Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   We gonna act like Serge Ibaka hasn't scored 21 or more 3 games in a row? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281069)

mjokc 11-10-2012 02:25 AM

We gonna act like Serge Ibaka hasn't scored 21 or more 3 games in a row?

I know Serge has a long way to go, but I remember how quickly everyone was to say that OKC should have traded Serge instead of Harden and how great Harden is. Meanwhile Serge is lighting it up and Harden is getting bent over by any Western team with a good perimeter defender.

StateOfMind12 11-10-2012 02:27 AM

Re: We gonna act like Serge Ibaka hasn't scored 21 or more 3 games in a row?

I haven't watched much OKC but I always knew Serge had serious potential offensively.

I've always thought Brooks was an idiot for not making an attempt to use him as the offensive post-player that everybody wanted OKC to have.

mjokc 11-10-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I haven't watched much OKC but I always knew Serge had serious potential offensively.

I've always thought Brooks was an idiot for not making an attempt to use him as the offensive post-player that everybody wanted OKC to have.

Oh man, don't get me started on Brooks.

SyRyanYang 11-10-2012 02:35 AM

Ibaka has developed a nice mid-range J's since last season. With that and Durant&Westbrook on your team --- easy buckets 24/7

fsvr54 11-10-2012 02:37 AM

LOL, is any team happy with their coach?

KG215 11-10-2012 03:21 AM

Small correction: this was the second game in a row he's gotten 21+, not third. He got 17 against Toronto a couple games ago. But he is averaging 21 PPG over his last three.

Had to miss tonight's game. How'd he get his points tonight? A lot of jumpers again or did he mix it up inside some?

Since his two poor games to start the season, though, he's looked good.

4 G, 19.3 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 3.0 BPG, .674 FG% (31/46)

I'd like to see that RPG number closer to 8 or 9 but he had a 4 rebound game in the blowout win over the Raptors where he only played 23 minutes.

KG215 11-10-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsvr54
LOL, is any team happy with their coach?

Spurs, maybe?

I'd have to think the vast majority of their fans are happy with Popovich.

maybeshewill13 11-10-2012 03:52 AM

Ibaka was great today. He's definitely improving on the offensive end, which is exactly what we need.

mjokc 11-10-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
Small correction: this was the second game in a row he's gotten 21+, not third. He got 17 against Toronto a couple games ago. But he is averaging 21 PPG over his last three.

Had to miss tonight's game. How'd he get his points tonight? A lot of jumpers again or did he mix it up inside some?

Since his two poor games to start the season, though, he's looked good.

4 G, 19.3 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 3.0 BPG, .674 FG% (31/46)

I'd like to see that RPG number closer to 8 or 9 but he had a 4 rebound game in the blowout win over the Raptors where he only played 23 minutes.

My mistake, still just glad to see him playing well when everyone was slobbering over Harden. Most were jumpers but he did get a few inside. the biggest change I see in his game is he is actually creating some of his offense.

Chapallaz 11-10-2012 05:30 PM

We gonna act like the thread title isnt a lie?

lilgodfather1 11-10-2012 05:49 PM

Who thought trading Ibaka was a good idea? I don't remember anyone saying that personally. Big men are at a premium in the NBA, especially ones with Ibaka's unique combination of shot blocking, and shooting ability.

I think the Thunder have a very interesting mix of players, and in a couple of years I don't think it will be rediculous to say they will have three top 20 players on their roster, without Harden, possibly 4 top 20 players if Lamb develops, or that Raptors pick cashes in.

IGotACoolStory 11-10-2012 05:51 PM

I always thought he was a better rebounder than that. Not sure why.

Dictator 11-10-2012 05:55 PM

Next Shaq.

BlackVVaves 11-10-2012 06:07 PM

He was impressive this week, but I still think him essentially becoming a jump shooter (though efficient) is just adding a redundant dynamic. OKC would be nearly unstoppable if his touch from 12-18 feet from the basket became his touch from 2-8 feet.