Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should the clippers hire Phil Jackson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281286)

Rekindled 11-12-2012 05:49 PM

Should the clippers hire Phil Jackson

should they? or maybe the Nets should

el gringos 11-12-2012 05:54 PM

Re: Should the clippers hire Phil Jackson

They should both go after George Karl. He has 5 more years in him

BlackVVaves 11-12-2012 06:01 PM

Clippers should have hired D'Antoni, especially if he's coming with Nate McMillan. They would, and have in the past, look so bad in a half-court offense like the Triangle. That team needs to be running on all occasions, and though I don't think they'd have won a title with Mike No'D, he'd be a better fit than either Phil or their current ****boy Del Negro.

Lakers should have hired Phil, Clippers should have fired Del Negro mid-season and hired D'Antoni. Best fits for both teams' situations (both on and off the court).

Maybe the Clippers will get Sloan. That would be awesome. Sadly though, the more Del Negro wins, the less likely he is fired.

Kiddlovesnets 11-12-2012 06:02 PM

Maybe Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson is a bad fit for Chris Paul unless they expect not to resign him already at this point.

chips93 11-12-2012 06:03 PM

donald sterling is too cheap to fire VDN, and waaaaaaay too cheap to hire jackson

brandonislegend 11-12-2012 06:06 PM

You think Phil Jackson would accept a job with that flawed roster?

bmulls 11-12-2012 06:06 PM

Doubt Phil Jackson has any interest in any team not named the Lakers

senelcoolidge 11-12-2012 06:07 PM

Funny. Jackson was seen having lunch with Sterling today. But he would not be a good fit for the Clippers. They should hire Mike Brown as an assistant.

clipps 11-12-2012 06:13 PM

Not a good fit considering Chris Paul's such a ball dominant PG. Although I do remember Phil utilizing Gary Payton somewhat well.

Darius 11-12-2012 06:29 PM

They could do worse but who they need to hire is Jerry Sloan.

A pick and roll master.

NumberSix 11-12-2012 06:36 PM

You think thiss niqqa Phil is gonna join the clippers? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!

I<3NBA 11-12-2012 07:00 PM

lol

Levity 11-12-2012 07:01 PM

putting aside the question of would phil jackson even want to coach the clippers, would donald sterling be willing to pay/give phil jackson what he wants?

Mr. Incredible 11-12-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonislegend
You think Phil Jackson would accept a job with that flawed roster?

:wtf:

Clippersfan86 11-12-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Funny. Jackson was seen having lunch with Sterling today. But he would not be a good fit for the Clippers. They should hire Mike Brown as an assistant.

Thought they didnt get along. Where did you hear that? That actually might be significant. My top reason for this not happening was their dislike for each other but mabe that won't be an issue. I still say Sloan or SVG.