Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   3-13 = Axe territory (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282811)

Skywalker 11-29-2012 09:36 AM

3-13 = Axe territory

who's getting it?

Gotta be Colangelo. End the madness, take your pick and Amnesty either Bargnani or Fields and get this going in the right direction.

The longer BC is GM the deeper the rot.

Chamberlain 11-29-2012 02:14 PM

Re: 3-13 = Axe territory

It's gotta be Colangelo. I wouldn't fire Casey. He's still new-ish and I think a sense of stability in the coaching staff is what we need to actually develop a team identity, something the Raptors haven't had in years. He's shown some incompetencies in his rotations but he doesn't have much to work with.

bokes15 11-29-2012 03:42 PM

If history repeats itself (and it seems it will) Casey would probably get the axe first before BC. Sad, but true. I don't know if there's ever been an NBA GM that has gotten this much pull without delivering results.

Bcogswell 11-29-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
who's getting it?

Gotta be Colangelo. End the madness, take your pick and Amnesty either Bargnani or Fields and get this going in the right direction.

The longer BC is GM the deeper the rot.

It should be BC but it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if BC fires Casey to save his own ass. Also, we can't amnesty Fields as the clause only works in the offseason and only on contracts that were signed under the old CBA. :(

Himan12 11-30-2012 06:30 PM

Well its been 4 years overdue. But its BC's time.

b4ball 12-01-2012 09:38 AM

I don't see BC being fired during the season. Very very late season at best. I expect him to make a big move at the trade deadline. Davis, Calderon, Bargnani being the most odvious players to move that can and should generate a decent return.

keantona 12-01-2012 10:14 AM

I've thought this for a while and so far I've been wrong but it makes sense for Colangelo to trade Bargnani soon. Colangelo has a terrible record and there is no indication of anything improving. Virtually no-one except for some of the decision makers at MLSE thinks he should stay, and surely they're coming around. The only way he can buy himself time is to make a change so radical and huge that people can honestly believe he has learned his lesson and is going in a completely new direction, and the only change he can make that's that big is to trade the guy he's been trying to build around for years.

Chamberlain 12-01-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keantona
I've thought this for a while and so far I've been wrong but it makes sense for Colangelo to trade Bargnani soon. Colangelo has a terrible record and there is no indication of anything improving. Virtually no-one except for some of the decision makers at MLSE thinks he should stay, and surely they're coming around. The only way he can buy himself time is to make a change so radical and huge that people can honestly believe he has learned his lesson and is going in a completely new direction, and the only change he can make that's that big is to trade the guy he's been trying to build around for years.

I'd say Colangelo feels the minute be gives up on Bargnani and tries to trade him, the owners will see it as him admitting defeat and they'll bring someone new in. Is that what would happen? I'm not so sure. Like you said, realizing something you've done wrong in the past and trying to fix it may show that he's willing to adapt, and may buy him some more time.

bokes15 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

I fully believe he'll be pushing for a Calderon trade. Bargnani? not so much.

Bcogswell 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Personally I can't see BC getting fired no matter what he does this season. Him getting resigned is a different story however.

Burgz V2 12-01-2012 02:15 PM

if Casey gets fired before BC i will denounce this team. Maybe ill start watching more hockey.

oh wait...

lilbeastnani 12-01-2012 02:24 PM

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ors-slow-start
Quote:

What’s interesting is that Colangelo, while dogged on social media, continues to largely escape blame for being the architect of this miserable situation, even with the team on pace to win even fewer games than last year’s 22.

Even this season, the brunt of the criticism for the team’s inept start has been aimed at Bargnani, the No. 1 pick of a bad draft in ’06, who may be a viable NBA scorer some nights but is less than durable and hardly a franchise player. But little venom seems directed toward Colangelo, until now just another losing executive in a town filled with losing executives.
Things are happening, just not with the Raps. Colangelo tried to do a big deal in the summer but swung and missed on Steve Nash. It was a long-shot attempt to get a bona fide name — an aging one, but a name — in a Raps uniform.

Losing in Memphis to the former Vancouver Grizzlies was just another slap in the face. Vancouver may have failed, but 11 years later the Grizzlies are far ahead of the Raptors as a competitive basketball squad. Their organization is better. It’s not a star-studded squad, but a smart, capable one.

This isn’t a call for Colangelo’s neck. Not yet. This is a young team, and one struggling with a horrible early schedule.

But it is to question how much longer Colangelo can seemingly dance around any and all responsibility for the basketball catastrophe in this city.

Why does the buck never stop there?

DJMason 12-01-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeastnani

Couldn't believe this was coming from the star. Then I noted it wasn't written by Doug "permanently riding BC's jock" Smith and it at least makes sense.

Someone needs to wrestle the team from his death grip before he makes more desperation moves that mortgage our future to save his ass just because we finally eeked out a win against another terrible team at home.

bokes15 12-04-2012 04:16 AM

18 games in and we have the 2nd worst record in the entire league. Only ahead of 1 win Washington.

Bcogswell 12-04-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
18 games in and we have the 2nd worst record in the entire league. Only ahead of 1 win Washington.

If we keep this up we MIGHT get to keep our draft pick! :cheers: