Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bynum Won't Be Back Until January (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281245)

AirTupac 11-12-2012 11:03 AM

Bynum Won't Be Back Until January

It could be until early January before center Andrew Bynum plays a game for the 76ers, team indicates in release.

@WojYahooNBA

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...20717256339457

GreatHILL 11-12-2012 11:04 AM

Re: Bynum Won't Be Back Until January

so lakers fans happy about it?

AirTupac 11-12-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatHILL
so lakers fans happy about it?

Happy that we avoided this but I do wish the best for Bynum. I wanna see him do something with Philly.

BlackVVaves 11-12-2012 11:07 AM

Did something go wrong with his surgery?

chazzy 11-12-2012 11:28 AM

What the hell happened? Out 3 months from a "bone bruise?" Something fishy here

Real Men Wear Green 11-12-2012 11:31 AM

A trade that initially seemed great for Philly may end up crippling the franchise for years. Bynum doesn't strike me as the type to stay in peak condition through rehab and he's already been proven to be injury-prone.

Shepseskaf 11-12-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
A trade that initially seemed great for Philly may end up crippling the franchise for years. Bynum doesn't strike me as the type to stay in peak condition through rehab and he's already been proven to be injury-prone.

Yup. My gut feeling is that Drew just wants to collect paychecks and live the high-life.

Mr. Incredible 11-12-2012 11:34 AM

That sucks

niko 11-12-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

It won't cripple them unless they resign Bynum and then he never plays.. They wanted Iquodala gone anyway. Losing him does not cripple the franchise.

ripthekik 11-12-2012 11:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIhTe...ature=g-user-u

he just need some biitches and weed.
"ya know what i'm sayin' :pimp: "

Real Men Wear Green 11-12-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
It won't cripple them unless they resign Bynum and then he never plays.. They wanted Iquodala gone anyway. Losing him does not cripple the franchise.

If they let him go they're not a playoff team, or at best 8th seed. He's supposed to be their franchise player. Without him how are they going to be relevant?

InspiredLebowski 11-12-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

It is a contract year for Bynum, so that's gotta give him some incentive to get back and play well.

Of course, Bynum's a really talented center and a 6'3 shooting guard just played 6 games and got the max, soooo hooray NBA?

GOBB 11-12-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

If they let him go they're not a playoff team, or at best 8th seed. He's supposed to be their franchise player. Without him how are they going to be relevant?

Without Bynum Sixers move on. They dont have any contracts that cripple them financially. They can make a trade or two to clear more cap space and sign players in the offseason. Who do they sign? Who do they get back in trades? Anyones guess. No Bynum doesnt mean the franchise is crippled. If Bynum gets the max and ends up as Jeff Ruland then that move cripples the franchise.

chocolatethunder 11-12-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure how relevant they are with him. I'm a Sixers fan but I think that the franchise viewed this as a gamble. They didn't want Iggy anymore and thought that this was the best fit for them but knew he was damaged goods and there was a risk in taking him. I assume they figured that if he worked out then great, they'll sign him to an extension and if not they'd just let him walk. Obviously they're better with him but I don't view them as a contender.

sixerfan82 11-12-2012 12:36 PM

Fortunately for us, Bynum isn't a 'once a decade' center like shaq, hakeem, etc.

We'd be just as good with oden if he was able to play