Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Calvin Johnson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282026)

AngelEyes 11-20-2012 05:32 PM

Calvin Johnson

Calvin Johnson at the NFL combine was measured at 6'5" 239 lbs, had a 42 1/2 inch vertical and ran the 40 yd dash in 4.35 seconds.

How do you think megatron stacks up against the elite nba athletes?

-p.tiddy- 11-20-2012 05:51 PM

Re: Calvin Johnson

as far as the NBA is concerned, only LeBron is more of an athletic specimen than Calvin

Howard and Blake Griffin might be close though

TheNaturalWR 11-20-2012 08:09 PM

Not sure if serious. Calvin blows EVERYBODY in the NBA out the water.

Nanners 11-20-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
as far as the NBA is concerned, only LeBron is more of an athletic specimen than Calvin

Howard and Blake Griffin might be close though

I agree but I would maybe also add westbrook to this list. he is a few inches shorter than the rest, but the guy is the definition of "athletic specimen"

Tarik One 11-21-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR

How so? Under what athletic criteria?

AngelEyes 11-21-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarik One
How so? Under what athletic criteria?

He's at least comparable to anyone. His athleticism is out of this world special.

-p.tiddy- 11-21-2012 12:50 PM

eh, Bron is 6'8" and 250...and even though we don't have a 40 time for him, we all know he is at least "fast"...there is no fat in that 250 lbs

Bron is the only one I think is for sure more of a freak...

I can't even imagine if Bron stuck with football instead of basketball and became a WR in the NFL...it would be flat out cheating.

-p.tiddy- 11-21-2012 12:53 PM

Blake Griffin is 6'10" and 250, also a complete freak in terms of agility

and Dwight Howard is 6'11" and 265...

neither of those guys likely possess the speed of Calvin but they are both in that same category of freak athlete to me...

QUIZZLE 11-21-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR

Maybe you've never heard of LeBron then.

I'm not saying I'd give the edge to Calvin but it's kind of disrespectful to say Calvin blows LeBron out of the water. LBJ chases point guards down when they're already at half court and smashes their layups off the backboard.

ZMonkey11 11-22-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

I can't even imagine if Bron stuck with football instead of basketball and became a WR in the NFL...it would be flat out cheating.

He'd be a ridiculous deep threat for sure. But something about his demeanor makes me think he would not run across the middle, even with that huge frame. He flops around so much in the NBA off nothing, I can't see him taking real licks in the NFL.

BrickingStar 11-22-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
He'd be a ridiculous deep threat for sure. But something about his demeanor makes me think he would not run across the middle, even with that huge frame. He flops around so much in the NBA off nothing, I can't see him taking real licks in the NFL.

He played football before and took hits I'm sure just cause you flop doesn't mean you can't take hits that's a baseless statement with nothing factual and lebron would of built him self more differently if he went in the NFL instead of the NBA to suit the game.

Eric Cartman 11-22-2012 10:02 PM

1a Calvin
1b Lebron

Everyone Else