Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Barkley to the Knicks as 32 dayz was to Kobe? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284301)

TheMarkMadsen 12-13-2012 09:41 PM

Is Barkley to the Knicks as 32 dayz was to Kobe?

God damn, Bakley refuses to give the Knicks any credit, only pointing what they don't do well, or for that matter what they don't do thats perfect.

He sounds like a salty hater, a troll, he'd fit right in here on ISH as a Knicks hater.

why is this dude so salty towards the Knicks? He continously trashes the Knicks during this game, and is being unusually quiet while the Knicks continue to dominate. only to chime in with "Knicks don't rebound well enough" every now and then :lol

Troutfisch 12-13-2012 09:46 PM

Re: Is Barkley to the Knicks as 32 dayz was to Kobe?

Deep down I think Barkley thrives on getting under people's skin and lets face it, there are more people in New York City than any other NBA market.

It's just too easy - he can piss off a large number of fans with minimal effort!

Segatti 12-13-2012 09:49 PM

He is absolutely right. No reason to put hype on a team with absolutely no sucess in the playoffs for a long time (and being lead by a player who had playoff sucess like never).

DStebb716 12-13-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segatti
He is absolutely right. No reason to put hype on a team with absolutely no sucess in the playoffs for a long time (and being lead by a player who had playoff sucess like never).

The franchise's lack of success in 2003 literally has no impact on anything now. I can agree with the part about Melo, but otherwise :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen 12-13-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

because if somethings never happened before, then theres a 100% chance it will never happen :rolleyes:

so then i guess that guy in your avatar was was complete shit UNTIL game 6 of the 2011 finals was over? :lol

DStebb716 12-13-2012 09:55 PM

I've been noticing the same thing by the way. Every single chance he gets. I understand that the game is NEVER over, but he has pointed out like 10 times that this game isn't over. It's like he is trying to say the Lakers have the Knicks right where they want them.

TheMarkMadsen 12-13-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStebb716
I've been noticing the same thing by the way. Every single chance he gets. I understand that the game is NEVER over, but he has pointed out like 10 times that this game isn't over. It's like he is trying to say the Lakers have the Knicks right where they want them.

:lol exactly, Knicks miss 2 shots and then all of a sudden the "Lakers have a chance b.c the Knicks can't rebound"

stfu and give credit where credit is due.

Knicks have great defense and great shooting.

Ask the 2011 MAVS if that combo works

knickswin 12-13-2012 09:59 PM

I think barkley just doesn't like the knicks fans who go crazy every year even though usually they've sucked. I can kind of understand since I live in Bulls territory and I am pretty sick of listening to people wax rhapsodic about derrick rose

Segatti 12-13-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
because if somethings never happened before, then theres a 100% chance it will never happen :rolleyes:

so then i guess that guy in your avatar was was complete shit UNTIL game 6 of the 2011 finals was over? :lol

I'm not saying the Knicks are horrible, in fact they are very good, but this doesn't mean they should get hyped yet, simple like that. And I never asked to anyone to hype my team in 2011 or I said they were contenders before the playoffs.

TheMarkMadsen 12-13-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

I'm not saying the Knicks are horrible, in fact they are very good, but this doesn't mean they should get hyped yet, simple like that. And I never asked to anyone to hype my team in 2011 or I said they were contenders before the playoffs.

i've never understood this logic. Knicks are playing great ball this season and after 20 games are 1st in the ECF yet fans shouldnt be excited about that?

ok :confusedshrug: with that logic none of us should get excited about anything in the regular season and just wait until after the Finals to evaluate teams

The Knicks are a dangerous team, they have great shooting, great defense, a coach who won't allow coasting on defense, savy vets with championship experience,the reigning DPOY, a legit superstar in Melo, and their doing all this w/o their 2nd best player.

They have all the pieces to make a run in the playoffs.