Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Anyone live or from North Carolina here? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281138)

Patrick Chewing 11-10-2012 09:12 PM

Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Specifically wondering about the Raleigh/Durham area. Need to know about economic opportunities and how safe of an area that really is. Looking at moving the wife and kids down. Thanks.

rufuspaul 11-10-2012 11:01 PM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Specifically wondering about the Raleigh/Durham area. Need to know about economic opportunities and how safe of an area that really is. Looking at moving the wife and kids down. Thanks.



I grew up in Fayetteville, spent 8 yrs. in Chapel Hill and have lived in Charlotte for the last 15 yrs. I also own a home in Boone. I wouldn't live in any other place in the world.

Timmeh 11-11-2012 11:44 AM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
I live in Greenville, which is about an hour east of Raleigh. The Raleigh/Cary/Apex area is seeing a lot of job growth and it's a really clean, family-friendly area. Durham, not so much. Stay away from Durham.

rufuspaul 11-11-2012 09:06 PM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
I live in Greenville, which is about an hour east of Raleigh. The Raleigh/Cary/Apex area is seeing a lot of job growth and it's a really clean, family-friendly area. Durham, not so much. Stay away from Durham.



Timmeh's right. Some weird shit downtown there, although the Durham Bulls are fun to watch. But still best to avoid, especially since there's this private college there that attracts the biggest D-bags on the East Coast.

~spectre~ 11-12-2012 06:28 AM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
I'm in Apex/Holly Springs and I love the area. Get city water though...there's very little water in the ground for wells.

onewickedlady 11-12-2012 12:21 PM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
... But still best to avoid, especially since there's this private college there that attracts the biggest D-bags on the East Coast.


Did you really say that???????????

Timmeh 11-12-2012 01:02 PM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Spoken like a true Tar Heel. I wouldn't agree that Duke brings in D-bags on the East Coast -- it's more like they bring in the most pretentious academic chess club nerds in the nation. However, a lady friend of mine is starting there in the spring, and she's cool, so I can't hate.

And rufus, you're right. The Bulls are fun to watch, but unless you're in the stadium, you don't feel too safe. Even the walk from the parking lot to the stadium is sketchy.

rufuspaul 11-13-2012 08:42 AM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Did you really say that???????????


Sorry OWL. I bleed Carolina blue. My hatred for all things Dook is in-bred.

onewickedlady 11-13-2012 12:35 PM

?here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Sorry OWL. I bleed Carolina blue. My hatred for all things Dook is in-bred.


Well, every place has its inter-collegiate rivalries. NC, NY and California, too. USC vs UCLA is probably the best example here...(in CA).

Patrick Chewing 11-13-2012 09:32 PM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Much appreciated with the responses. Looks like the Raleigh/Apex area is hiring a lot and I've been looking at houses in the Raleigh area.

BrentISballin 11-16-2012 02:00 AM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I'm in Apex/Holly Springs and I love the area. Get city water though...there's very little water in the ground for wells.

Wait, I live in the Apex/Holly springs area too... and you're s/n looks familiar. Do we know each other from something car related?

onewickedlady 11-17-2012 09:30 PM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Much appreciated with the responses. Looks like the Raleigh/Apex area is hiring a lot and I've been looking at houses in the Raleigh area.



I'm missing me some Raymond Felton.

rufuspaul 11-19-2012 10:53 AM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I'm missing me some Raymond Felton.



I'm glad to see him doing well with the Knicks. He seemed lost in Denver and Portland.

onewickedlady 11-19-2012 02:52 PM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I'm glad to see him doing well with the Knicks. He seemed lost in Denver and Portland.



Mek and G-Dub don't seem to be stellar at the moment. Good but not stellar.

~spectre~ 11-20-2012 05:52 AM

Re: Anyone live or from North Carolina here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentISballin
Wait, I live in the Apex/Holly springs area too... and you're s/n looks familiar. Do we know each other from something car related?


S/N?

I had an old 68 Firebird more than a few years back but now I drive a Silverado.

Never know tho...small world indeed.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy