Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Are the Knicks a playoff team? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28020)

j Fresh 01-29-2007 06:29 PM

Are the Knicks a playoff team?

Statistically no. But for the second half of the season, do you think they will look at their mistakes so far and regroup?? The Nets and Raptors are fighting it out right now ....

knickscity 01-29-2007 06:43 PM

Re: Are the Knicks a playoff team?

Anything can happen in this weak eastern conference.
But without a go-to guy on this team, NO WE WON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.
I think Zeke has something up his sleeve. His player subs over the last 10 games gives me a clue he's boosting people's value for a possible trade.

Amigo 01-29-2007 07:30 PM

They are not a Playoff team. They might have one or two guys that can make it a Playoff team but not with the other players they have as a supporting cast. I don't have my hopes up for this half of the season. The Nets will run away with it.

jt24 01-29-2007 07:41 PM

no chance this team is neither good enough nor consitant enough, every time they take a step forward they take 2 steps back, they have the great wins over utah and charlotte then they get killed by philly, they have a little winning streak and then get smacked at home by charlotte, they have the good win over the heat and lose to the bucks without there best player, this team isnt a playoff team.

oldknickfan 01-30-2007 06:45 PM

They might be... if we can get them to play in the PASL! However, I don't think they would be good enough to even make the playoffs in the WNBA -- even if everyone passed their physicals.:lol:

Seriously, unless something radical changes I don't see the Knicks making the playoffs this year even in the horrible east.

oldknickfan 01-30-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
Anything can happen in this weak eastern conference.
But without a go-to guy on this team, NO WE WON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.
I think Zeke has something up his sleeve. His player subs over the last 10 games gives me a clue he's boosting people's value for a possible trade.

Who would you guess for whom?

knicks15 01-31-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j Fresh
Statistically no. But for the second half of the season, do you think they will look at their mistakes so far and regroup?? The Nets and Raptors are fighting it out right now ....

possible but doubtful. there are 8 teams in the playoff picture right now and the heat arent one of them, i figure theyll knock one team out and the knicks will probably have to win 40+ games for a shot.

bigdaddybluesman 02-01-2007 08:16 AM

It's not looking good.......:(

Don Che 02-01-2007 01:10 PM

We can be one if we play D.....Did anyone notice how good we looked without Eddy Curry against the Heat?

Skywalker 02-01-2007 06:51 PM

No they aren't, and never will be with those players. Rebuild! Rebuild!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 02-01-2007 08:21 PM

Right now, nope they just don't know how to beat teams like the bobcats but they can be a team on any given night.

Starks4Ever 02-05-2007 08:03 PM

I really think the Knicks will make the playoffs. I went through the schedule and I think the knicks can finish about 10 games over the rest of the way. If Marbs keeps it up, Curry keeps pushing it, Q stays healthy, JCraw stays under control, Lee keeps being Lee and Francis stays hurt, then we have as much talent as everyone. They will play hard, play D (thats right) and make the playoffs.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 02-05-2007 10:18 PM

We will make a run after allstar break, i think raptors will slip. The nets are slippin right now as we speak. Back to back losses vs Hawks and Sixers.

j Fresh 02-05-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
We will make a run after allstar break, i think raptors will slip. The nets are slippin right now as we speak. Back to back losses vs Hawks and Sixers.

Look, the way I see it, this can be our time to shine if we really want to....it's like you said the Nets a slipping, and can Toronto carry this big of a load after the break?

This is like a teenager who still thinks he's a kid, even he has to move out of his parents house and find a house and a job etc. It's all about being mature enough, and wanting to become a man.

The Knicks need to grow up, yes they are young, but they should know the fundamentals of basketball. Every European player learns basketball through the fundamentals of the game, while some American born players are born athletically skilled, so they don't worry about this. That's the problem with the Knicks. You can learn the fundamentals in on one day, actually in less than an hour. All you have to do is apply it in game time, and when you get it down we can win.

This is our game to lose. We can achieve great things, or we can be a typical 32 win team every year until this changes.

knickscity 02-05-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk

Cosigned. Working on a new avatar.