Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Help! Who's the most expendable on my team? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282512)

konex 11-26-2012 09:42 AM

Help! Who's the most expendable on my team?

Guys, I need help with my $100 fantasy league (12 man H2H). I need more assists but I'm so torn on who to drop/trade. Aminu (solid but not spectacular), Jamison (Upside as a D'Antoni style player), Collison (is sucking really bad), Crawford (Scoring but little else) or someone else?

Chalmers is the best starting PG left on waivers. I also see Harrison Barnes but I'm wary of picking another rookie. Any thoughts?

poido123 11-26-2012 10:04 AM

Re: Help! Who's the most expendable on my team?

Quote:

Originally Posted by konex
Guys, I need help with my $100 fantasy league (12 man H2H). I need more assists but I'm so torn on who to drop/trade. Aminu (solid but not spectacular), Jamison (Upside as a D'Antoni style player), Collison (is sucking really bad), Crawford (Scoring but little else) or someone else?

Chalmers is the best starting PG left on waivers. I also see Harrison Barnes but I'm wary of picking another rookie. Any thoughts?

Im thinking you can drop patterson. chalmers is an option, is jarret jack or any other decent guards left? jarret jack is a good one, if curry rolls that ankle, jack's value goes up significantly and he already is worth rostering. Who esle, um what about rubio? he comes back in a few weeks...

konex 11-26-2012 10:17 AM

Thanks for the reply. Jack is available and he's on my watch list. Not sure about dropping Patterson though. The guy has been great so far and he is a starter! Also, with Davis out till mid-December, I need the depth at C

bdreason 11-26-2012 11:49 AM

Patterson is your worst player. He gives you nothing but a few points and rebounds.

konex 11-26-2012 03:47 PM

Another vote for Patterson. Okay, I'll give it a week to see how Jamison does and do that if he stays productive. Hopefully Rondo's assist whoring can keep me afloat lol. Thanks, guys..

D.Z.W. 11-26-2012 06:57 PM

It's probably between Jamison and Patterson, Patterson being the safer pick and Jamison the one with slightly higher fantasy upside.

Harrison Barnes is pretty legit, I think he's definitely worth an add.

As for the lack of asts, try to trade Jamal Crawford for a passing PG? Jamal is ranked really high atm, I'm pretty sure he'll have some trade value and you can get something decent.

konex 11-26-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

As for the lack of asts, try to trade Jamal Crawford for a passing PG? Jamal is ranked really high atm, I'm pretty sure he'll have some trade value and you can get something decent.

I was keeping him for 3s but that's a good point. Thanks

konex 11-26-2012 07:44 PM

It sucks cos I dropped Kemba Walker in week 1. I'd have a beast team if I didn't do that lol

konex 11-26-2012 10:27 PM

I picked up Hinrich and dropped Patterson. I hope I don't regret this :lol

D.Z.W. 11-27-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konex
It sucks cos I dropped Kemba Walker in week 1. I'd have a beast team if I didn't do that lol

ouchhh

Not a fan of Hinrich personally, but since you are desperate for a PG, no choice I guess~

konex 11-27-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
ouchhh

Not a fan of Hinrich personally, but since you are desperate for a PG, no choice I guess~

Not a PG necessarily, just assists lol. He starts but he was available for a reason lol.

I'll also try to get Harrison Barnes off waivers with Jamison tonight

konex 11-29-2012 04:08 AM

Well, dropping Patterson blew up in my face the last 2 games lol. I have a chance to pick up JO or Ariza via waivers. Who should I get?

My current team

RapsFan 11-30-2012 05:28 PM

Waivers isn't the answer for your assists. You need to make a trade.

konex 12-05-2012 12:53 PM

Well after droping Patterson and Jamison, I lucked out by getting Blatche cos some dude dropped him thinking his value will decrease when Lopez returns. I also picked up Bass cos Favors is now injured too.

I don't think my assists issue is solved but I kept i close last week despite Rondo missing 2.5 games. What do you think of my current roster?

CarlosBoozer 12-05-2012 09:15 PM

you need more rebounders mate! scoring should be fine, assists can be fixed with a trade as suggested :D