Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone live in North Carolina? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281137)

Patrick Chewing 11-10-2012 09:08 PM

Anyone live in North Carolina?

Specifically Raleigh or Durham area?

Looking at moving the fam down to that area possibly and wanted to know a little bit about economic opportunites, safety, etc..

SourPatchKids 11-10-2012 09:10 PM

Re: Anyone live in North Carolina?

Yo ask this question in the Bobcats forum. Lot of nice folks there who only check out that forum and pretty sure most of them live in NC.

Patrick Chewing 11-10-2012 09:10 PM

Good point, son.

AK47DR91 11-10-2012 09:19 PM

They love basketball and NASCAR. Land is flat unless you drive out west to Winston-Salem and Ashville areas. Durham and Raleigh areas is a lot better than Charlotte(kinda ghetto).

That's all I remember during my 2-year residency in NC when I was a young teen. Still got distant relatives there; cousins and in-law's.

rufuspaul 11-10-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47DR91
They love basketball and NASCAR. Land is flat unless you drive out west to Winston-Salem and Ashville areas. Durham and Raleigh areas is a lot better than Charlotte(kinda ghetto).

That's all I remember during my 2-year residency in NC when I was a young teen. Still got distant relatives there; cousins and in-law's.

:oldlol: Yeah I live in the ****ing ghetto. :rolleyes:

Charlotte's a great city. Small enough to feel like a small town but big enough to have a major airport, major league sports and world class restaurants. I live 2 hours from my mountain house and 3 hours from the beach. We have 4 seasons: spring, summer, fall and late fall. We recently hosted the Democratic National Convention and got rave reviews.

The research triangle is fun because of the 3 colleges there: UNC, NC State and Durham Clown College (otherwise known as Dook). I go back to Chapel Hill several times a year and always have a great time.

I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Patrick Chewing 11-10-2012 11:01 PM

rufus how far is Charlotte from Durham area? I'm applying for work around Raleigh/Durham right now.

I've found some jobs in and round Durham like Apex. Apex?

rufuspaul 11-10-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
rufus how far is Charlotte from Durham area? I'm applying for work around Raleigh/Durham right now.

I've found some jobs in and round Durham like Apex. Apex?

Apex used to be a small town but is now more of a suburb of Raleigh-Durham. I like the area but it's very spread out. A lot of nice suburbs with no real "urb" if you know what I mean.

Legend of Josh 11-11-2012 05:10 AM

North Carolina is great.

:bowdown:

mlh1981 11-11-2012 09:15 AM

If i didn't live in Florida, NC would be on my short list of places to live. Seems pretty close to everything a person would need and want, the exception being an MLB franchise.:no:

i'll be passing through Charlotte in a few weeks. Seems like a nice city.

rufuspaul 11-11-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
If i didn't live in Florida, NC would be on my short list of places to live. Seems pretty close to everything a person would need and want, the exception being an MLB franchise.:no:

i'll be passing through Charlotte in a few weeks. Seems like a nice city.

Let me know when you're in town. I can steer you towards the places where the young people (or so I hear :oldlol: ) hang. I love this time of year when all the hotties are sporting tights and come-fuck-me boots. :banana:

Having a big airport is key for me. I'm 2hrs or less from NYC, Boston, DC, ATL, Miami, etc. Makes for a fun long weekend.

senelcoolidge 11-11-2012 01:27 PM

I was stationed in North Carolina. Very nice place. People were very nice for the most part. Compared to where I come from where people are rude and nasty. It was a pleasant change. I lived out East. Visited Raleigh a few times. I heard the cost of living in Raleigh was high. But jobs pay well in that area.

CeltsGarlic 11-11-2012 01:33 PM

Carolina Pride!

Patrick Chewing 11-11-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
I was stationed in North Carolina. Very nice place. People were very nice for the most part. Compared to where I come from where people are rude and nasty. It was a pleasant change. I lived out East. Visited Raleigh a few times. I heard the cost of living in Raleigh was high. But jobs pay well in that area.

That's what I'm coming to find that jobs are good and do pay pretty decent. I'm looking at renting and I'm finding some nice houses that are rent-to-own for pretty cheap.