Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kawhi with his second straight game of 5 steals (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280161)

Wonder Bread Kid 11-02-2012 12:14 AM

Kawhi with his second straight game of 5 steals

He's coming to play. Probably could have had one or two more in each game actually.

Tycriss 11-02-2012 12:18 AM

Re: Kawhi with his second straight game of 5 steals

Kawhi Leonard is a Bruce Bowen 2.0

fsvr54 11-02-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycriss

Damn, nikka got alien hands.

IGotACoolStory 11-02-2012 12:48 AM

Who is Holly Mackenzie?

Is this her? (random google)

SCdac 11-02-2012 01:03 AM

People say Bruce Bowen alot, but upon closer look Leonard is more like a stockier, slightly less athletic Shawn Marion (who lead the league in Steals a couple years). Like Marion, Leonard can do a little bit of everything, is efficient offensively, and he knows where to be on the court to get the steal, rebound, open look, etc. I could see him averaging 14-16 ppg if given the touches and role in a offense that needs it, Bowen couldn't do that nor would he be asked. Bruce, unlike Leonard, also rarely dunked or put the ball on the floor.

cranincu 11-02-2012 01:09 AM

smh posting on a basketball forum and not knowing the goddess stackmack

TMT 11-02-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCdac
People say Bruce Bowen alot, but upon closer look Leonard is more like a stockier, slightly less athletic Shawn Marion (who lead the league in Steals a couple years). Like Marion, Leonard can do a little bit of everything, is efficient offensively, and he knows where to be on the court to get the steal, rebound, open look, etc. I could see him averaging 14-16 ppg if given the touches and role in a offense that needs it, Bowen couldn't do that nor would he be asked. Bruce, unlike Leonard, also rarely dunked or put the ball on the floor.

The only thing that I think Bruce and Kawhi have in common is their quick feet and pesky length. Otherwise Kawhi is much more athletic, stronger on the boards, better finisher, better handle. Most people would tell you Bruce was a below average offensive player other than his corner shot. If Kawhi can get his corner 3 to peak Bowen's level his game will be even more of a beauty to watch.

I think Leonard is absolutely killing it this year. He's much more confident than he was last year, not afraid to take his shots, active all over the court, and making big plays like that huge steal on Westbrook in the last minute of the fourth tonight. This kid really improves every game and I'm stoked at how his future is looking. Spurs for life hopefully.

andremiller07 11-02-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

People say Bruce Bowen alot, but upon closer look Leonard is more like a stockier, slightly less athletic Shawn Marion

These are my exact thoughts as well, Kawhi is a good teammate who can play any style of ball on any team and be succesful and I really enjoy watching the dude play

dirkdiggler41 11-02-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycriss

East_Stone_Ya 11-02-2012 04:33 AM

amazing how Spurs find these players :applause:

Toizumi 11-02-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

I like the Shawn Marion comparison, although Matrix, especially after a few years in the league, played down low more (which you can see in his rebound numbers). I say a Scottie Pippen comparison fits better and that's saying a lot. Kawhi doesn't have the same court vision, but definitely that same defensive talent (and same build), can put the ball on the floor and knock down open shots as well.

Chief Keef 11-02-2012 06:07 AM

Honestly I think Danny Green is more like Bruce Bowen at times. Good defender, deadly from beyond the arc.

CLTHornets4eva 11-02-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41

Wow. That was rediculous.

Loved him as my last pick in fantasy.

Wonder Bread Kid 11-02-2012 03:00 PM

So glad we got rid of Jefferson. Kawhi/Jax is such a great tandem at SF.

Levity 11-02-2012 03:16 PM

the way he keeps his hands up while playing man on man D is very similar to the way bruce did. Thats probably something that was taught to him since joining SA.