Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hornets trade Hakim Warrick to Bobcats for Matt Carroll (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281391)

insidehoops 11-13-2012 05:22 PM

Hornets trade Hakim Warrick to Bobcats for Matt Carroll

Charlotte Bobcats President of Basketball Operations Rod Higgins announced today that the team has acquired forward Hakim Warrick from the New Orleans Hornets in exchange for guard Matt Carroll.

“We are very excited to add a player of Hakim’s ability and overall NBA experience,” said Higgins. “His athleticism allows him to play multiple positions, which will make for a smooth transition into our current roster and style of play under Coach Mike Dunlap.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11444#ixzz2C8kQTLkC

xfactor99 11-13-2012 05:32 PM

Re: Hornets trade Hakim Warrick to Bobcats for Matt Carroll

I've been waiting for Hakim Warrick to get on a horrible team and put up 20/7 for like 10 years. Is this his chance??

Rake2204 11-13-2012 05:39 PM

Props to Matt Carroll for carving out a 9-year NBA career. For me, he's one of those guys I often assume is out of the league but eventually read about still being a part of a roster. Sort of like a modern day Mitchell Butler.

For me, he's lived close to the perfect career. He's relatively anonymous, experienced some level of success (three years of averaging 9 or more points per game, peaking at 12.1) and, drum roll please....

He's made $26 million dollars over the course of his playing career. He's a guy that will never have to worry about being in the spotlight, being followed by paparazzi, or noticed at the grocery store, yet he was able to live the NBA dream and pocket 26 mil. Not bad.

bagelred 11-13-2012 05:42 PM

Championship

rufuspaul 11-13-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
Championship

:lol

We traded someone who rides the pine for someone that can come off the bench and contribute. Great trade.

ihatetimthomas 11-13-2012 05:49 PM

Probably the biggest "who gives a ****" trade of the season

RRR3 11-13-2012 05:51 PM

Power shift.

Kurosawa0 11-13-2012 05:51 PM

This has to be a case of two bored GMs.

IGotACoolStory 11-13-2012 05:52 PM

Shit just got real.

ihatetimthomas 11-13-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204
Props to Matt Carroll for carving out a 9-year NBA career. For me, he's one of those guys I often assume is out of the league but eventually read about still being a part of a roster. Sort of like a modern day Mitchell Butler.

For me, he's lived close to the perfect career. He's relatively anonymous, experienced some level of success (three years of averaging 9 or more points per game, peaking at 12.1) and, drum roll please....

He's made $26 million dollars over the course of his playing career. He's a guy that will never have to worry about being in the spotlight, being followed by paparazzi, or noticed at the grocery store, yet he was able to live the NBA dream and pocket 26 mil. Not bad.

He probably would have been out of the league if he had not been given a ridiculous contract of 27 mil for 6 years. He is one of those guys who got lucky in the right place at the right time. Played decent for a bad team for a couple of years and got overpaid.

KG215 11-13-2012 05:56 PM

I'm sure someone, somewhere cares, and they're all probably related to Hakim Warrick and Matt Carroll.

hawkfan 11-13-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
:lol

We traded someone who rides the pine for someone that can come off the bench and contribute. Great trade.

Definite upgrade in talent.
But is it good for the team long term, since this will help the Bobcats win more games and lower their chances of getting the top draft in next year's draft.

jbot 11-13-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
I'm sure someone, somewhere cares, and they're all probably related to Hakim Warrick and Matt Carroll.

yep...their parents.

alwaysunny 11-13-2012 05:59 PM

Last time I noticed Matt Carroll was when he decided to rock a headband and Jeff Van Gundy totally clowned him on national television.

Haymaker 11-13-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
This has to be a case of two bored GMs.

:roll: