Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pistons: It's so Cold in the D (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281351)

Mavsman22 11-13-2012 02:44 AM

Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
The Detroit Pistons are shaping up to be the wrong type of catalyst this season. The only team that they aren't providing momentum for is themselves.

http://6thmanblog.com/2012/prose-ran...-cold-in-the-d

InspiredLebowski 11-13-2012 03:01 AM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
Be nice to get Prince to Indy to cover for Granger until he's back then become a super sub type, but that contract kind of stinks, for Indy anyway with George's extension coming up.

Re-signing him never made any sense for them, be shocked if he doesn't get dealt.

Mavsman22 11-13-2012 03:09 AM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
That's a good point. I think he'd fit well with the Knicks also.

Kiddlovesnets 11-13-2012 03:16 AM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
Nets can use him too, the SF position is a big problem for us. Gerald Wallace does not have a proper backup.

dbugz 11-13-2012 03:39 AM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
How's Prince still in Detroit? Dude's wasting his talent there. He's overrated in my book but still could have help other contending teams.

C'mon Prince, That team is in the rebuilding mode now and your talent and veteran leadership aint needed there anymore. :facepalm

KG215 11-13-2012 04:23 AM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
Doesn't he still have two more years on his contract after this season at like $7M or $8M per? Still don't really understand why they extended him to a four year deal at that price when they were clearly heading into a transition/rebuilding mode. Gonna be hard to find a team willing to take on his contract but he could help a contender off the bench.

InspiredLebowski 11-13-2012 04:30 AM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
Doesn't he still have two more years on his contract after this season at like $7M or $8M per? Still don't really understand why they extended him to a four year deal at that price when they were clearly heading into a transition/rebuilding mode. Gonna be hard to find a team willing to take on his contract but he could help a contender off the bench.

Two years after this one at 7.2 and 7.7. The money's not bad, that's fair compensation, it was just always retarded for Detroit to keep him. The length gives me pause way more than the money, if he expired next year instead of 13/14 I'd be sending Keving Pritchard tweets daily to get him.

Phantom_Blue 11-13-2012 04:34 AM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
Can a pistons fan clue us in on what exactly Dumars is trying to build there lol. I would think Knight,Drummond,Monroe is the core? That championship team he built couldn't have been a fluke, yet alot of his decisions have head-scratchers since then.

Rake2204 11-13-2012 08:58 AM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
Can a pistons fan clue us in on what exactly Dumars is trying to build there lol. I would think Knight,Drummond,Monroe is the core? That championship team he built couldn't have been a fluke, yet alot of his decisions have head-scratchers since then.

He's building from the ground up. I just mentioned this in another thread, but he wasn't able to truly begin the rebuilding process until new ownership was secured last year. Prior to that, the Pistons were more or less unable to make roster moves for a solid season or two.

From here, I think it's a process of drafting another solid player, attempting to find a deal that makes sense for the franchise (sending a mix of Prince, Stuckey, Villanueva, and Maggette out for someone who can help the team moving forward) and otherwise trying to get out from beneath the rest of their bad contracts (mostly belonging to the aforementioned list of players, though Prince isn't really making a ton).

Mavsman22 11-13-2012 01:08 PM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
I think Joes Dumars wanted to keep a piece of the 00 championship days in order to install some of that culture into the new team. Tayshaun has been in the trenches with Chauncey, Big Ben, and those guys and he knows what it takes to win. I think he just wanted like a constant around a bunch of young variables in order to give them a model by which to follow.

It hasn't exactly worked out that way, haha

Droid101 11-13-2012 01:12 PM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
I, personally, love it.

Yes, I'm still bitter about 2004, why do you ask?

leijamoosa 11-13-2012 01:13 PM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktLRiWXfqg
:lol

Bandito 11-13-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbugz
How's Prince still in Detroit? Dude's wasting his talent there. He's overrated in my book but still could have help other contending teams.

C'mon Prince, That team is in the rebuilding mode now and your talent and veteran leadership aint needed there anymore. :facepalm

$$$$$$$$:wtf:

Rubio2Gasol 11-13-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
At least they have Monroe and Drummond.

Whoah10115 11-13-2012 02:07 PM

Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D
 
He'd be great on the Lakers. And he's from LA. I thought, for sure, he would have ended up in LA.


Maybe Dumars wants him to retire a Piston. Nothing wrong that, if that's the case.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy