Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Far Do You See the Nets Going In The Playoffs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281652)

SilkkTheShocker 11-16-2012 09:42 AM

How Far Do You See the Nets Going In The Playoffs

They are kind of going under the radar because of the Knicks success, but I think they have a nice squad.

UK-NJ 11-16-2012 09:46 AM

Re: How Far Do You See the Nets Going In The Playoffs

I have us pegged as a second round exit if we're lucky. I don't think our team is well built for the rigours of playoff ball. Time will tell.

niko 11-16-2012 09:49 AM

They are a team built to score a lot and their interior defense is weak, although they rebound well which helps a bit. Seems 2nd rd if they can avoid a bad matchup.

Sarcastic 11-16-2012 09:52 AM

Barkley said they will have a better record than the Knicks, plus most experts picked them ahead of the Knicks as well. I don't think they are under any radars. They should be a top 2 seed, or 3 seed at worst.

Jasper 11-16-2012 09:57 AM

one and done unless they play the Knicks :D

SilkkTheShocker 11-16-2012 09:57 AM

Yea, the interior defense of the team is pretty bad it seems. Varejao has been balling this season, but they made him look like Shaq. 2nd round seems likely, or at least expected with that roster/teal salary. Im probably in the minority, but I think they could take Boston out in a series.

niko 11-16-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Yea, the interior defense of the team is pretty bad it seems. Varejao has been balling this season, but they made him look like Shaq. 2nd round seems likely, or at least expected with that roster/teal salary. Im probably in the minority, but I think they could take Boston out in a series.

I don't see that, i feel like Boston would score too easily. Not implying it would be a blowout but i think down the stretch Boston would get what they wanted too easily.

SilkkTheShocker 11-16-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
one and done unless they play the Knicks :D

They would really have to underachieve in the regular season to play a team that would take them out in the 1st round. The east is pretty top heavy, unlike the west, where I don't see a clear favorite at all.

ChuckOakley 11-16-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
I don't see that, i feel like Boston would score too easily.

Rondo would be the one to exploit them. People don't get it, but their perimeter D is as bad as their interior D and is what allows them to get exploited on the inside. D.Will has been a sieve since he's been here.

ChuckOakley 11-16-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker

And yet AV couldn't stop them as the Nets front line outscored, out rebounded and out blocked the Cavs on MUCH better shooting percentages.. but the reason for AV's game was again Irving's penetration on D.Will.

ChuckOakley 11-16-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Barkley said they will have a better record than the Knicks, plus most experts picked them ahead of the Knicks as well. I don't think they are under any radars. They should be a top 2 seed, or 3 seed at worst.

Most? I missed that then. Most I saw had us in the 5-6 range behind NY and Philly.

SilkkTheShocker 11-16-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
I don't see that, i feel like Boston would score too easily.

Maybe. I just feel Boston is overrated more than anything. I really like their chances.

niko 11-16-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Rondo would be the one to exploit them. People don't get it, but their perimeter D is as bad as their interior D and is what allows them to get exploited on the inside. D.Will has been a sieve since he's been here.

I've been saying since Day 1 i don't like his effort on defense. I've always been told to wait till this year but it still seems sporadic at best.

Kiddlovesnets 11-16-2012 10:09 AM

It really depends on the match-ups, the Jazz made it to WCF in 2007 and Thunder did it in 2011 for the same reason. The Mavs in 2007 and Spurs in 2011 lost in first round.

But to think about it, the top 4 teams in Eastern Conference may have three teams from the Atlantic division. One of them will have to be a fifth seed, although good chance with HCA in first round.
:lol

poido123 11-16-2012 10:10 AM

not far. that Johnson is a ball stopper, and they look a bit mechanical on offense. They might look different when wallace gets back, who knows.