Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If the Clippers are top 3 in the West (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281310)

SpecialQue 11-12-2012 07:32 PM

If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
How realistic is this:

CP3: MVP
DJ: MIP
Crawford: Sixth Man of the Year

?

LAClipsFan33 11-12-2012 07:32 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
Very Possible

Whoah10115 11-12-2012 07:36 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
They probably will be top 3 in the West.


I'm having a hard time seeing another than Crawford winning 6MOTY.


Jordan is possible as MIP, as is Chris Paul. I think I picked Paul as my preseason MVP. So we'll see. Kobe has been terrific tho.

SpecialQue 11-12-2012 07:40 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoah10115
They probably will be top 3 in the West.


I'm having a hard time seeing another than Crawford winning 6MOTY.


Jordan is possible as MIP, as is Chris Paul. I think I picked Paul as my preseason MVP. So we'll see. Kobe has been terrific tho.


Exactly why I posted this, as crazy as it seems. I mean, DJ seems to be making the leap, Crawford pretty much has Sixth Man on lock, and if CP3 can transform the Clippers this much, how the fvck does he not get MVP?

Clippersfan86 11-12-2012 07:42 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
How realistic is this:

CP3: MVP
DJ: MIP
Crawford: Sixth Man of the Year

?


Very realistic IF as you said Clippers are a top 3 seed and look like a legit title contender.

DuMa 11-12-2012 07:42 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
You forgot....
Vinny - COY.

ok ok ok might be overachieving a bit lol

ZeN 11-12-2012 07:45 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
the only real possibility is 6th man award for Crawford.. and hes likely to deserve it, if his play remains consistent.

CP3 has too much competition and DeAndre will likely not improve longevity-wise enough to win it.. likely due to being overshadowed by a players' whos play improved glaringly in comparison.

SyRyanYang 11-12-2012 07:47 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
DJ and Crawford would probably win it regardless if they can keep it up.
I'm not so sure about CP3 though

AK47DR91 11-12-2012 07:52 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
CP3: MVP Clips will have to finish #1 or #2
DJ: MIP (maybe)
Crawford: Sixth Man of the Year (heavy favorite)

The last to win an MVP on a #3 seed team was 1987-88 Michael Jordan.

Clippersfan86 11-12-2012 07:53 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47DR91
CP3: MVP Clips will have to finish #1 or #2
DJ: MIP (maybe)
Crawford: Sixth Man of the Year (heavy favorite)

The last to win an MVP on a #3 seed team was 1987-88 Michael Jordan.


Oh wow I didn't know that. Then yea maybe Clippers need 1-2 seed. If they get number 1 he's a lock for MVP and if they get 2.... he has a good chance.

Suckafree 11-12-2012 07:56 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
Chris Paul would have to really turn it up to get that MVP.

Although, so far this season Lebron looks to be really coasting so it's not so crazy that it can't happen

hawksdogsbraves 11-12-2012 07:58 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
I don't think CP3 has the gas to ramp his numbers up to the 20/10 that he needs for MVP. If he put up the 22/11 he did a few years ago and they were top 3 in the West then sure, but I think he doesn't have it in the tank. He only rises to that level late in games it seems these days.

Clippersfan86 11-12-2012 08:00 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
I don't think CP3 has the gas to ramp his numbers up to the 20/10 that he needs for MVP. If he put up the 22/11 he did a few years ago and they were top 3 in the West then sure, but I think he doesn't have it in the tank. He only rises to that level late in games it seems these days.


He put up 20/9/3/2.5 last year.... Nash won MVP with what 16 and 12 and no D? So far this year CP3 is putting up 19/11/4/2 on only 13 shots a game.

senelcoolidge 11-12-2012 09:34 PM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
Don't forget Griffin is playing like the defensive player of the year..or a 1st teamer at least.

qrich 11-13-2012 01:19 AM

Re: If the Clippers are top 3 in the West
 
Jamal is in the lead for 6th man of the year, but only 1.9 boards/1.1 assists isn't going to help him continue since I don't expect him to average 20+ ppg on good %s.

Jordan needs to make a jump on his rebounds. Only 4 more points with less rebounds isn't going to help his cause.

Paul has too much competition.

If Clips finish top 3, Craw for 6th man and Sacks for Executive of the Year are the most likely, maybe (hopefully not) Vinny for CoY.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy