Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Phil Jackson returns and gets this team to play to their full potential... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281064)

ConanRulesNBC 11-10-2012 01:21 AM

If Phil Jackson returns and gets this team to play to their full potential...

Who wouldn't want to see the Lakers vs. the Heat in the NBA finals?

Phil coaching a super team vs. a super team put together by Pat Riley.

Kobe vs. LeBron

Howard & Gasol vs. Bosh

Nash vs. Wade

longtime lurker 11-10-2012 01:24 AM

Re: If Phil Jackson returns and gets this team to play to their full potential...

Heat would

:lebroncry:

plowking 11-10-2012 01:26 AM

Re: If Phil Jackson returns and gets this team to play to their full potential...

You seriously make the gayest threads.

jchu 11-10-2012 02:15 AM

man, why do you need a hall of fame coach when you have a super team?

hehe

Mr. Incredible 11-10-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchu
man, why do you need a hall of fame coach when you have a super team?

hehe

:rockon:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 11-10-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Who wouldn't want to see the Lakers vs. the Heat in the NBA finals?

Phil coaching a super team vs. a super team put together by Pat Riley.

Kobe vs. LeBron

Howard & Gasol vs. Bosh

Nash vs. Wade

they would rap!e Bosh's a$$ to the bank

ispin69 11-10-2012 02:36 AM

Why is your super team losing?

The Pick Your Poison team had TWO future HOF -- IN THEIR PRIME, Shaq and Kobe. Malone was hurt down the stretch, Payton was not effective.

This team only has one player in their prime, Dwight (borderline HOF player like Melo). No Kobe is not in his prime, it's his 17th season and next season could easily be his last with all the injuries/surgeries he's be pushing off.

Either double Dwight or Kobe and let the other score 40+pts and lose. Nash won't be much of a problem, he'll give away as much points on defense & turnovers than he helps create. Gasol (like Payton) won't be effective like the last two years, he just fades in the playoffs. You thought Jamison was going to be 6th man of the year? :facepalm

PJax was the coach too. This is a worst team.

fsvr54 11-10-2012 02:42 AM

Fans of other teams

**** super teams, I want to see my team in the Finals

ConanRulesNBC 11-10-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ispin69

The Pick Your Poison team had TWO future HOF -- IN THEIR PRIME, Shaq and Kobe. Malone was hurt down the stretch, Payton was not effective.

This team only has one player in their prime, Dwight (borderline HOF player like Melo). No Kobe is not in his prime, it's his 17th season and next season could easily be his last with all the injuries/surgeries he's be pushing off.

Either double Dwight or Kobe and let the other score 40+pts and lose. Nash won't be much of a problem, he'll give away as much points on defense & turnovers than he helps create. Gasol (like Payton) won't be effective like the last two years, he just fades in the playoffs. You thought Jamison was going to be 6th man of the year? :facepalm

How is this a worse team? Kobe might not be in his prime right now but he's close to it and plays smarter than he did back then. Gasol right now is as good as Malone in 2003/2004. Steve Nash is better than Gary Payton in 2003/2004. Dwight Howard is a little better right now than Shaq in 2003/2004.

TheeBeast 11-10-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

You're obviously delusional and caught in this wild fantasy that some how the 2012 Lakers roster magically transformed into the Lakers of 2004.

ispin69 11-10-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheeBeast
You're obviously delusional and caught in this wild fantasy that some how the 2012 Lakers roster magically transformed into the Lakers of 2004.

No, I'm clearly comparing them. But delusional Laker fans don't want to face it or objectively refute my points. I said they were way overrated this summer while Laker fans thought they were going 82-0 or at least chase the Bull's record. Who's delusional?

:coleman:

KG215 11-10-2012 03:43 AM

F**k that. I want Thunder vs. whoever in the Finals.

RazorBaLade 11-10-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

No, I'm clearly comparing them. But delusional Laker fans don't want to face it or objectively refute my points. I said they were way overrated this summer while Laker fans thought they were going 82-0 or at least chase the Bull's record. Who's delusional?

must have taken a lot of guts to bet against the lakers going 82-0

TheeBeast 11-10-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

I've been hearing the 2004 comparison here ever since Lakers landed Nash and Howard. And I honestly think its rubbed off on people who didn't even watch the Lakers play in 2004.

But if the 2004 Lakers could make it all the way to the finals, I'll take that. And finish what they couldn't :rockon:

Vienceslav 11-10-2012 03:54 AM

get it done mitch.