Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   From this Day (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280067)

SourPatchKids 11-01-2012 03:21 AM

From this Day

I will work harder. Basically my last few weeks have just been school, homework, procrastinating on ISH, and hw. I only went to see Cloud Atlas last Saturday and that was it. There's not enough hours in the day for me, so I have to make the most of it. Nobody else needs to really post in this thread, but feel free to read it. I'll keep sort of basketball/workout diary in here but my consistency of posting will vary greatly.

NotYetGreat 11-03-2012 03:55 AM

Re: From this Day

:applause:

Jyap9675 11-03-2012 07:23 AM

did you end up makin the team?

SourPatchKids 11-03-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyap9675
did you end up makin the team?

I made the first cut. We'll do a second cut once football season is over and guys from there try-out.

SourPatchKids 11-03-2012 01:17 PM

Saturday Morning: Watched tape of Varsity playing team defense last year. Didn't have gym time so we just had a quick 35 minute conditioning session. Going to replenish with some Beijing Yogurt and a Clubhouse sandwich from Togo's.

jbot 11-03-2012 02:36 PM

good luck on making the team.

my oldest son's tryouts are all week long next week. i guess the coach limits freshman to the freshman team. i also just found out that there are an A and B freshman team, never knew that b4.

SourPatchKids 11-03-2012 02:41 PM

Yea we have an A and B team too. 12 on each team. Usually it's the 6 best and 6 worst on A and the other 12 on B.

SourPatchKids 11-03-2012 03:35 PM

ace23 11-03-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Yea we have an A and B team too. 12 on each team. Usually it's the 6 best and 6 worst on A and the other 12 on B.

Why do they have it set up like that?

SourPatchKids 11-03-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23
Why do they have it set up like that?

To balance it out. A lot of schools only have one freshman team or none at all, so A and B have different schedules and play different public schools so we want them about the same strength. Once league play comes, every team we face as both an A and a B freshman team.

jbot 11-04-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

To balance it out. A lot of schools only have one freshman team or none at all, so A and B have different schedules and play different public schools so we want them about the same strength. Once league play comes, every team we face as both an A and a B freshman team.

wow, that's kinda weird. going into a game knowing u have a shitty bench would suck.

SourPatchKids 11-04-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
wow, that's kinda weird. going into a game knowing u have a shitty bench would suck.

That's why we will basically have an 8 man rotation and 6 people will dominate the minutes, 2 will have decent playing time, and 4 will basically warm the bench/ play garbage minutes/ reserve in case of injury.

lilojmayo 11-04-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

this gave me chills.

SourPatchKids 11-04-2012 04:48 PM

Hard as hell workout today. Trying a new protein shake. tastes like ass but it has like 16gs of protein and almost no sugar.

lilojmayo 11-04-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Hard as hell workout today. Trying a new protein shake. tastes like ass but it has like 16gs of protein and almost no sugar.

what was your workout?