Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lakers will NOT make the playoffs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283858)

Reverend Hoops 12-09-2012 11:57 PM

Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
They are the 11th best team in the West

TheBigVeto 12-09-2012 11:58 PM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
Calm down.
David Stern will come to the rescue.

Myth 12-10-2012 12:05 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
I would love nothing more. And then I could go back to rooting against the Heat in the playoffs, rather than having to root for them to be the anti-Lakers.

Pushxx 12-10-2012 12:08 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
I would be $5000 the Lakers will make the playoffs.

But I'm not a betting man.

Tmuston Beltics 12-10-2012 12:11 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushxx
I would be $5000 the Lakers will make the playoffs.

But I'm not a betting man.


I wonder what the odds are for such bet. Just curious. At this moment I guess they would get like 1.55-1.6 odds to make the playoffs.

bdreason 12-10-2012 12:13 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
They'll make the playoffs, but they're not winning a championship.

tmacattack33 12-10-2012 12:17 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
There are only four really good teams in the West that we can say right now have a good chance to stay above LA in the standings...Memphis, San Antonio, OKC, and LAC.

Golden State is looking good too and could be ahead of LAL in the standings.

The Lakers will probably finish around 45 - 37.

The rest of the pack seems weak to me and will finish below 45 wins. These teams are: Dallas, Minnesota, Houston, and Denver. Dallas and Minnesota are injured. Houston and Denver are just mehhh teams.

So, i'd put money on LAL finishing sixth in the West.

Ol Dirty Bastard 12-10-2012 12:23 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
According to Lakers Nation; the Lakers will still win it all and be champions.
Don't you guys understand that Nash is the savior for all of this?
Once he comes back Dwight will start making FTs, the bench will step up, Pau will toughen up, Meta will shoot 75% from outside, they'll play defense and John Ireland will continue to suck purple and gold dick


:lol :lol
Lakers Nation

DMV2 12-10-2012 12:26 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tmacattack33
There are only four really good teams in the West that we can say right now have a good chance to stay above LA in the standings...Memphis, San Antonio, OKC, and LAC.

Golden State is looking good too and could be ahead of LAL in the standings.

The Lakers will probably finish around 45 - 37.

The rest of the pack seems weak to me and will finish below 45 wins. These teams are: Dallas, Minnesota, Houston, and Denver. Dallas and Minnesota are injured. Houston and Denver are just mehhh teams.

So, i'd put money on LAL finishing sixth in the West.

The Jazz are better than those 4 teams. Though, we'll have to wait and see how the Mavs do with Dirk's return.

AussieG 12-10-2012 12:27 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
They'll most likely make the playoffs.

But they aren't a playoff team right now, they aren't even a good team.. they are a crap team.

mrpibb 12-10-2012 12:28 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMV2
The Jazz are better than those 4 teams. Though, we'll have to wait and see how the Mavs do with Dirk's return.


Sometimes. When they're at home. And try on the road.

irondarts 12-10-2012 12:30 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
I honestly wouldn't be surprised. This team is a mess.

shadow 12-10-2012 12:40 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
playoffs yes, second round...that's iffy.

Pointguard 12-10-2012 01:41 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
Right now it looks like its going to take them 34 games to get above 500. While playing 13 home games to 8 away games at the 25 game mark. They have three times as many looses as the top three teams have each. Proportionately that would mean they would have won 45 thru 48 games before they loose as much as the Lakers have already.

Factor in some adjusting to Nash, and the amazement that they will have to help guard his man when there is no proof that any of them can guard their own man. Gasol will be the scapegoat and he will be traded... yet one more adjustment. 45 wins and a 7 or 8th seed unless the guys who came in mentally unprepared this year get on the same page and straighten the ship out before the end of the year (remind you Christmas distractions, first real big road trip, pressure building...)

January comes in and it's their busiest month (16 games in 30 days), with five games against the elite within 14 days right at the start of the month(a stretch in which they play 8 games in 14 days!). This is followed by 7 games in 11 days. Followed by a 7 game road trip to the East! for the first two weeks of Feb. which ends with a game against Miami. No way Nash can play this demanding schedule as there are only six games where the opposing point guard isn't exceptionally good.

In other words, the ship be sinking...

If its not right by Jan. this train wreck is almost assured to have them at five or six games below .500 at the all-star break.

I<3NBA 12-10-2012 06:54 AM

Re: Lakers will NOT make the playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointguard
Right now it looks like its going to take them 34 games to get above 500. While playing 13 home games to 8 away games at the 25 game mark. They have three times as many looses as the top three teams have each. Proportionately that would mean they would have won 45 thru 48 games before they loose as much as the Lakers have already.

Factor in some adjusting to Nash, and the amazement that they will have to help guard his man when there is no proof that any of them can guard their own man. Gasol will be the scapegoat and he will be traded... yet one more adjustment. 45 wins and a 7 or 8th seed unless the guys who came in mentally unprepared this year get on the same page and straighten the ship out before the end of the year (remind you Christmas distractions, first real big road trip, pressure building...)

January comes in and it's their busiest month (16 games in 30 days), with five games against the elite within 14 days right at the start of the month(a stretch in which they play 8 games in 14 days!). This is followed by 7 games in 11 days. Followed by a 7 game road trip to the East! for the first two weeks of Feb. which ends with a game against Miami. No way Nash can play this demanding schedule as there are only six games where the opposing point guard isn't exceptionally good.

In other words, the ship be sinking...

If its not right by Jan. this train wreck is almost assured to have them at five or six games below .500 at the all-star break.

:eek: you could be good at betting games you know


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy