Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TMac makes debut in Chinese League (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281667)

Levity 11-16-2012 02:10 PM

TMac makes debut in Chinese League

"Tracy McGrady, who signed a one-year deal with the CBAs Qingdao Double Star Eagles this offseason, made his exhibition debut today against a team comprised of players from the NBL (National Basketball League, Australia) and the NCAA. McGrady scored 17 points, grabbed 8 rebounds, and dished 6 assists in 29 minutes"

http://nba247365.com/?p=8391

Theres a video of a nice little mcgrady dunk in the link. Didnt want to try another failed attempt at embedding it :cheers:

pnyozzzoo 11-16-2012 02:15 PM

Re: TMac makes debut in Chinese League

He looks alot more in shape then when he just got there.

therammingman 11-16-2012 03:15 PM

that looked like a mj dunk from dunk contest.

and ya, dude lost a ton of weight

HardwoodLegend 11-16-2012 03:21 PM

If Yao Ming were standing in the paint, he would have gotten Shawn Bradley'd.

That was an almost identical drive to the hoop.

ukballer 11-16-2012 06:59 PM

He looks in better shape now than he ever did during his time in Detroit and Atlanta.

Fudge 11-16-2012 07:06 PM

Do work there T-Mac. :applause: Then you can come back to the NBA after the year is up.

RRR3 11-16-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudge
Do work there T-Mac. :applause: Then you can come back to the NBA after the year is up.

And win a ring hopefully :applause: RG would be furious!

SourPatchKids 11-16-2012 08:08 PM

Qingdao is a nice city and I dig the cuisine there. Should suit a foreigner pretty smoothly.

noob cake 11-16-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Qingdao is a nice city and I dig the cuisine there. Should suit a foreigner pretty smoothly.

For those who don't know,

Qingdao is rustic city in the developed part of China. Its name 青岛 translate into "Azure Island" It is an extremely nice and modern coastal town to live in without having to deal with the massive industrial pollution found in other cities.

Bandito 11-16-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob cake
For those who don't know,

Qingdao is rustic city in the developed part of China. Its name 青岛 translate into "Azure Island" It is an extremely nice and modern coastal town to live in without having to deal with the massive industrial pollution found in other cities.

Sounds like my town:lol. Except for townie like me I hate living like that because there is nothing to do most of the time.

B-Easy8 11-16-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levity
"Tracy McGrady, who signed a one-year deal with the CBAs Qingdao Double Star Eagles this offseason, made his exhibition debut today against a team comprised of players from the NBL (National Basketball League, Australia) and the NCAA. McGrady scored 17 points, grabbed 8 rebounds, and dished 6 assists in 29 minutes"

http://nba247365.com/?p=8391

Theres a video of a nice little mcgrady dunk in the link. Didnt want to try another failed attempt at embedding it :cheers:

The NBL season is on at the moment so no NBL players are playing in China.

Sharmer 11-16-2012 11:20 PM

That dunk was explosive, looks like T mac is physically getting stronger ,probably because hes spending a lot more time on the court rather on then on the bench.

AngelEyes 11-21-2012 03:05 AM

I will always find it sad that McGrady's career had come to this so soon. 10 years ago I could have never imagined that he'd be in this situation. Regardless, it's good to see him anywhere playing ball.

Edwin 11-21-2012 04:48 AM

McGrady was one of my favorites so I'm glad he's getting some playing time in the CBA. I hope he gets brought back to the NBA and is on a team that could be a possible contender for the championship and finally gets a ring before retiring.

andremiller07 11-21-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Easy8
The NBL season is on at the moment so no NBL players are playing in China.

+ if there were nbl players in there it would be FORMER nbl players since the NBL craps all over the Chinese leauge