Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mvp race (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283808)

miggyme1 12-09-2012 01:17 PM

Mvp race

My four finalist are kobe,lebro,durant and melo

I think its durants to lose
Kobe can win it only if they get the number one seed in the west
Lebron is gonna finish no worse than second in the voting
And melo can only win it if they get the number one seed in the east

Sound about right?

So in conclusion lebron can win it but he wont finish any lower than second in voting. Durant has the highest chance to win it and i expect him to be the fore runner throughout the season unless kobe can get a 1 seed or melo can get a 1 seed and stay healthy and continue to play at a high level.

What do yall think?

Coach of the year will be either mark jackson or mike woodson. If warriors get to playoffs without bogut its mark jacksons hands down

bmulls 12-09-2012 01:20 PM

Re: Mvp race

Lebron will deserve it but I think Durant will probably get it.

Clippersfan86 12-09-2012 01:23 PM

So far I agree the top 4 are Lebron, Durant, Melo and Kobe. I think Durant deserves it the most and IF Melo maintains his play he may even win it. I see Kobe slowing down a little bit as Dwight+Gasol pick it up and I don't expect Lebron to win if the Thunder or Knicks have a similar record due to the fact that Melo+Durant improved, Lebron took a slight decline so far this year on both ends of the floor.

Westbrook0 12-09-2012 02:06 PM

Wait, Kobe? Why is anyone mentioning Kobe's name here, unless you are just being sarcastic.

Usually MVP winners tend to lead their teams to over .500 records, especially when they've got multiple other hall of famers on their team.

DStebb716 12-09-2012 02:12 PM

you're naming finalists 20 games into the season? stop

TheMarkMadsen 12-09-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggyme1
My four finalist are kobe,lebro,durant and melo

I think its durants to lose
Kobe can win it only if they get the number one seed in the west
Lebron is gonna finish no worse than second in the voting
And melo can only win it if they get the number one seed in the east

Sound about right?

So in conclusion lebron can win it but he wont finish any lower than second in voting. Durant has the highest chance to win it and i expect him to be the fore runner throughout the season unless kobe can get a 1 seed or melo can get a 1 seed and stay healthy and continue to play at a high level.

What do yall think?

Coach of the year will be either mark jackson or mike woodson. If warriors get to playoffs without bogut its mark jacksons hands down

typical Kobe logic.

The HEAT have finished 2nd in the east for 2 straight years and Lebron was in the MVP race in both of those series.

LA does not have to finish first for Kobe to win MVP. Nobody's team HAS to finish first for them to win MVP. Lebron from 2012 says hi.

miggyme1 12-09-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStebb716
you're naming finalists 20 games into the season? stop

Sucking my d.i.c.k 20 games into the season? Dont stop

miggyme1 12-09-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
typical Kobe logic.

The HEAT have finished 2nd in the east for 2 straight years and Lebron was in the MVP race in both of those series.

LA does not have to finish first for Kobe to win MVP. Nobody's team HAS to finish first for them to win MVP. Lebron from 2012 says hi.

And u just proved y u know nun bout bball. Kobe and lebron are two different players with two different skill sets.lebron does everything while kobe just scores. Your mom says hi.goodbye

White Mamba 12-09-2012 03:03 PM

Rotoworld:

Quote:

Kobe Bryant scored 35 points on 11-of-24 shooting (4-of-5 3PTs, 9-of-10 FTs) with three rebounds, seven assists, three steals, and two steals in the Lakers' loss to the Thunder on Friday.
Kobe is the No. 2 fantasy player right now ahead of LeBron James and the only thing that looks like it could slow him down would be the introduction of Steve Nash. Perhaps it's a sell-high moment, but we've bet against Kobe and been wrong plenty of times in the past. Dec 8 - 8:23 AM

All kobe needs to do is get a solid record and he can get it. he is bloody 34.

Mr. Jabbar 12-09-2012 03:12 PM

Its kobes to get or give (not lose), just like last years scoring title, gifted to Durant as a generous gesture. Willing to sacrifice his own glory to spread accolades around the league. :applause:

TheMarkMadsen 12-09-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggyme1
.goodbye

fixed.

longtime lurker 12-09-2012 08:04 PM

The MVP is Durant's to lose. And LOL at Kobe even being in the conversation

Artillery 12-09-2012 08:10 PM

Lakers on pace to finish 37-45 and Kobe's an MVP candidate :lol

elementally morale 12-09-2012 08:17 PM

MVP is voted by members of the media. Thus, the player most valuable to the media will get it. In other words: The story that sells best.

Unfortunately enough, none if these stories sell at this point. Probably Melo's is the one that can be marketed most easily, provided the Knicks win the most games in the East. Kobe's story would be a bestseller if only the Lakers could somehow win 50 games... it's not at all likely. The Heat should post insane numbers along with LeBron for his story to sell. And Durant is not really marketable at this point.

Anthony has the best chance IMHO, if all teams and players keep up their current production. Kobe has the best chance coming from behind. The other two may deserve the award more but I just can't see them getting it unless a significant change happens that makes their story easier to sell.

longtime lurker 12-09-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elementally morale
MVP is voted by members of the media. Thus, the player most valuable to the media will get it. In other words: The story that sells best.

Unfortunately enough, none if these stories sell at this point. Probably Melo's is the one that can be marketed most easily, provided the Knicks win the most games in the East. Kobe's story would be a bestseller if only the Lakers could somehow win 50 games... it's not at all likely. The Heat should post insane numbers along with LeBron for his story to sell. And Durant is not really marketable at this point.

Anthony has the best chance IMHO, if all teams and players keep up their current production. Kobe has the best chance coming from behind. The other two may deserve the award more but I just can't see them getting it unless a significant change happens that makes their story easier to sell.

Why wouldn't Durant's story sell? Supposedly the Thunder were supposed to completely collapse without Harden yet Durant has upped many facets of his game and the team hasn't missed a beat. I don't see a great story for Lebron last year, stacked team gets 4th best record in the league in a lock out shortened season :confusedshrug: Durant's a great story especially considering league's hard on for small market teams