Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will there be World War 3 now? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281600)

Celtics4ever 11-15-2012 06:00 PM

Will there be World War 3 now?

Israeli and Palestine battle is heating up. Both sides are equally stubborn. We all know America is going to step in soon to support Israel.

We are not even out of the recession yet, can we really afford another war now?

F*ck all middle eastern countries including Israel. I hope America minds it's own business this time.

kaiteng 11-15-2012 06:04 PM

Re: Will there be World War 3 now?

I would just let two angry douches slapping each others' faces. :ohwell:

Faptastrophe 11-15-2012 06:04 PM

The US would declare neutrality.
-written by M Night Shyamalan

rufuspaul 11-15-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiteng
I would just let two angry douches slapping each others' faces. :ohwell:

That's exactly what will happen. Again and again.

fiddy 11-15-2012 06:06 PM

I read a book by german conspiracy theorist that predicted a religious war and anarchy.

Godzuki 11-15-2012 06:08 PM

realistically what can Palestine do? there is no side to even make it a war vs us unless China and Russia take their side which they won't.

n00bie 11-15-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
Israeli and Palestine battle is heating up. Both sides are equally stubborn. We all know America is going to step in soon to support Israel.

F*ck all middle eastern countries including Israel. I hope America minds it's own business this time.

Won't be World War 3, because it won't be a world war. It'll just be Israel & U.S. pounding Palestine.

Faptastrophe 11-15-2012 06:10 PM

Inform yourself about conflicts in the Middle East of the past 50 years. WW3 could have started anytime then...

Middle East =/= World smh

-p.tiddy- 11-15-2012 06:13 PM

bmulls 11-15-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
Inform yourself about conflicts in the Middle East of the past 50 years. WW3 could have started anytime then...

Middle East =/= World smh

An Israel/Iran war could bring in the US and the UN on the side of Israel and Russia/the other middle eastern countries that hate Israel (95% of them) on the side of Iran.

GreatGreg 11-15-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtics4ever

We've been out of the recession for over two years now.

Recession does not mean "weak economy". Recession means the economy is receding, which it is not.

niko 11-15-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmulls
An Israel/Iran war could bring in the US and the UN on the side of Israel and Russia/the other middle eastern countries that hate Israel (95% of them) on the side of Iran.

Russia would not get involved in an active shooting war to protect Iran. What do you see that would make them do that? Russia and China don't want to fight the US in a war, they make shitloads of money from us, wars are expensive. They are far smarter than us, they don't get involved in costly wars for their proxies.

Celtics4ever 11-15-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

The US has already taken over half the middle eastern countries. Sadam and Osama were killed. There is no one left to support Iran. Kinda funny how that happened. Almost like it was part of the plan. Anyways, I dont care about either side, but I just dont want the US to waste more money.

Faptastrophe 11-15-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

First of all, World War would be hard to define. It would require a massive amount of global participation.
Second, WW2 happened because Germany and Hitler actually had the manpower and the resolve to take over the fucking world. There isn't a country like that now.
Third, let's say a rogue state like North Korea or Iran actually nukes their respective rivals (South Korea and Israel). If that happened, they would be squashed immediately. Hence, nuclear warfare, but not a World War, per se.
Fourth, let's say someone actually has the brass cajones and know-how to slip a nuke over International Waters and detonates it somewhere in the US. Again, they would be destroyed pretty fucking quickly but it wuldn't degenerate into a nuclear war.
As far as I can tell, there are only a few possible scenarios that would bring about WW3. One is if the US and Russia somehow engage in a hot war. This, however, is extremely unlikely. Being that they are the two superpowers (China isn't...yet) they understand that with great power, comes great responsibility.
Another scenario that is WAY outta left field but I suppose is still technically possible is if North Korea and Iran and any other little rogue nations decide to fuck it all and bomb the shit out of everyone around them.
But anyway, excluding anything wildy unpredictable, I don't think a World War will ever happen again. There will always be small wars and cold wars, yes, but not an all-out global nuclear massacre.
Just my 2 cents.

Godzuki 11-15-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

a lot of the middle east have their own issues with each other tho, the likelihood of them uniting is highly unlikely. let alone uniting to fight us since we're on pretty good terms with almost half of them. and a lot of them have issues with Iran as well...