Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I have a ? for whites and all other non-blacks; and I have a question for blacks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282038)

Legend of Josh 11-20-2012 09:37 PM

I have a ? for whites and all other non-blacks; and I have a question for blacks

Pure curiosity here. I'm wondering, if you're white, have you ever slipped up and called a black person a ... you know, the "N" word? Whether it was to their face, behind their back, doesn't matter. Any circumstance, just wondering if it's ever happened to you. I'm not saying it automatically makes you a racist. Maybe you were just having a terrible day, and you suddenly exploded and it just came out or whatever.

Remember Eminem and his story he told in the song Yellow Brick Road? See, he did it, and most people wouldn't say Em is racist in any way whatsoever, right? So tell us your own personal story white boy, about how you slipped up and called black boy you know what. Don't be shy, and be honest. Do it. Tell us your story.

Alright now, if you're non-white and non-black. Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Filipino (I know a lot of you guys post here), etc. - take the exact same scenario above and tell us YOUR story. Again, this isn't to create a poster impression that you're racist. It's just for you all to share your slip-up and exchange our stories among others so we can compare them and get a few good laughs out of them, and hopefully in the end we can all look back and maybe even gain something positive from this going forward.

Now lastly, if you're a black boy and you slipped up sometime, lost your cool, mental got mega i-LL for a moment or two and you just bucked-off at the mouf and called white boy cracker, honky, whitey, the common and sometimes very accurate white trash (LOL), peckerwood, etc. Again, just like the two scenarios above - this is nothing more than a thread purely for entertainment and some harmless laughs. Go.

Final disclaimer! THIS IS NOT A THREAD INTENDED TO BE RACIST OR INVOKE RACIAL ARGUMENTS - THIS THREAD IS INTENDED TO BE PURELY *POSITIVE* ENTERTAINMENT WHERE "ALL OF US" ARE GETTING ALONG AND JUST SHARING PERSONAL EXPERIENCES THAT AT THE TIME WERE WRONG BUT NOW IN 2012 WE ALL JUST GET ALONG, PERIOD.

Share share share.

:D

(PS, in the end we'll do a vote or just get an idea for who's story was the best)

longhornfan1234 11-20-2012 09:49 PM

Re: I have a ? for whites and all other non-blacks; and I have a question for blacks

Only mediocre/untalented white people and ghetto minorities use the n word.

Legend of Josh 11-20-2012 10:01 PM

Re: I have a ? for whites and all other non-blacks; and I have a question for blacks

50 views and no one with the balls to tell a simple little story. Come on, WE ALL KNOW there are countless potential entries you can post of REAL LIFE STORIES THAT ACTUALLY DID HAPPEN TO YOU ALL.

You don't have to tell us in novel mode. A few lines and just the gist is fine. Again folks, no one is going to think you're racist. It's understandable, and we'll all just kick back and get some laughs out of all this.

Stop being so shy (more like ball-less scared panzies).

:D

Balla_Status 11-20-2012 10:03 PM

Said it before in front of my friend...wasn't a big deal. He's my best friend...he's mature enough to know I have no bad intent by saying it.

Legend of Josh 11-20-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Only mediocre/untalented white people and ghetto minorities use the n word.

Sure, on a everyday commonplace basis. That is obviously not what I'm getting at in this thread.

What's your race if you don't mind me asking? Also, have you NEVER slipped up and used a racial term, slang, etc. towards someone else? I don't even just mean in someone's face. I mean behind someone's back, in private if not to their face. If you say no, that you've NEVER used a racial term intended in a racial manner towards someone else at some point in your life - YOU'RE LYING. Period.

Legend of Josh 11-20-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Said it before in front of my friend...wasn't a big deal. He's my best friend...he's mature enough to know I have no bad intent by saying it.

OK, not exactly anything someone would find entertaining bc you didn't really expand and give details or how the reaction was taken, etc. - or at least not in enough of a way we can get a good feel for what exactly was going on and why you said it, etc.

Thanks for at least sharing though.

Also Hawker... I'm not trying to pick on you personally... but you've been drunk in here and posted some highly borderline racist stuff before. If you've done that online behind a monitor and keyboard, I can only imagine the slip-ups you've committed in the past.

Again man, no one is perfect. We've all done it at some point or another. That's what I'm trying to get across. No one in here should be afraid of sharing bc someone else will think they're a RL racist, but just to get shits and giggles out of stupid moments in our past that we look back at now and laugh about.

Someone else, go.

DCL 11-20-2012 10:10 PM

no slip ups ever.

it's like farting.

you just know when it's cool to do it or not.

Legend of Josh 11-20-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
no slip ups ever.

it's like farting.

you just know when it's cool to do it or not.

Alright then, fair enough. Tell us a story when you were heated, angry, frustrated or whatever the case was, and you knew when it was "cool" to say whatever racial term you did, and tell us why you arrived at that action. Give us the juicy drama details so we can be entertained.

LOL, no slip-ups, ever? Really though? Come on DCL, be real. I'm starting to think your name is short for Damn Cold Lair.

The Macho Man 11-20-2012 10:22 PM

I've said it, but I didn't slip up and say it.

Legend of Josh 11-20-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I've said it, but I didn't slip up and say it.

:oldlol:

Finally... Mr. Entertainment himself. Enlighten and bless us with your stories of RL offensive to most adventures you've embarked on.

Tell us.

Balla_Status 11-20-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
OK, not exactly anything someone would find entertaining bc you didn't really expand and give details or how the reaction was taken, etc. - or at least not in enough of a way we can get a good feel for what exactly was going on and why you said it, etc.

Thanks for at least sharing though.

Also Hawker... I'm not trying to pick on you personally... but you've been drunk in here and posted some highly borderline racist stuff before. If you've done that online behind a monitor and keyboard, I can only imagine the slip-ups you've committed in the past.

Again man, no one is perfect. We've all done it at some point or another. That's what I'm trying to get across. No one in here should be afraid of sharing bc someone else will think they're a RL racist, but just to get shits and giggles out of stupid moments in our past that we look back at now and laugh about.

Someone else, go.

Yeah...never done that before. Sure, primetime has. I've posted drunk on here before (even black out once) and I've never woken up the next day and turned on my computer to see racist shit I've posted.

Sure, I've been "borderline" before but it was mainly a troll to bring in the usual suspects when it comes to subjects where being "borderline" was appropriate. Hint: You're one of them because you get your panties in a bunch over it.

And to expand on the story that you would rather have...I was drunk and I went back to Dallas to visit my hometown friends. We had been drinking at a bar (it was around 6 pm and I was feeling good) and they asked me if I had planned to see another friend of mine (not in the same group of friends but a friend nonetheless). I said, "no, I really have no desire to see that dude."

And my best friend thought he was a bit racist and I said, "Yeah, remember that black teacher we had in dual credit? He (friend I chose not to hang with) said, 'Man, I'm tired of this lady teaching us by using stories about jiggaboos and shit.'

And then I said, "And he refers to black as, '******' color."

And my friend had a look of disgust but wasn't for me...but the dude I was talking about.

Last month he posted a photo of a black dude sitting on a bench on Facebook with the caption, "Waiting for Obama's handout."

DCL 11-20-2012 10:34 PM

maybe in driving? like when some dude cuts you off and you want to honk and curse at him but when he rolls down the window, you know nothing about the dude other than what he looks like so you just yell at him by whatever group you assume he's in. but sometimes it's confusing because he's all mulato or albino and sh!t and you don't know what he is, so you just call him c0cksucker. that usually covers everything.

Balla_Status 11-20-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
maybe in driving? like when some dude cuts you off and you want to honk and curse at him but when he rolls down the window, you know nothing about the dude other than what he looks like so you just yell at him by whatever group you assume he's in. but sometimes it's confusing because he's all mulato or albino and sh!t and you don't know what he is, so you just call him c0cksucker. that usually covers everything.

Everybody turns racist when they drive.

Mr. I'm So Rad 11-20-2012 10:44 PM

I've never heard anyone else other than my dad use the word peckerwood. Most white people I know don't even know what it means. But I've never used those words out of anger because they don't offend white people. Every time I've said them it's just out of casual use.

SCREWstonRockets 11-20-2012 10:55 PM

it's not fair. there really isn't a racial slur that effects a white person the way the n word does a black person. seriously, it's hard to be racist to a white person. it's like trying to beat MJ in basketball, not gonna happen.

whites - kings of the racial slurs, they came up with the best ones, no wonder no racial slur effects them.

blacks & gays - no fun groups. overly sensitive. Can't make one joke about them, n word and f word highly effective here.

Asians & Hispanics - seems like "small *****" is the Asian man's n word and illegal immigrate references are creeping to the top of the list for Hispanics.

your thoughts?