Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can you fools STOP putting an asterisk on the Heat's ring? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283535)

DStebb716 12-06-2012 07:33 PM

Can you fools STOP putting an asterisk on the Heat's ring?

Seriously you just sound like a jealous douchebag. Should we put an asterisk on every team that's ever won a championship during a year in which 82 regular season games weren't played?
EVERYBODY had to face the 66-game circumstances, and the Heat were the best at it last year. They won the championship, plain and simple.

StateOfMind12 12-06-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Can you fools STOP putting an asterisk on the Heat's ring?

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

BEAST Griffin 12-06-2012 07:34 PM

Okay.

TheMarkMadsen 12-06-2012 07:35 PM

Why so mad? It's not going down in the official record books with a * so who gives a fig about what some ishiots think?

RoundMoundOfReb 12-06-2012 07:36 PM

stop feeding the trolls

TheMarkMadsen 12-06-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

Originality oozes out of you

BrickingStar 12-06-2012 07:38 PM

It's especially funny when it comes from knicks fans who have won 1 playoff game in the last decade and try to up their franchise with the Heat. That alone would explain their jealousy :yaohappy:

Fudge 12-06-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

:facepalm

Real Men Wear Green 12-06-2012 07:39 PM

Making people like you mad is the reason why they do it. With this thread you are asking to get trolled.

maybeshewill13 12-06-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Rivetting tale chap.

Rysio 12-06-2012 07:43 PM

lebrick played 8 82 game seasons and couldnt get a ring then he gets lucky in shortened season where everybody was injured. no true basketball fan will ever stop putting asterisks on heat rings.

bagelred 12-06-2012 07:44 PM

Heat World Champions

RoundMoundOfReb 12-06-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

thAnks for the neg but i wAsn't even tALking about you. the "trolls" are the people who sAy there should be an Asterisk.

StateOfMind12 12-06-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
thAnks for the neg but i wAsn't even tALking about you. the "trolls" are the people who sAy there should be an Asterisk.

I didn't neg you. It's probably some obsessed loser that wants my head off like chazzy or some other loser, so he is making an attempt to neg random posters signing off under my name.

ripthekik 12-06-2012 08:25 PM

it is asterisked simply because it was 66 games. since 1970, there hasn't only been maybe 2 seasons where an 82 regular season games haven't been played out. The asterisk is there to mark this difference in statistics.
When it's so different from other seasons (less than 5% chance a season is <82), you don't think it deserves an asterisk?