Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Net Fans, are you jealous? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280963)

niko 11-09-2012 02:02 PM

Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
The Lakers wasted 5 games with Mike Brown, chances are Avery will be around holding you back all year. The defensive minded coach whose team refuses to play defense.

kurple 11-09-2012 02:03 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
you're just mad lin left

knicks aint goin no where

niko 11-09-2012 02:04 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurple
you're just mad lin left

knicks aint goin no where


I just paid the Nets a compliment, i think Avery is their main problem. Not the roster. Your thoughts?

Is Lin a Net? Shouldn't i have bashed the rockets?

BTW, no YOU HATE THE NETS shit. This is about the 100th time i said Avery is a shitty coach, going back to the first time the nets hired him. They don't play hard for him, his offense is an offense only because Deron makes it so, and his forte, defense is their weakest attribute. I find it hard to believe he is a good coach for Deron, Lopez, etc. when they don't give him their best effort. Lopez not rebounding coincided with him being there.

Whoah10115 11-09-2012 02:25 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
I just paid the Nets a compliment, i think Avery is their main problem. Not the roster. Your thoughts?

Is Lin a Net? Shouldn't i have bashed the rockets?

BTW, no YOU HATE THE NETS shit. This is about the 100th time i said Avery is a shitty coach, going back to the first time the nets hired him. They don't play hard for him, his offense is an offense only because Deron makes it so, and his forte, defense is their weakest attribute. I find it hard to believe he is a good coach for Deron, Lopez, etc. when they don't give him their best effort. Lopez not rebounding coincided with him being there.





I didn't think he was a shitty coach...but he looks awful...I can't stand him.

niko 11-09-2012 02:27 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I didn't think he was a shitty coach...but he looks awful...I can't stand him.

Yes Shitty coach is not fair, i shouldn't speak with hyperbole. I do not think he is anything but an average head coach though, and i think his shortcomings are a bad fit for this nets team. I don't think that team listens to him.

HEAT111 11-09-2012 02:31 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
OP is a dum..B%#^

:lol

knickswin 11-09-2012 02:31 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
can't you just leave the nets fans alone? there are like 2 of them in the whole universe anyway.

niko 11-09-2012 02:32 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickswin
can't you just leave the nets fans alone? there are like 2 of them in the whole universe anyway.


It's a fair topic, the Knicks went through this shit last year. We weren't playing defense, weren't playing with any enthusiasm, just basically waiting for things to change. Didn't duck the topic then.

alenleomessi 11-09-2012 03:17 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
so niko is a pain in the ass in the nba forum too? damn

Skep 11-09-2012 03:19 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Knicks are still a first round playoff team at best.

I predict theyll lose the 4-5 seeded matchup against the Sixers or ATL

niko 11-09-2012 03:22 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by alenleomessi
so niko is a pain in the ass in the nba forum too? damn


You've basically been reduced to a troll in the soccer forum. :lol Do you ever post anything that adds value?

niko 11-09-2012 03:23 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Nobody has any opinion on Avery as the Nets coach? They are a top 5ish type team in the East, and they have all new players, high expectations, and their coach is ehh. It's not a terrible topic although maybe im wrong...

knickswin 11-09-2012 03:37 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
It's a fair topic, the Knicks went through this shit last year. We weren't playing defense, weren't playing with any enthusiasm, just basically waiting for things to change. Didn't duck the topic then.


you don't need to be a pest. you could just let them be. that's another alternative. they're probably down enough after the last 2 games. you don't need to rub it in.

gigantes 11-09-2012 04:06 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Nobody has any opinion on Avery as the Nets coach? They are a top 5ish type team in the East, and they have all new players, high expectations, and their coach is ehh. It's not a terrible topic although maybe im wrong...

we just talked about this in the nets subforum. for someone who recently said they want to be a nets mod, um... where were you?

in any case, i'm not crazy about avery as the nets coach, but i'm not sure how much he can really get out of this group. pretty much every rotation player is a poor defender with the exception of crash. i think you'd need a clever X's and O's to make up for that kind of thing, but i'm not sure that was ever avery's strong suit.

more and more i think zach lowe nailed what the biggest problem of all is. in other words, the weakly-defending hump might be a stopgap player that's not really seen as a long-term part of the team, but one long-term, maxed-out, semi-franchise player a big key to everything that happens on the floor:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ts-title-hopes

specific examples with pics / video:
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...defense-so-far

Whoah10115 11-09-2012 04:39 PM

Re: Net Fans, are you jealous?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Yes Shitty coach is not fair, i shouldn't speak with hyperbole. I do not think he is anything but an average head coach though, and i think his shortcomings are a bad fit for this nets team. I don't think that team listens to him.




Well, I think he's close to shitty now...just not when he was signed.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy