Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marcus Banks: Diamantidis Like Kobe, LeBron, Jordan - Nash = D'Antoni's System (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283452)

Euroleague 12-05-2012 07:23 PM

Marcus Banks: Diamantidis Like Kobe, LeBron, Jordan - Nash = D'Antoni's System

Nice interview by Marcus Banks..........

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesB...2038405.htm l

You play at a key position, on a team with many new teammates. How will you manage to learn the philosophy of the team, and to work with Dimitris Diamantidis, and your other teammates?

"It's hard to come together, but if we all come together, then we'll be able to achieve a lot. We should directly follow the philosophy of our head coach. Whatever happened in the past is over, and now we should look ahead. As a team, we should become as one immediately, so that he we can win the championship. We have very good players. In America, there have been players like Kobe, like Jordan, like LeBron - here, with Diamantidis, it's the same. He's very smart. He loves basketball, and he's very loyal to his teammates."

You've only been on the team for three weeks, and you often mention the name of Diamantidis...

"After three weeks, I trust him. I hope I've earned his trust. Though it's still early, our relationship is improving more and more every day. We respect each other, and that's what really matters. I'm really still learning.

I'm watching and learning, as I was learning when I was playing behind Steve Nash and Gary Payton. They're Hall of Fame players, and I'm sure that Dimitris will enter into the Hall of Fame too, after he retires. A few years from now, everyone will say that Panathinaikos was the team of Dimitris."

Since you mentioned Steve Nash, did you gain a lot of knowledge playing with him?

"I learned a lot from Nash. He's an incredible player with a calm character, and he's definitely a leader on the court. D'Antoni didn't have any system. It was just trust Nash. He definitely gave instructions during timeouts, but he gave complete freedom to Nash, and the team was successful. It seemed to me that everyone, both inside and outside of the arena, knew that Nash was the real leader of the team."

DatAsh 12-05-2012 07:28 PM

Re: Marcus Banks: Diamantidis As Good As Kobe, LeBron, Jordan - Nash = D'Antoni's System

Interesting tidbit about Nash there at the end. I think you're somewhat misinterpreting that first quote though.

Partizan 12-05-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Marcus Banks: Diamantidis Like Kobe, LeBron, Jordan - Nash = D'Antoni's System

One of true greats of this game. Banks is right he is a real leader, I think he wasn't comparing him to them as players rather as a leader.

IGOTGAME 12-05-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Marcus Banks: Diamantidis Like Kobe, LeBron, Jordan - Nash = D'Antoni's System

I agree with the Nash part. I wouldnt even call it an offense.

Pursuer 12-05-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I agree with the Nash part. I wouldnt even call it an offense.

That's a great great point. Nash used to do whatever he wanted with the basketball in the glory days in Phoenix. People talk how triangle offense was Kobe shooting whenever, wherever he wants, but the offense that Phoenix had was even more single player ball dominant to some degree. Not saying it was the same, I just think people get carried away with how Kobe, Carmelo and other dominant scorers play.
Getting back on the Nash point, it's actually an offense, but I wanted to agree with the part, that It was an offense where all the decisions were pretty much made by Nash. They had some different sets with the hand-offs for Marion and some back cuts for shooters, but mostly it was Nash running with the ball and running PnR.

chips93 12-05-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pursuer
That's a great great point. Nash used to do whatever he wanted with the basketball in the glory days in Phoenix. People talk how triangle offense was Kobe shooting whenever, wherever he wants, but the offense that Phoenix had was even more single player ball dominant to some degree. Not saying it was the same, I just think people get carried away with how Kobe, Carmelo and other dominant scorers play.
Getting back on the Nash point, it's actually an offense, but I wanted to agree with the part, that It was an offense where all the decisions were pretty much made by Nash. They had some different sets with the hand-offs for Marion and some back cuts for shooters, but mostly it was Nash running with the ball and running PnR.

and it was one of the best offenses the nba has ever seen

devin112 12-05-2012 08:48 PM

Marcus who? and Euro what?

never mind don't give a shit about either.

LBJFTW 12-05-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devin112
Marcus who? and Euro what?

Diamantidis plays for a team called Panathinaikos in Athens. They would get rolled by the Hornets even with Euroleague rules.

IGOTGAME 12-05-2012 09:21 PM

protein bar recipe it was one of the best offenses the nba has ever seen[/quote]
The was based upon playing undersized players to get spacing. The thing the made the offense successfulmde the defense horrible. Wasn't championship ball so I disregard it mostly.

Euroleague 12-06-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJFTW
Diamantidis plays for a team called Panathinaikos in Athens. They would get rolled by the Hornets even with Euroleague rules.

Burn in hell.

LBJFTW 12-06-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
Burn in hell.

You mad because it's the truth? Eh μαλάκας?

Euroleague 12-06-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJFTW
You mad because it's the truth? Eh μαλάκας?

You are a moron.

devin112 12-06-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Burn in hell.

greece is on euro wellfare right now, you should stfu.

LBJFTW 12-06-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devin112
greece is on euro wellfare right now, you should stfu.

Euroleague has never even been to Greece, much less seen Panathinaikos play live in Greece as I have. He's a poser who lives in Arkansas that is still in denial that Nigeria beat Greece in the 2012 FIBA World Olympic qualifying tournament. His constant attempts to glorify the Euroleague and say that they are better than the NBA have been countered numerous times on this site. The arguments are laughable at best. Just read some of his past gems. As any sane human (European or American) would know there is no comparison, NBA talent >>>>>>> Euroleague talent. Ask any fan who resides in Europe and they will tell you. This guy, never having been to Europe, doesn't know any better and his negative reputation reflects exactly that. :oldlol:

FKAri 12-06-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

[...]like Kobe, like Jordan, like LeBron - here, with Diamantidis, it's the same. He's very smart. He loves basketball, and he's very loyal to his teammates." [...]

:lol