Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kevin Love Not Happy With Timberwolves (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284142)

AngelEyes 12-12-2012 03:30 PM

Kevin Love Not Happy With Timberwolves

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ke...200009299.html

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.
"That's a tough pill to swallow."

He missed a month on the floor, but his ears missed nothing from those in management whispering that maybe the injury didn't happen the way Love insisted it did.
"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."

"You walk into the locker room every year, and it's completely turned over," Love says. "There's new guys everywhere. And then it happens again and again. You start to wonder: Is there really a plan here? Is there really any kind of a plan?"

"I have a very, very good memory, and I always remember the people who have done right by me, and the people who have done wrong by me," he says. "It will be embedded in my brain, and something I won't forget about. There's no telling what will happen. I would love to compete for a championship in Minnesota, but "

STATUTORY 12-12-2012 03:36 PM

Re: Kevin Love Not Happy With Timberwolves

gasol for Love

they get Team Spain

dannywpt 12-12-2012 03:40 PM

Their owner is being a dick.

And Kevin Love is being a dick.

Rake2204 12-12-2012 03:45 PM

Kevin Love seems to have a relatively solid head on his shoulders. I can't recall the last controversial thing I heard him discuss (maybe USA playing time) but there's something about the way he presents his points that makes them sound legit, logically sound, and well thought out, as opposed to being someone just popping off at the mouth. Pretty interesting thoughts from Love throughout the entire article, even if they're not all squarely on the mark.

Also, the line about Glen Taylor saying Love was not a star because he hadn't led the Wolves to the playoffs... if that line's legit, what a misguided thing for an owner to say.

KG215 12-12-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
gasol for Love

they get Team Spain

I still don't understand why people think Gasol is so tradeable. He's 32 years old, has bad knees, and would be on the books for $19M next season. I don't know how this stuff works, but either the Lakers would have to agree to eat a big chunk of his salary, or hope a really stupid GM comes along. If not, then Gasol has very little trade value this season. Next season, with an expiring contract, sure, but not this year.

Anyway, back on topic. I feel bad for Love. He's fun to watch and I think the Grizzlies are fun to watch, but he's right....there really doesn't seem to be a plan in place. It's seemingly just a bunch of random fairly talented players thrown together in hopes they can figure it out and make the playoffs.

Godzuki 12-12-2012 03:49 PM

i read this the other day. i had assumed this was already talked about, guess not.

Love gets so little respect probably because he's not that flashy altho i can sort of get being reluctant to build your entire franchise around him. beggars can't be choosers tho.

IGotACoolStory 12-12-2012 03:58 PM

He should wait until the Wolves get Rubio back.

Not like the Wolves aren't taking chances to push the franchise forward.

bdreason 12-12-2012 04:02 PM

A team who pays Kevin Love a max contract will never win a championship.

Real Men Wear Green 12-12-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love
"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.

If he's going to lead the team he has to realize that this statement throws teammates under the bus and in turn alienates them.

ripthekik 12-12-2012 04:08 PM

stallion on suicide watch :lol

madmax17 12-12-2012 04:23 PM

Offical T-wolves offer is Pekovic and someone else for Gasol.

Derka 12-12-2012 04:32 PM

Love has a point about the constant turnover on that team.

NattyPButter 12-12-2012 04:42 PM

Anderson Varejao for Love would nice.

Darius 12-12-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204
Kevin Love seems to have a relatively solid head on his shoulders. I can't recall the last controversial thing I heard him discuss (maybe USA playing time) but there's something about the way he presents his points that makes them sound legit, logically sound, and well thought out, as opposed to being someone just popping off at the mouth. Pretty interesting thoughts from Love throughout the entire article, even if they're not all squarely on the mark.

Also, the line about Glen Taylor saying Love was not a star because he hadn't led the Wolves to the playoffs... if that line's legit, what a misguided thing for an owner to say.

Eh? Always seems Love is complaining to media about something.

FireDavidKahn 12-12-2012 04:58 PM

And then there is this...

Quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Abundantly clear talking w/ @kevinlove: Feels deeply connected to Wolves fan-base, loves Minny as sports town. He wants badly to win THERE.

Woj is a fine writer but he has a vendetta against Kahn when they sort of got into it years ago when Al Jefferson was being rumored to being traded for Danny Granger.