Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Jordan's Master Plan (My take) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2838)

Tap_out_kid 06-26-2006 08:56 AM

Jordan's Master Plan (My take)

Long time reader, first time poster. I was just wondering what you guys thought of this strategy. I think Jordan wants star power to put the Bobcats on the NBA map. Nobody has more of that in this draft than Morrison. In addition, he has the ability to score from any where at any time. That is exactly what the Cats need. The problem is, of course, his defense or lack there of. I believe he will improve enough to play, but he will never be a stopper.

So let’s say Jordan and co. draft Adam and put him as the starting two from day one. Now the team has two slow, defensively limited jump shooters (Brezac) as starters. I think if Morrison is drafted Brezac will be traded for a future pick or a defensive wing player to spell Morrison. Now here is the Jordan factor. I believe Jordan may make a run for Ben Wallace. He is a very recognizable big man and brings a defensive presence and shot-blocking ability, making Morrison less of a liability. In fact, a front line of Wallace, Wallace, and Okafor would be the most athletic, shot-blocking front line in the NBA.

I know Wallace is getting older and doesn’t score much, but with his defensive prowess, he would be a good fit if Morrison is drafted. The team would look like this.

PG) Felton, Knight
SG) Morrison, Anderson, Carroll,
SF) G. Wallace, J. Jones, Robinson
PF) Okafor, May, Ely
C) B. Wallace, Voskuhl

That actually makes 13 players, so one of the role players wouldn’t make it. I’d like to keep Jones as his versatility and shooting make him a great sixth man. Anderson could be the third PG. If Morrison is drafted and Jones re-signs Carroll could become obsolete. I would also like to re-sign Ely if not too expensive. That would give us a great group of bigs. I think Robinson could be a defensive stopper on the wing in relief of Adam.

OK, there it is. My master plan or at least one that I think will appeal to Jordan. Let me know your thoughts and don’t beat me up too badly.

Timmeh 06-26-2006 11:11 AM

Ok you confused me when you started talking about Ben Gordon then switched to Ben Wallace.

Gordon is actually a good idea if we can trade Brezec and a 2nd Rounder (doubt the Bulls would do it) for Gordon. This would move May to center. Bernie's not going to fork over all the money Ben Wallace is going to want in free agency this early in his building process. From what I saw of Morrison I thought he was more of a SF/PF type player. If so he'd be a great sub for Wallace during the games and we would probably look like this:

PG: Felton, Knight
SG: Gordon, Anderson, Carroll
SF: Wallace, Morrison
PF: Okafor, Ely, Baxter
C: May, Voskuhl

Tap_out_kid 06-26-2006 12:06 PM

My Bad

I meant Ben Wallace the whole time. I was tired and had just read an article about Gordon. :confusedshrug: original post is corrected now.

traditionone 06-26-2006 04:55 PM

Charlotte will not get Ben Wallace and I think Ely will be the guy who is leaving via sign and trade. Brezec will remain at center.

Also, it looks like Charlotte has their eye on Rudy Gay. If they do take Rudy, then they will have an athletic lineup, but they will still need shooters.

Carroll and Robinson should be in the d-league. They're not NBA caliber players.

We have a huge hole at shooting guard. Brandon Roy should be the guy they pick. He is everything we need.

KnicksFan4Life 06-26-2006 05:17 PM

I think Jordan will try to make a run for Carmelo Anthony. He and Jordan know each other, and Denver will probably not sign Melo for max money

Timmeh 06-26-2006 06:48 PM

the bobcats aren't going to pay for melo...besides, Jordan's not even the GM, that's still Bernie's job

KnicksFan4Life 06-26-2006 06:54 PM

But Jordan has an input in team decisions, and Melo and Jordan are buddies. So they would have a shot at getting Melo if Denver decides that they dont want to pay him

dwillreg 06-27-2006 02:21 AM

Trade 3d overall pick to Hornets for 12, 15 and JR Smith (Ford says its possible). Draft Redick and Armstrong and Novak at 50.

PG: Felton/Knight
SG: Smith/Redick
SF: Wallace/Novak
PF: Okafor/May
C: Brezec/Armstrong

I am probally dreaming here but that would be a nice team.

Timmeh 06-27-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwillreg
I just don't want to hear Tyrus Thomas or LaMarcus Aldridge or JJ Redick's name called.

ok? then why change your mind? Charlotte won't draft redick at 3, if the trade for smith went down i hope to God they still don't draft him. Novak at 50 sounds good if he's still on there

dwillreg 06-27-2006 11:57 AM

Redick is a good pick at 12 (assuming we have JR Smith). I think he will be a great role player for us who can knock down 3s when open. He just can't be forced into a role where he will have to score 20 points per game or more like he did in college because he would get dominated.

Timmeh 06-27-2006 03:29 PM

maybe so, but i highly doubt the smith trade will happen, either way i really dont want redick on the team because i know what will happen, redick will hit a 3 over someone in the middle of the game and go down the court yelling "yeah **** you **** **** **** yeah woo! **** you i **** on you" like what he did at duke

dwillreg 06-27-2006 03:46 PM

If the Smith trade doesn't go down than we can't take Redick. Our options have to be Roy, Gay, Foye, and Morrison.

Tap_out_kid 06-29-2006 07:22 AM

half way there

Well, The Cats took Morrison. That was part one in my prediction. Now it's Jordan time. I believe he will try to lure Ben Wallace here to complete our lineup. I think he wants to do something big and as I stated earlier, if Morrison is in the game, Primoz can't be. A shot blocker has to be at center to protect the basket and cover Morrison's defensive liability. Felton, Morrison, G. Wallace, B. Wallace, Okafor is a very strong lineup instantly. May and knight first two off the bench re-sign Jones and Ely for bench help and I think you may have a playoff team. I hope it goes down this way.

Timmeh 06-29-2006 11:54 AM

It sounds good and I'd love to see it happen but A) Ben will want too much money, or B) I don't think Bernie would even want to go spend that much money on a player until next year.

Remember, MJ is not the GM, Bernie is. Just every basketball related decision must go through MJ in order to be completed.