Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281298)

Yao Ming's Foot 11-12-2012 06:19 PM

How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
:confusedshrug:

IGOTGAME 11-12-2012 06:20 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
in this system he is just raja bell. It won't change much. Kobe will shot a bad percentage because Nash will just feed him for bailout shots.

RRR3 11-12-2012 06:22 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 

SpecialQue 11-12-2012 06:23 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Depends on how well he plays, same as if Phil were coaching.

poido123 11-12-2012 06:30 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
No matter what the system, you can guarantee that kobe will be getting his. Even in D'Antoni system that will focus alot of direction through the point guard Steve Nash, I can see problems where Kobe will want to be involved alot more than just a spot up shooter. This will only work if Kobe is prepared to sit back and let the ball come to him, whether he accepts that I really dont know. :confusedshrug:

NumberSix 11-12-2012 06:33 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
The real question is, how does carrying old players in an "unwinnable" system change D12's legacy?

I<3NBA 11-12-2012 06:38 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
with an unwinnable roster to boot

Rubio2Gasol 11-12-2012 06:39 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumberSix
The real question is, how does carrying old players in an "unwinnable" system change D12's legacy?


Needs to play defense before he starts thinking about legacy and such.

RRR3 11-12-2012 06:40 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Needs to play defense before he starts thinking about legacy and such.

Dwight is already sick of bailing out the Lakers perimeter players on defense.

TheMarkMadsen 11-12-2012 06:40 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
in this system he is just raja bell. It won't change much. Kobe will shot a bad percentage because Nash will just feed him for bailout shots.



:facepalm

Kobe was still a top 5 player in his 16th season.. I think the guy will be able to adjust to whatever is thrown at him.

TheMarkMadsen 11-12-2012 06:42 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumberSix
The real question is, how does carrying old players in an "unwinnable" system change D12's legacy?



The real question is, why do you constantly post in Laker related topics just to troll?

Answer: ATTENTION WHORE.

poido123 11-12-2012 06:52 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
:facepalm

Kobe was still a top 5 player in his 16th season.. I think the guy will be able to adjust to whatever is thrown at him.


Hmm, it won't be easy for Kobe to adjust. First, he has to let Nash be in full control of the offense. Second of all, Kobe will need to accept that he will be mainly used as a jump shooter, and not the go to guy on offense. And thirdly, this offense will focus alot of plays on the P'n'R, which means that Kobe will have to accept that both Howard and Gasol will be a focal point of Nash's passes.

Rysio 11-12-2012 06:57 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by poido123
Hmm, it won't be easy for Kobe to adjust. First, he has to let Nash be in full control of the offense. Second of all, Kobe will need to accept that he will be mainly used as a jump shooter, and not the go to guy on offense. And thirdly, this offense will focus alot of plays on the P'n'R, which means that Kobe will have to accept that both Howard and Gasol will be a focal point of Nash's passes.

if thats how the offense will look might as well trade kobe for a better shooter.

ray allen for kobe. :applause:

TheeBeast 11-12-2012 07:00 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
in this system he is just raja bell. It won't change much. Kobe will shot a bad percentage because Nash will just feed him for bailout shots.


In what world could you think our current players, such as a top 5 player (Kobe Bryant) would change their roles to a past team's starting 5 inferior to theirs, never won more than two games in the 3 Western Conference Finals they went to (in 7 years) and Don't even have the same kind of Steve Nash any more?

poido123 11-12-2012 07:04 PM

Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rysio
if thats how the offense will look might as well trade kobe for a better shooter.

ray allen for kobe. :applause:


First of all, Kobe is not getting traded.

To cut it short, he is the franchise player, and brings in a ton of revenue and has the authority to do or ask for almost anything he pleases.

Kobe has to take a backseat. That's how i see it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy