Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283489)

T-Low 12-06-2012 01:57 AM

Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Rival executives believe the most likely landing spot for Gasol is Toronto, which could offer Andrea Bargnani in return and bolster the Lakers' point-guard deficiency with Jose Calderon, who is backing up Kyle Lowry. Sources say Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo has shown no willingness to part with Bargnani, but if pressure mounts for him to bolster the team's youth movement and win now by adding a veteran with All-Star credentials like Gasol, that could change.

Not so much that Toronto is looking, but it looks like a possibility...

Pistol Pete 12-06-2012 02:03 AM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Rival executives believe the most likely landing spot for Gasol is Toronto, which could offer Andrea Bargnani in return and bolster the Lakers' point-guard deficiency with Jose Calderon, who is backing up Kyle Lowry. Sources say Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo has shown no willingness to part with Bargnani, but if pressure mounts for him to bolster the team's youth movement and win now by adding a veteran with All-Star credentials like Gasol, that could change.

:oldlol:

You'd hope that's just posturing, but really, everyone knows it's actually real. I believe it so much. Christ. Tabernak.

bokes15 12-06-2012 02:07 AM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
This is totally hypothetical but if we were to give up both Calderon (who would help the Lakers significantly IMO) and Bargs for a 32 year old Pau Gasol we better be getting more out of it than that whether it be more players or some draft picks or something.

kwajo 12-06-2012 08:52 AM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Yeah there's got to be another piece involved, like some youngster or an expiring contract or something. Just getting Pau in return is not a good deal for us, he's over the hill.

Zan Tabak 12-06-2012 09:07 AM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
I'd rather the Raps get a good young player or high draft picks in return for Calderon/Bargnani. Getting Gasol doesn't make much sense, but Toronto management seems to do a lot of things that don't make sense. :facepalm

keantona 12-06-2012 09:17 AM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
I'd do this deal in a heartbeat, just because getting Bargnani out of town is so vital to this franchise finally turning around.

Dunno what the hell to do with Gasol once we'd got him though. He's no use on a team that needs to be in full rebuilding mode. Hopefully we could move him for young players or picks as quickly as possible.

clipse 12-06-2012 10:32 AM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keantona
I'd do this deal in a heartbeat, just because getting Bargnani out of town is so vital to this franchise finally turning around.
Dunno what the hell to do with Gasol once we'd got him though. He's no use on a team that needs to be in full rebuilding mode. Hopefully we could move him for young players or picks as quickly as possible.


This. I feel like Bargs is having a negative impact on the roster's chemistry. Lowry does not seem as motivated as when the season started, and having a lazy 7 footer could have an adverse effect on Val.

AC Earl 12-06-2012 02:07 PM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Apparently the T-wolves are interested as well. Offering Derrick Williams and Nikola Pekovic. Is it possible the Raps can flip Gasol for that package? Or Derrick Williams plus a 1st rounder for Gasol?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ries-pau-gasol

bokes15 12-06-2012 04:30 PM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Quote:

The Toronto Raptors and Minnesota Timberwolves have both recently tried to engage the Lakers in trade discussions for Gasol, sources told ESPN.com, but the Lakers continue to tell teams that call that they will not consider dealing the Spaniard until L.A. can fully assess its roster after the return of injured point guard Steve Nash.

Stretch power forward Andrea Bargnani, veteran point guard Jose Calderon and fellow vet Linas Kleiza are among the players, sources say, whom the Raptors have discussed making available to the Lakers in a deal for Gasol. It's an open secret around the league,

CBSSports.com reported Wednesday that there's a growing belief among rival executives that Toronto has emerged as the most likely landing spot for Gasol, given Bargnani's potential as a floor-spacing frontcourt partner to Dwight Howard and the boost Calderon could give a thin backcourt. Nash has only played a game and a half this season thanks to the 38-year-old's fractured fibula, and Steve Blake will miss the next six to eight weeks after abdominal surgery.
Bargnani, though, is only 27 and can supply the sort of long-range shooting that Gasol, even when healthy, cannot. D'Antoni and the Phoenix Suns enjoyed considerable success when Nash combined with one pick-and-rolling inside force -- Amar'e Stoudemire -- and was otherwise surrounded by a plethora of shooters. The Suns, though, didn't function nearly as smoothly when they traded for Shaquille O'Neal and suddenly had to accommodate two scorers who head for the rim.


..

Skywalker 12-06-2012 06:42 PM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
lmao I'd laugh if Colangelo goes and flips Valanciunas/Ed Davis/1st Rounder 2014 (Wiggins) for Pau LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO

Chamberlain 12-06-2012 07:11 PM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
lmao I'd laugh if Colangelo goes and flips Valanciunas/Ed Davis/1st Rounder 2014 (Wiggins) for Pau LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO


Nothing close to that has been mentioned at all.

That being said, if something like that happened, I'd be out the door for good.

RapsFan 12-06-2012 08:52 PM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Am I the only one that would find watching Bargs in the pressure cooker that is the Lakers hysterically funny?

Zan Tabak 12-06-2012 08:59 PM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RapsFan
Am I the only one that would find watching Bargs in the pressure cooker that is the Lakers hysterically funny?

:oldlol: nope. He'd fold like a cheap suit!

bokes15 12-06-2012 10:11 PM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Nothing close to that has been mentioned at all.

That being said, if something like that happened, I'd be out the door for good.

Me too. With that kind of move i'd potentially even quit posting on this forum forever.

bokes15 12-06-2012 10:13 PM

Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RapsFan
Am I the only one that would find watching Bargs in the pressure cooker that is the Lakers hysterically funny?

Yes, 3 places i'd absolutely love to see Bargs play. LA, NY and Philly :oldlol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy