Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How does Gortat fit onto this Thunder team. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282279)

maybeshewill13 11-23-2012 07:08 PM

How does Gortat fit onto this Thunder team.

With all the assets we have, I guess it's possible to trade with the Suns for Gortat. I wouldn't want to trade Martin though, he seems to fit perfectly in this team and is getting a boat load of open shots with Durant and Westbrook out there.

How do you think Gortat would fit into this team? Him and Ibaka out there would be a block party, and he's a huge offensive upgrade over Perkins.. though I haven't payed much attention to the other defensive aspects of Gortat's game, as I don't really watch any Suns games. With Westbrook and Durant getting so much attention, I think Gortat would be able to get a lot of easy buckets too..

What kind of package do you think the Suns would demand? Not including Martin we have PJIII, Lamb, Toronto's pick and other picks that could be thrown around, though I'm not sure if the Suns would really go for these players.

We badly need a new center, and I'm looking at anyone but Perkins at this point :facepalm

Rekindled 11-23-2012 07:09 PM

Re: How does Gortat fit onto this Thunder team.

perkins+tor pick+ lamb/pjIII gets it done for sure

broy 11-23-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
perkins+tor pick+ lamb/pjIII gets it done for sure

Gortat is not that cheap.

All Net 11-23-2012 07:13 PM

Don't really think OKC would have the trade assets to pull it off to be honest.

KyrieTheFuture 11-23-2012 07:16 PM

OKC doesn't have the ability to do this

KG215 11-23-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broy

He's clearly not happy in Phoenix, and the Suns aren't going anywhere with their current roster. So why wouldn't they take two first round picks (one of which is a lottery pick) and two rookie prospects with a lot of potential for a disgruntled center?

That's actually giving up quite a bit for Gortat. Now, if you only give up one of the rookies, I can kind of get on board with the whole "Gortat isn't that cheap" thing.

I don't think it'll happen, though. OKC isn't one of the teams that's even been listed as being interested in him, and I think Presti will probably wait until closer to the deadline to see if he wants or needs to make a move.

maybeshewill13 11-23-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
He's clearly not happy in Phoenix, and the Suns aren't going anywhere with their current roster. So why wouldn't they take two first round picks (one of which is a lottery pick) and two rookie prospects with a lot of potential for a disgruntled center?

That's actually giving up quite a bit for Gortat. Now, if you only give up one of the rookies, I can kind of get on board with the whole "Gortat isn't that cheap" thing.

I don't think it'll happen, though. OKC isn't one of the teams that's even been listed as being interested in him, and I think Presti will probably wait until closer to the deadline to see if he wants or needs to make a move.

In Presti I trust :bowdown:

Rubio2Gasol 11-23-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broy

Lamb kid is talented.

You're getting a near guaranteeed lottery pick as well.

For a franchise going nowhere at the moment hat would be a good trade

Carbine 11-23-2012 07:27 PM

Lets get one thing clear, Presti isn't going to trade all of the assets PLUS Perkins fo Gortat.

In other words, they'd have given up Harden and Perkins for Gortat. That is not the vision Presti had when he decided to trade Harden.

Maybe he's willing to trade Lamb or the Toronto pick, but not both together.

Qwyjibo 11-23-2012 07:31 PM

The Toronto pick might be the best asset Phoenix can get in return for Gortat. Realistically, I don't see what any other team could give up that's better.

It also makes sense for OKC to go after him given they should be doing everything they can to have a contender now and for the near future.

Segatti 11-23-2012 07:32 PM

Let the East get a little stronger please.

Zodiac 11-23-2012 07:35 PM

Hawks should trade Smoove for Gortat+Phx's top pick

Carbine 11-23-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The Toronto pick might be the best asset Phoenix can get in return for Gortat. Realistically, I don't see what any other team could give up that's better.

It also makes sense for OKC to go after him given they should be doing everything they can to have a contender now and for the near future.

That's not the reality of it though. That's what YOU think they should do, but Presti has made it very clear with trading Harden for Martin + young assets that he's willing to sacrifice a little something now for a much higher chance of continuing to put good players around the core of the team.

If they give up those two assets Presti is not being consistent. If he was in win now mode, Harden goes nowhere. It's highly highly unlikely that he would now turn around and trade those young, cheap assets and go in win now mode.

miles berg 11-23-2012 07:39 PM

Gortat would be an outstanding core piece for OKC.

Would make them the best team in the NBA.

Qwyjibo 11-23-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
That's not the reality of it though. That's what YOU think they should do, but Presti has made it very clear with trading Harden for Martin + young assets that he's willing to sacrifice a little something now for a much higher chance of continuing to put good players around the core of the team.

If they give up those two assets Presti is not being consistent. If he was in win now mode, Harden goes nowhere. It's highly highly unlikely that he would now turn around and trade those young, cheap assets and go in win now mode.

That depends on what they think Gortat will provide next year and his price after that. Everyone knew Harden was going to get a max deal from someone and OKC clearly didn't value him that way. It depends on what they forecast with Gortat's production and price.

I think it would be incredibly stupid for them to hang onto all of these young assets (Lamb, Jones, the lottery pick) when they are clearly built for multiple titles runs right now. Their value to OKC currently should be as trade assets. Having a core of Durant and Westbrook is something you must take advantage of.