Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The value of great coaching $$$$$$$$ (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283871)

DKLaker 12-10-2012 01:52 AM

The value of great coaching $$$$$$$$

After watching the Lakers version of Dumb and Dumber, I want opinions on what you feel a coach....Phil Jackson for example is worth.

IMO, If Pau Gasol is getting $19 million to play like crap, and we are paying 2 terrible coaches $ 4 million each the Phil is worth $20 million per year....or more?
I'm a coach and I have always known what a huge difference coaching makes.

L.A. Jazz 12-10-2012 08:19 AM

Re: The value of great coaching $$$$$$$$

I dont know and i dont care how much money the Buss family spend on this team (coaches or players). and i think money was not the main reason they didnt hire PJax.

the "funny" thing i was thinking about yesterday was that out of all the coaches i never thought the Lakers would hire MB or MD'A and now both were/are here. obviously i know nothing about basketball and the NBA.

DKLaker 12-10-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
I dont know and i dont care how much money the Buss family spend on this team (coaches or players). and i think money was not the main reason they didnt hire PJax.

the "funny" thing i was thinking about yesterday was that out of all the coaches i never thought the Lakers would hire MB or MD'A and now both were/are here. obviously i know nothing about basketball and the NBA.

Yeah, I NEVER thought we would hire either of these terrible coaches.....what's just as comical is that they actually interviewed Dunleavy :banghead:

The reason for this whole mess is Jimmy is too stupid to realize that things like coaching and scouting matter, he thinks any idiot can do it.....so why pay big bucks. I hope the old man pulls the plug on him and lets Jeanie run the team......ah, wishful thinking :(

We are a lock to allow the most points of any Lakers team in history.

dd24 12-10-2012 09:40 PM

I think it's more the value of good coaching. It doesn't take the greatest coaches to win NBA championships. It certainly helps, but even good ones can do it. The Lakers problem is Jim Buss's ego and him trying to make a name for himself by doing it his way. It's obvious this guy doesn't know basketball well. If the Lakers would've hired even just a good coach that would run a system based around his players strengths then the Lakers would be playing just fine.

DKLaker 12-10-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
I think it's more the value of good coaching. It doesn't take the greatest coaches to win NBA championships. It certainly helps, but even good ones can do it. The Lakers problem is Jim Buss's ego and him trying to make a name for himself by doing it his way. It's obvious this guy doesn't know basketball well. If the Lakers would've hired even just a good coach that would run a system based around his players strengths then the Lakers would be playing just fine.

Yeah.....with this much talent you have to at least have a good coach.
It seems Jimmy and 'Antoni have the same problem.....they are so full of ego in trying to win 'Their Way" that they will not use common sense methods to win.