Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So, Is this Nash's Team Now? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281296)

IGOTGAME 11-12-2012 06:08 PM

So, Is this Nash's Team Now?

he is NOW the most important player on the team and the MVP of the Lakers due to this new offense. Lets go see if Howard and Kobe and Pau are enough.

CTulc 11-12-2012 06:11 PM

Re: So, Is this Nash's Team Now?

One could say it's Kobe's team while Nash is the most important player and Dwight is their best player.

crisoner 11-12-2012 06:11 PM

I think so...Him and Howard.

NumberSix 11-12-2012 06:12 PM

It's Jim Buss' team. Players are employees.

IGOTGAME 11-12-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisoner
I think so...Him and Howard.

Kobe is like the 4th option now. This should be interesting.

TheeBeast 11-12-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

You're an idiot if you think we're putting the Pheonix Suns system and trying to match roles. D'antoni's offense is going to have to change to a point where it will apply to our current players, not the other way around.

Kobe is always gonna be his own offensive system. Gasol ain't gonna be any less important and Nash will have 6-9 assists per game.

Whoah10115 11-12-2012 06:35 PM

Kobe is the 4th option...

Nice.

Rysio 11-12-2012 06:38 PM

3x mvp :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

IGOTGAME 11-12-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheeBeast
You're an idiot if you think we're putting the Pheonix Suns system and trying to match roles. D'antoni's offense is going to have to change to a point where it will apply to our current players, not the other way around.

Kobe is always gonna be his own offensive system. Gasol ain't gonna be any less important and Nash will have 6-9 assists per game.

your an idiot if you think he knows another way to coach. That is all he can do, there is plan b. We saw this already in new York.

BuffaloBill 11-12-2012 06:41 PM

It's America's team

swi7ch 11-12-2012 06:50 PM

It's not that he's the most importnat, it's just that the Lakers signed him to help them win a championship. And he's not going to do that if the Princeton and Triangle are going to restrict him as a playmaker.

It's like trading for Shaq and asking him to be a spot-up shooter. I mean, seriously, WTF? Shaq is a low post player. Don't change what he is. Kind of like how Nash is a pick and roll player. Nash plays one way the moment he picked up a basketball. And that's fast-paced, uptempo, and pick and roll. Any other offense and you might as well not have signed him.

He's not the most important piece, just the most complicated of the new Lakers.

RRR3 11-12-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
It's America's team

lolwut

poido123 11-12-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Which is exactly where it will **** up LOL No way kobe will accept that, Kobe needs to understand he is 34 years old, in a team that is run by an offense not catered to him. It will be interesting to see if even the diehard Kobe fans turn on him, if Lakers are losing because Kobe wants chuck and ballhog.

Ass Dan 11-12-2012 07:00 PM

Love how fools think coaches are completely rigid and unable to alter their styles to fit their team.

You guys make me sick, SICK I tells ya!

Did D'Antoni force the Olympic team to play his Phoenix brand of ball?

Kobe is the leader of this team, Dwight is the best player, Nash is the point guard and Pau is the reliable vet.

PG will have some leadership duties because of the nature of the position, but c'mon kids, its Mamba's team and I am sure D'Antoni will figure out a way to use the best player of his era.

IGOTGAME 11-12-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poido123
Which is exactly where it will **** up LOL No way kobe will accept that, Kobe needs to understand he is 34 years old, in a team that is run by an offense not catered to him. It will be interesting to see if even the diehard Kobe fans turn on him, if Lakers are losing because Kobe wants chuck and ballhog.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the Lakers way of trying to get rid of Kobe.