Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stars Waiting to Happen TEAM (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283797)

Skywalker 12-09-2012 09:42 AM

Stars Waiting to Happen TEAM

PG - Eric Bledsoe - Gonna be a stat sheet stuffer
SG- Marshon Brooks - 13 ppg as a rook, shooting over 50% this year
SF- ?? fill in ??
PF- Derrick Favors - Nuff said, gonna be perennial all star if he gets some minutes
C- Larry Sanders (kind of already happening) - Potential better rebounding Ibaka?
------------------

Honorable Mentions
Isaiah Thomas - Seems to be Sacto's best player but can't get minutes
Enes Kanter - Huge body good in the post already
Marshon Brooks - 13 PPG as a rook and shooting over 50% this year
Ed Davis - Improving yearly, Bargnani declining. Colangelo still plays Bargs 35 mpg fml

For this list I avoided rookies because that's too easy, need players in the league who are deprived of minutes and have been around for a couple years developing

andremiller07 12-09-2012 09:49 AM

Re: Stars Waiting to Happen TEAM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Isaiah Thomas - Seems to be Sacto's best player but can't get minutes

Your kidding right? Hes barley been better than Jimmer and while he was starting was averaging less assists than our centre. Hes last 2-3 games off the bench have been good I will give him that but Brooks has been better than Isaiah this season. Right now Isaiah has sufferd through the worest strech of his career and I hope he can recapture his form.

Everyone else on your list I agree with and I would also add Jeff Teauge to that list if his mins ever go up.

Purch 12-09-2012 09:50 AM

Derrick Favors-Enes Kanter

Will be the younger version of Z-Bo-Gasol. Watch next year. You'll all see

Skywalker 12-09-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
Your kidding right? Hes barley been better than Jimmer and while he was starting was averaging less assists than our centre. Hes last 2-3 games off the bench have been good I will give him that but Brooks has been better than Isaiah this season. Right now Isaiah has sufferd through the worest strech of his career and I hope he can recapture his form.

Everyone else on your list I agree with and I would also add Jeff Teauge to that list if his mins ever go up.

Wasn't that because even though he was technically "starting at PG" the ball was in Reke's hands most of the time? so they had a PG playing most of his minutes off the ball.

Last year as a starter he averaged 15/5/3 on 48%FG and 40% from three

Everytime I see him he looks to have loads of potential. But it's true no one accuses Sacto of using their players properly.

andremiller07 12-09-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Wasn't that because even though he was technically "starting at PG" the ball was in Reke's hands most of the time? so they had a PG playing most of his minutes off the ball.

Nah when Isaiah was starting thats when Tyreke struggled cause he didn't have the ball in his hands as the primary PG when Brooks replaced Thomas thats when Tyreke became the primary ball handler

Quote:

Everytime I see him he looks to have loads of potential. But it's true no one accuses Sacto of using their players properly.
100% agree althought I still love having him come of the bench cause the dude always brings in POSITIVE energy and speed but like I said I really hope he can return to the Isaiah of last year but its doubtful with Evans (if the knee injury stops) return to form he will dominate the ball.

Quote:

SF- ?? fill in ??
Maybe Harrison Barnes?

PyrrhusX 12-09-2012 10:00 AM

Klay Thompson. Finally starting to shoot the 3 consistently and getting his fg% to respectable levels.

It's A VC3!!! 12-09-2012 10:24 AM

People have been saying that Derrick Favors is going to develop since he was with the Nets. He is too raw and has no moves but is a solid defender. Honestly, he is just another Deandre Jordan. If people expect him to be an all-star, they can also expect to be sorely disappointed. He is better offensively than Deandre, but he's not a 20/10 guy.

kurple 12-09-2012 10:32 AM

mcgee*

waseem780 12-09-2012 10:34 AM

paul george , jeff teague , gordon hayward , nikola pekovic

wally_world 12-09-2012 10:40 AM

Bledsoe
Shumpert / Redick (wont be a star but he's much better than what most ppl think)
Gordon Hayward
Patrick Patterson
Favors

This is my list.

Marshon can become a great scorer but i dont think he'll be an all-star type player. Im not on the Larry Sanders bandwagon yet too, he'll be a good defensive big but i dont see him being more than a 10/10/2 kinda player.

Skywalker 12-09-2012 11:51 AM

Hayward is really overrated potential wise imo. Seems pretty simple of a player.

irondarts 12-09-2012 11:54 AM

SF - Paul George

bmulls 12-09-2012 12:04 PM

Chandler Parsons should be on that list

Clippersfan86 12-09-2012 12:16 PM

Good list and thread idea. I think the SF position should be filled by George. Honorable mentions Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons. I love Hayward and Parsons... they are freaking beasts who I'd love for my team to have but both are very skilled and pretty refined already IMO so they have less room for improvement. George is still raw and is an absolute beast with great upside.

Phenith 12-09-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
Bledsoe
Shumpert / Redick (wont be a star but he's much better than what most ppl think)
Gordon Hayward
Patrick Patterson
Favors

This is my list.

Marshon can become a great scorer but i dont think he'll be an all-star type player. Im not on the Larry Sanders bandwagon yet too, he'll be a good defensive big but i dont see him being more than a 10/10/2 kinda player.

Your right, no team would want a good defensive big that puts up a double double average with 2 blocks.