk down to people...wish I was nicer, no one likes a dick, but I am working on it and making some progress

jaydacris 10-30-2012 12:01 PM

my abnormally large pen!s and astonishing good looks

red1 10-30-2012 12:02 PM

Would want more durable joints, having minor problems with right knee/shoulder thats fukking with ability to lift weights. Personality wise would change low attention span, having a constant need for stimulation makes it difficult to be passionate and fully invested in studies/career

Mr. I'm So Rad 10-30-2012 12:06 PM

Physically - Taller (Probably most guys' wish). Hate being only 5'9''.

Personality - Sometimes I hate how apathetic I am. I try but it's really hard for me to give a f*ck about a lot of things most people hold in high regard. I also dislike how I overthink things a lot when interacting with people, trying too hard to be liked or appeal to their sense of humor. I wish I could just always say the right things at the right times.

MavsSuperFan 10-30-2012 12:07 PM

Obviously I wouldn't, mind being taller, more handsome, stronger, etc, who would?

Two things mainly come to mind when I think about stuff about myself I would want to change.
I would like to stop procrastinating. It always takes forever for me to get started on projects. Once I do i usually always kick myself and think how much less stressful and easier it would have been had I started earlier. It's weird its like I have an internal clock that tells me the bare minimum I need to meet a project's deadline so I keep my job. Almost always if I had started earlier I would have done a better job and my life would be much less stressful. Working at a desk, I always find myself surfing the internet when I should be working, it sucks. I know it will result in sleepless nights, but I cant help myself.

Secondly, more than one person has told me that I talk down to them, which I really dont mean to. Im not exactly sure why though. I consider myself extremely nice, but I guess I need to work on my communication skills at work so that when I explain something to someone they dont think I'm talking down to them.

ace23 10-30-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Personality - Sometimes I hate how apathetic I am. I try but it's really hard for me to give a f*ck about a lot of things most people hold in high regard.

And this is why I come across as impolite most of the time.

Mr. I'm So Rad 10-30-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23
And this is why I come across as impolite most of the time.

With me, it isn't even like that though. I'm usually indifferent toward people but I'll be polite when they talk to me. It's more of a general apathy toward life. Like I don't have any real life goals or desires for things like a family, a big house/car, etc. All of my motivation to do the little bit I do to get by stems from a basic instinct for homeostasis.

BTW you don't seem impolite to me lol. But maybe you're different in person.