Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The latest from Mitch Kupchak (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283999)

insidehoops 12-11-2012 01:20 PM

The latest from Mitch Kupchak

"If you're happy with your team, then the date doesn't mean much although you will probably get calls anyway," Kupchak said Monday in a phone interview with this newspaper. "If you're not happy with your team, you'll make calls."

Most deals likely will happen moments leading into the Feb. 21 trade deadline. But what sentiment best describes Kupchak's current thought process?

"I can't answer the question," Kupchak said. "I can't sit here and say I'm happy with our record. I don't think that's

a stretch for me or any Laker fan to say that. That's just stating the obvious. But I'm not sure how you assess this team until you get key players back."
Kupchak sounded definitive at least on two topics.

That involved his evaluation on D'Antoni, who has a 4-7 record with the Lakers.

"He's not happy with the record he's had since he's been here," Kupchak said. "But there's been clearly an uptick in the tempo of the game and that's something we were looking for.

-- Press Telegram

DKLaker 12-12-2012 05:11 PM

Re: The latest from Mitch Kupchak

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
"If you're happy with your team, then the date doesn't mean much although you will probably get calls anyway," Kupchak said Monday in a phone interview with this newspaper. "If you're not happy with your team, you'll make calls."

Most deals likely will happen moments leading into the Feb. 21 trade deadline. But what sentiment best describes Kupchak's current thought process?

"I can't answer the question," Kupchak said. "I can't sit here and say I'm happy with our record. I don't think that's

a stretch for me or any Laker fan to say that. That's just stating the obvious. But I'm not sure how you assess this team until you get key players back."
Kupchak sounded definitive at least on two topics.

That involved his evaluation on D'Antoni, who has a 4-7 record with the Lakers.

"He's not happy with the record he's had since he's been here," Kupchak said. "But there's been clearly an uptick in the tempo of the game and that's something we were looking for.

-- Press Telegram

Sounds like the talk just before Brown got fired......maybe we get real lucky and he resigns......wouldn't that be a blessing!!!!!

lakerfreak 12-12-2012 06:37 PM

This situation is so messed up. Im more speechless than anything about everything....

DKLaker 12-12-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
This situation is so messed up. Im more speechless than anything about everything....

Once again.....just like I told you that MB was going to be a disaster as a head coach, I told you 'Antoni would be awful and has no clue or desire to play defense......I don't know why you didn't already know this :confusedshrug:
This is just what I expected.

lakerfreak 12-12-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Once again.....just like I told you that MB was going to be a disaster as a head coach, I told you 'Antoni would be awful and has no clue or desire to play defense......I don't know why you didn't already know this :confusedshrug:
This is just what I expected.

I knew the defense wouldn't be as good. I did not think it would be this terrible. Our opponents are figuring out ways to lure Dwight from the paint and getting easy dunks. When D'Antoni first came, these guys were playing some defense in the end of close games.

Suddenly the defense stopped.

DKLaker 12-12-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I knew the defense wouldn't be as good. I did not think it would be this terrible. Our opponents are figuring out ways to lure Dwight from the paint and getting easy dunks. When D'Antoni first came, these guys were playing some defense in the end of close games.

Suddenly the defense stopped.

I mentioned in another thread that the effect of a running team, especially an older running team is that the players will rest coming back up the floor and on defense......plus, teams know we are playing defense as individuals and not as a team, this makes it very easy to find easy ways to score....and it's not like 'Antoni will fix the problems...no, dumbo will just try to figure out how to score more points :facepalm

LA Lakers 12-13-2012 06:22 PM

Im not sold on what Mitch is buying. Aside from our bench having more confidence, the offense looks exactly like the Mike Brown offense of last season. Iso heavy, last second shots from Kobe...

LA Lakers 12-13-2012 06:22 PM

Defense looks as bad as ever too.

lakerfreak 12-13-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Lakers
Im not sold on what Mitch is buying. Aside from our bench having more confidence, the offense looks exactly like the Mike Brown offense of last season. Iso heavy, last second shots from Kobe...

Honestly we were spoiled by the triangle offense because of the great distribution of the basketball. Most traditional offenses involve a lot of "simpler" ISO's, pick n rolls, etc...