Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tonight's game vs. Jazz (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281313)

lilbeastnani 11-12-2012 08:13 PM

Tonight's game vs. Jazz

Offensive shootout of course, no defense. Kleiza is turning back the clock and giving a throwback performance. 17 points in the 2nd quarter. This game is highly entertaining.

lilbeastnani 11-12-2012 09:29 PM

Re: Tonight's game vs. Jazz

Al Jefferson is a Raptor killer. Game tying 3 to send it to overtime.

Chamberlain 11-12-2012 09:39 PM

Not lookin' good for the Raptors right now.

This is the Linas Kleiza I thought we were getting when we signed him. I was pretty excited that we got him at the time, thought he'd be one of our better players. Not holding my breath for too many performances like this, but if he can carry this into being a solid rotational player, I'll be pleased.

lilbeastnani 11-12-2012 09:45 PM

DDEEEEMARRR with the play of his career holy f*cking shit what a clutch ass dunk!!!

lilbeastnani 11-12-2012 09:50 PM

Haha, I have no problem with giving it to the hot hand for the final shot but damn.... Keep it simple!! He started thinking he was Kobe for a second that's the kind of shot Kobe would take. All he needs to do in that situation is what Rudy Gay does at the end of the game. Find a sweet spot dribble over there and fade. Make or miss it's a shot that's pretty easy i'd think if you practice it a lot.

neilio23 11-12-2012 09:59 PM

Bargs offensive repertoire at this point consists of...
1) Step back three pointer
2) Step back long two pointer
3) Duck head, and drive to the basket for a reverse layup

This is painful.

lilbeastnani 11-12-2012 10:07 PM

Game of the year, come on triple OT!

Chamberlain 11-12-2012 10:07 PM

This is pretty exciting. I spoke way too soon :oldlol:

lilbeastnani 11-12-2012 10:16 PM

Clearly we ran out of gas. So pissed that we gave this game away.

Zan Tabak 11-12-2012 10:19 PM

Raptors have had allll kinds of bad luck this year. Al Jeff ties it with a 3?...seriously? This team can't catch a break! :facepalm

lilbeastnani 11-12-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Raptors have had allll kinds of bad luck this year. Al Jeff ties it with a 3?...seriously? This team can't catch a break! :facepalm

That was unreal. I've seen Millsap hit 3's before but Al Jefferson? :biggums: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Chamberlain 11-12-2012 10:27 PM

Jazz just had too many weapons, while he relied on DeRozan's hot hand. He ended up forcing things a bit too much.

Tomorrow night gets even tougher now.

hassano 11-12-2012 10:30 PM

anyone else feel we were hard done by the refs tonight, the free throw differential was massive and you can't say the raps weren't aggressive

Chamberlain 11-12-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hassano
anyone else feel we were hard done by the refs tonight, the free throw differential was massive and you can't say the raps weren't aggressive

Absolutely not. The Jazz have a way stronger post presence and that is crucial to getting to the line.

Not to single you out hassano, because I haven't seen you make this complaint before, but I've heard/seen this complaint from somebody every game.

lilbeastnani 11-12-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Absolutely not. The Jazz have a way stronger post presence and that is crucial to getting to the line.

Not to single you out hassano, because I haven't seen you make this complaint before, but I've heard/seen this complaint from somebody every game.

Yeah I disagree as well. I don't think we lost due to not getting enough calls. We just only really have 2 guys that are capable of drawing a lot of fouls, 3 when Lowry gets back. What I do think though is that Demar loses out on a lot of "respect" calls. I guess on one hand it's good because it causes him to play angry and with a chip on his shoulders but on the other hand he's the guy who wants to draw fouls tries to draw fouls but most of the time doesn't get the calls.

One other observation, Val picks up his 4th foul early in the 3rd quarter and doesn't play another minute. Not in the 4th, and not in ANY of the overtimes. Why would he get nailed to the bench in a game like this? I'd rather have seen him play and foul out if anything.