Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283442)

28renyoy 12-05-2012 04:13 PM

Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
So basically Durant has been better every single year :confusedshrug:

Rookie year
Kobe 7.6 ppg 1.9 rpg 1.3 apg .7 STL .3 BLK 1.6 TOV 54.4 TS% 14.4 PER
Durant 20.3 ppg 4.4 rpg 2.4 apg 1.0 STL .9 BLK 2.9 TOV 51.9 TS% 15.8 PER

2nd year
Kobe 15.4 ppg 3.1 rpg 2.5 apg .9 STL .5 BLK 2.0 TOV 54.8 TS% 18.5 PER
Durant 25.3 ppg 6.5 rpg 2.8 apg 1.3 STL .7 BLK 3.0 TOV 57.7 TS% 20.8 PER

3rd year
Kobe 19.9 ppg 5.4 rpg 3.8 apg 1.4 STL 1.0 BLK 3.1 TOV 54.9 TS% 18.9 PER
Durant 30.1 ppg 7.6 rpg 2.8 apg 1.4 STL 1.0 BLK 3.3 TOV 60.7 TS% 26.2 PER

4th year
Kobe 22.5 ppg 5.9 rpg 4.9 apg 1.6 STL .9 BLK 2.8 TOV 54.6 TS% 21.7 PER
Durant 27.7 ppg 7.8 rpg 2.7 apg 1.1 STL 1.0 BLK 2.8 TOV 58.9 TS% 23.6 PER

5th year
Kobe 28.5 ppg 5.9 rpg 5.0 apg 1.7 STL .6 BLK 3.2 TOV 55.2 TS% 24.5 PER
Durant 28.0 ppg 8.0 rpg 3.5 apg 1.3 STL 1.2 BLK 3.8 TOV 61.0 TS% 26.2 PER

6th year
Kobe 25.2 ppg 5.5 rpg 5.5 apg 1.5 STL .4 BLk 2.8 TOV 54.4 TS% 23.2 PER .199 WSp48
Durant 26.5 ppg 8.5 rpg 4.4 apg 1.6 STL 1.6 BLK 3.3 TOV 64.9 TS% 28.1 PER

knickswin 12-05-2012 04:14 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
why don't you write a letter to durant letting him know how much you looovvveeeee him?

funnystuff 12-05-2012 04:14 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Inb4 "Rings" gets said.

Vienceslav 12-05-2012 04:16 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Thatīs why Durant is going to be highest on the all time list of the players currently active in the league once itīs all said and done.

28renyoy 12-05-2012 04:17 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnystuff
Inb4 "Rings" gets said.


Give Durant prime Shaq and he wins a ring his 2nd season in the league and he is currently going for a 5peat.

lilgodfather1 12-05-2012 04:18 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vienceslav
Thatīs why Durant is going to be highest on the all time list of the players currently active in the league once itīs all said and done.

Except he and LeBron have pretty even stats through their first five years, only difference being age really. LeBron had slight edges in most categories, and Durant had slight advantages in some.

By that thought pattern LeBron would be the highest no?

maybeshewill13 12-05-2012 04:19 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Durant will AT LEAST be a top 15 player ever when it's all said and done.

funnystuff 12-05-2012 04:20 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Give Durant prime Shaq and he wins a ring his 2nd season in the league and he is currently going for a 5peat.

This is true but give prime Shaq to any decent shooter and its rings for them too.

28renyoy 12-05-2012 04:20 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Except he and LeBron have pretty even stats through their first five years, only difference being age really. LeBron had slight edges in most categories, and Durant had slight advantages in some.

By that thought pattern LeBron would be the highest no?


He and LeBron have had an almost identical career path through season 6. They've virtually had the same accolades, although Durant has 2 more scoring titles and LeBron has 1 more all star game.

LeBron will probably go down as the better player, but it's impossible to predict right now. If Durant does something like win 3 rings in the next 5 years, he would have GOAT potential.

Fudge 12-05-2012 04:21 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
I'm ashamed to be a Durant fan sometimes..

tpols 12-05-2012 04:22 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
A few problems..

-kobe came straight out of high school so these comparisons need to include at least a two year buffer period to make the comparisons fair.

-kobe was a deserving nba all first team defender for much of his early career and was a legit lock down one on one and help defender. Durant was and is not.

-kobe was also a much better playmaker/creator.

So while Durant slightly edges kobe in scoring, he overcomes that small disadvantage with his massive ones in play making and defense. It's why Durant can score so much and do it efficiently which equals a higher per, but he can look invisible on the court at times because of his lack of contribution in other areas ex. See last year's finals where the heat easily handled the thunder and Durant very quietly shot the ball well.

Pursuer 12-05-2012 04:23 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudge
I'm ashamed to be a Durant fan sometimes..

Same can be said by Kobe, LeBron, Jordan fans.

IGOTGAME 12-05-2012 04:23 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
0 full years with more assists than turnover.

0 years on first team all NBA defense.

lilgodfather1 12-05-2012 04:28 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 28renyoy
He and LeBron have had an almost identical career path through season 6. They've virtually had the same accolades, although Durant has 2 more scoring titles and LeBron has 1 more all star game.

LeBron will probably go down as the better player, but it's impossible to predict right now. If Durant does something like win 3 rings in the next 5 years, he would have GOAT potential.

They pretty much do tbh. There are obvious differences like passing (LeBron had more assists in 2 years than Durant in 5), and scoring (Durant is obviously a better scorer), but they're mirrors this far in.

As for saying if Durant wins 3 rings in the next five years he's got GOAT potential, well yeah you could pretty much say that about anyone though lol.

If Blake Griffen were to win 3 titles in the next 5 years he'd have GOAT potential too... Of course if he won the FMVP's, if not then it's moot.

SilkkTheShocker 12-05-2012 04:28 PM

Re: Kobe vs Durant-years 1 through 6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Durant will AT LEAST be a top 15 player ever when it's all said and done.



Definitely. But he will be crying on his mother's shoulder every year in the Finals.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy