Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Steelers Sign Plaxico Burress (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282010)

irondarts 11-20-2012 01:38 PM

Steelers Sign Plaxico Burress

After working him out today, the Steelers are going to sign Plax.

link

Sarcastic 11-20-2012 01:49 PM

Re: Steelers Sign Plaxico Burress

Can he play quarterback?

QUIZZLE 11-20-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Can he play quarterback?

Charlie Batch can fill in. He has done it before.. I have no idea why Leftwich got the start against Baltimore and more confusingly, why Tomlin continued to let him play after so many under thrown balls.

Pittsburgh needed a receiver. We can't depend on Mike Wallace; the dude drops so many key passes. Antonio Brown has nagging injuries and is questionable for the Browns game. Cotchery just broke some ribs.

Love this move. :applause:

UtahJazzFan88 11-20-2012 02:14 PM

Wasn't Batch decent a year or two ago when he filled in for Ben?

Sarcastic 11-20-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Charlie Batch can fill in. He has done it before.. I have no idea why Leftwich got the start against Baltimore and more confusingly, why Tomlin continued to let him play after so many under thrown balls.

Pittsburgh needed a receiver. We can't depend on Mike Wallace; the dude drops so many key passes. Antonio Brown has nagging injuries and is questionable for the Browns game. Cotchery just broke some ribs.

Love this move. :applause:

Who will be Batch's backup? Kordell Stewart?

scott0326 11-20-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Who will be Batch's backup? Kordell Stewart?

Brian Hoyer

Jailblazers7 11-20-2012 04:40 PM

Meh, probably too little too late. We will be faced with shoddy QB play without Ben regardless of who is under center and Plax will take time to readjust to game speed, especially considering his age. Since it is already week 12 I doubt we see him make much, if any, impact.

Real Men Wear Green 11-20-2012 05:10 PM

Wasn't Plax the guy that spiked a first down pass from Kordell Stewart that got counted as a fumble?

Tarik One 11-20-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Wasn't Batch decent a year or two ago when he filled in for Ben?

A QB in his late 30s can quickly erode in two years.

Batch has probably been stinking it up in practice.

Remix 11-20-2012 05:59 PM

Plax caught 45 passes last year for 600 yards and 8 TDs last year. He's still got game, he made Sanchez not look like a total scrub last year. I'm surprised no one picked him up this offseason. I remember watching an interview with him earlier this year and he said the Jets didn't even talk to him about resigning in the offseason? He can still catch some balls. Big and physical.

FreezingTsmoove 11-21-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remix
Plax caught 45 passes last year for 600 yards and 8 TDs last year. He's still got game, he made Sanchez not look like a total scrub last year. I'm surprised no one picked him up this offseason. I remember watching an interview with him earlier this year and he said the Jets didn't even talk to him about resigning in the offseason? He can still catch some balls. Big and physical.

This is the most asinine uneducated statement I have ever heard. Even without Plax the Sanchize would still have 24 tds. Any real Jets fan can and will telll you that Plax is a total scrub now who cannot get any seperation whatsoever anymore. He was a liability on the field it was basically playing with 1 WR all the time. Inside the redzone he helped massively but whats the use if he cant help us GET THERE in the first place. Stop it

JMT 11-21-2012 09:11 PM

He could be just the shot in the leg that the Steelers need.

Tarik One 11-22-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
This is the most asinine uneducated statement I have ever heard. Even without Plax the Sanchize would still have 24 tds. Any real Jets fan can and will telll you that Plax is a total scrub now who cannot get any seperation whatsoever anymore. He was a liability on the field it was basically playing with 1 WR all the time. Inside the redzone he helped massively but whats the use if he cant help us GET THERE in the first place. Stop it

Talk about asinine. :rolleyes:

Eric Cartman 11-22-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Wasn't Plax the guy that spiked a first down pass from Kordell Stewart that got counted as a fumble?

Yes.

QUIZZLE 11-22-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove

I take it you didn't see his workout video. He doesn't even look the same. He will produce and Ben (when he gets back) will be just a slight upgrade over Sanchez for him, don't you think?