Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Troy Murphy to the Mavs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280138)

Locked_Up_Tonight 11-01-2012 07:30 PM

Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
According to Adrian Wojo.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11359

Not sure why they want him.

IGotACoolStory 11-01-2012 07:32 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Well he used to be a very good rebounder, which is weakness for the Mavs.

Not sure where he's been the last few seasons...

NumberSix 11-01-2012 07:33 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Why didn't Minnesota grab him? :confusedshrug:

veilside23 11-01-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
hmmm i wonder why?

6 fouls?

they got curry and now murphy? :ohwell:

Xiao Yao You 11-01-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Good thing the Jazz took one from the Mavs before that move. The fact that the Jazz killed them on the boards might have something to do with it?

Chief Keef 11-01-2012 07:39 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
dynasty

Locked_Up_Tonight 11-01-2012 07:41 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Quote:

Good thing the Jazz took one from the Mavs before that move. The fact that the Jazz killed them on the boards might have something to do with it?

The boards might be the reason. But he aint the Troy Murphy he was in GS. And Dirk gets all kind of sh*t about his defense but Murphy is a lot worse.

shortsoptional 11-01-2012 07:45 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
The boards might be the reason. But he aint the Troy Murphy he was in GS. And Dirk gets all kind of sh*t about his defense but Murphy is a lot worse.


Murphy is a stop gap just like Curry is until they can get Kaman and Dirk back. They have Brand and Wright (both naturally PF's) playing a lot of center minutes. Those tall trees in Utah are hard to rebound against no matter what team you have.

InspiredLebowski 11-01-2012 08:15 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Murphy's a shit rebounder. The guy leaves his man early (if he's near him to begin with) every time to go for a board in the hopes of a miss. Teammates will be in good position for a board and he'll just swoop in and steal it. He's a shit basketball player, all he can do well is hit trailing 3s.

And now he's reuinited with Jim O'Brien, that shit'll be hilarious.

R.I.P. 11-01-2012 08:34 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

And now he's reuinited with Jim O'Brien, that shit'll be hilarious.


More like hes re-united with Carlisle. Whole purpose would obviously be his rebounding.


If Greg Oden only could get his shit together faster. Just 20 solid minutes a night from him could turn this Mavs team into a contender. Maybe he should take a look at Brandan Wright to see what the Mavs can do for a player with a potentially career-ending injury. Guy was out of the league and now hes putting up 14.5 pts on 93% shooting with 2.5 blks as a temporary starter. If he could only rebound. :cry:

ispin69 11-01-2012 08:38 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Turrible move. I hope they didn't. He was useless as a laker. He's all but done. :facepalm

If they needed a rebounder they should get Chris Birdman Andersen. Even though it seems he has some off court issues, he's way better at rebounding and has SOME defensive value. Just offer him day-to-day contract and waive him when Dirk/Kaman get back.

Whoah10115 11-01-2012 08:39 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
He used to be a very good rebounder...been a while.



Moves like this are why I don't think the Mavs will make the playoffs...Mayo, Collison, Brand...all great pickups...it's the rest.

R.I.P. 11-01-2012 08:47 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoah10115
He used to be a very good rebounder...been a while.



Moves like this are why I don't think the Mavs will make the playoffs...Mayo, Collison, Brand...all great pickups...it's the rest.


What rest? If you think Brand, Collison and Mayo are great additions, you cannot possibly think the Mavs will miss the play-offs, unless you think Dirk is done. Marion has already shown he still got it. Crowder is probably the best player on a 2nd round rook min deal, Wright is the best player on a vet min deal. Even new Boxing Beaubois is suddenly looking like an NBA player again, but that can also change again in two weeks. If only Vince would accept that hes half grandpa, half Peja nowadays.

BarberSchool 11-01-2012 08:54 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ispin69
Turrible move. I hope they didn't. He was useless as a laker. He's all but done. :facepalm

If they needed a rebounder they should get Chris Birdman Andersen. Even though it seems he has some off court issues, he's way better at rebounding and has SOME defensive value. Just offer him day-to-day contract and waive him when Dirk/Kaman get back.

I'd prefer Andersen as well. Much more useful come playoff time.

Whoah10115 11-01-2012 09:38 PM

Re: Troy Murphy to the Mavs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by R.I.P.
What rest? If you think Brand, Collison and Mayo are great additions, you cannot possibly think the Mavs will miss the play-offs, unless you think Dirk is done. Marion has already shown he still got it. Crowder is probably the best player on a 2nd round rook min deal, Wright is the best player on a vet min deal. Even new Boxing Beaubois is suddenly looking like an NBA player again, but that can also change again in two weeks. If only Vince would accept that hes half grandpa, half Peja nowadays.




I think Mayo can go either way. But he's still got potential and he's certainly young enough. He's worth the risk, especially on his contract. Collison is an all-around PG, who fits the Dallas system. He's gonna get in the lane. He'll shoot, he'll pass, he'll be solid all-around. Elton Brand, as an Amnesty pick-up, will provide terrific cover for Dirk. And I think Marion is the perfect compliment to Dirk, on both sides of the ball.


But Kaman is not a good fit next to Dirk. I don't think he's good for the spacing. More importantly, the defense. I think Kaman is (at least was) a very good post defender and a solid defender overall. But he's not what you want next to Dirk. And that's a big deal.


I also think Dirk came into camp last year hungover and was complaining that he still had to carry the team himself, while all these teams have all these pieces (Harden killed Dallas and ran OKC in that 4 quarter, and was the 3rd best player). I know he's friends with Kaman. But as a whole, I can see him underwhelmed and his motivation seems greatly lacking.



Now, the person who mentioned Greg Oden...even if Oden could do no more than catch and put back an offensive rebound...if he could be healthy enough to rebound and play the defense that he was supposed to...hell, I hope he is.



I like Crowder off the bench. Deron was raving about him (Dallas should have pitched his draft selection lol) and he can play...they're on the cusp but they look to be falling a little short.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy