Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ronnie Brewer (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281167)

bluerap 11-11-2012 08:15 AM

Ronnie Brewer

Costing the knicks 850k and outperforming landry fields by a mile.

I bet they are glad the raptors offered so much that they didn't even have to think about it.

Qwyjibo 11-11-2012 11:06 AM

Re: Ronnie Brewer

I honestly would rather simply have Jerryd Bayless (backing up both PG and SG) and James Johnson (who is sucking too) instead of Fields. But we all know Casey had some stick up his ass when it came to JJ and something he did. Character trumps talent, production and value.

Or just give the minutes to the other crappy SF you overpaid (Kleiza) instead of compounding the issue and signing another one.

The entire Fields signing was so mind-boggling.

Himan12 11-11-2012 08:07 PM

I was labelled as b****** when I called this guy an overpaid role player and he isnt even that. As of now he is trash and at this rate he is making joey and moon look like stars. I would take crapono over him as well.

But I still have a slim hope he will turn it around.

bluerap 11-12-2012 10:27 PM

holy cow, with that list it really makes the raps sf situation very sad.

moon,
joey g
kapono,
johnson
kleiza
fields

that is a pathetic group of players there.

add in
dom mcguire and allan anderson too.

Qwyjibo 11-12-2012 10:29 PM

I think Jamario Moon might've been the best of the bunch. At least for the Raptors. How sad is that?

Beebo 11-14-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluerap
holy cow, with that list it really makes the raps sf situation very sad.

moon,
joey g
kapono,
johnson
kleiza
fields

that is a pathetic group of players there.

add in
dom mcguire and allan anderson too.

What bout Hedo?? Dude was a huge failure here.

Our best SF in recent times was Marion..and he only played half a season.

Sekman 11-14-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beebo
What bout Hedo?? Dude was a huge failure here.

Our best SF in recent times was Marion..and he only played half a season.

we haven't had a good SF since Garbo..

btw, I like Landry Field's game and I think it's all mental right now.. he will bounce back IMO..

now make fun of me all u want

kwajo 11-14-2012 10:11 AM

Even Garbo wasn't that great, other than his effort and heart, the guy was not a go-to SF in this league.

Sekman 11-14-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
Even Garbo wasn't that great, other than his effort and heart, the guy was not a go-to SF in this league.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Garbo was the only reason we won the Divison that year !

we could have made the playoffs that year without Garbo, since Bosh, Nesterovic, TJ and Parker were amazing, but...

GARBO could have taken us to the 2nd round !!!!! if he wasn't injured during post season

bokes15 11-14-2012 12:51 PM

I really liked James Johnson. I GUESS he had locker room issues or something? He's getting paid basically an average of 3 mill a year and he was twice the player that Fields is. SF has always been a weak position for us for whatever reason. We haven't had a LEGIT 3 since probably Mo-Pete. It was nice having Shawn Marion for that brief stint.

bluerap 11-15-2012 08:18 AM

The only REAL SF we've ever had was TMAC.

Jballer 11-15-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The entire Fields signing was so mind-boggling.

If the rumors are correct (reasonable to assume they are) Fields is only signed as part of an "all in bet" on signing Steve Nash.

Collangelo makes the offer to criple a Knicks bid.

Another example of an "all in - 1 plan only" management strategy that back fired. It cost us a first round draft pick - looking like 4th overall right now to Okla (by way of Houston) to correct the mistake in having no plan B

Again if any of the rumors are remotely correct (reasonable to assume they are) - we could have had KLow and potentially another lower first round pick that might or might not have been Terrence Ross for our pick (Drummond) and perhaps a player like Ed Davis. Even if that pick wasnt Terrence Ross - it doesnt appear that management has brought forward this NBA ready player with significant minutes.

So (1) Miscalculation on the all in strategy on Nash and compounded by (2) miscalculation on draft day.

Jballer 11-15-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sekman
btw, I like Landry Field's game and I think it's all mental right now.. he will bounce back IMO..

now make fun of me all u want

I wont make fun of you at all. He will improve. I mean look at this! How can he not improve ?

PPG2.4
RPG3.2
APG1.6
FG%.208

The question is how much will he improve?

Will he ever be worth his 5/5/7 or is his "non amnesty qualifying contract" (according to another poster - I am note sure) ever be fulfilled ?

See post above about inept all in management startegies with no fail safe.

neilio23 11-15-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jballer
I wont make fun of you at all. He will improve. I mean look at this! How can he not improve ?

PPG2.4
RPG3.2
APG1.6
FG%.208

Why in the first place is he playing this poorly - I don't understand...

Jballer 11-15-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilio23
Why in the first place is he playing this poorly - I don't understand...

His shooting hand hurts ?

:confusedshrug: