Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GT: Kings at Thunder (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284396)

KG215 12-14-2012 09:29 PM

GT: Kings at Thunder

Perkins is the biggest f***ing waste of space in the entire NBA. He's missed a dunk, got a layup blocked after a nice pass, has bobbled a few easy passes that could've led to a layup, and is getting abused on the defensive end....and he's still in the game after the first set of substitutions.

That and our shitty defensive rebounding is keeping them in the game.

Fudge 12-14-2012 09:30 PM

Re: GT: Kings at Thunder

Cousins is gonna have a field day as long as he's on the court.

KDthunderup 12-14-2012 09:31 PM

Get Scrubkins out of the ****ing game already

IGotACoolStory 12-14-2012 09:33 PM

Isn't it crazy how everyone (not just the fans of the team) can see one thing, while the coach sees something entirely different?

And hey, sometimes they are right. But I really don't think that's the case here with Perkins.

KG215 12-14-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Isn't it crazy how everyone (not just the fans of the team) can see one thing, while the coach sees something entirely different?

And hey, sometimes they are right. But I really don't think that's the case here with Perkins.

Yeah, Perkins is complicated to understand. There's been numerous quotes, stories, reports, etc. about how much Brooks and his teammates love him. They say how great he is in the locker room and as one of the team leaders. I'm afraid if he does get traded, a few months after trading Harden, there could be some irreparable damage done to the team from a mental standpoint.

However, he's garbage on the court more often than not. He shouldn't be the starting center on a championship caliber team at this point in his career.

O_City_Thunder 12-14-2012 09:47 PM

Dam....that blond cheerleader was hot

KG215 12-14-2012 09:50 PM

Maynor's playmaking and passing has been on point the last 5 games or so.

Rose 12-14-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
Maynor's playmaking and passing has been on point the last 5 games or so.

I love that guy.

I haven't watched many Thunder games this year, but has the pick and roll between him and Collison been anywhere as good as between Harden/Collison?

KDthunderup 12-14-2012 09:59 PM

We were just starting to play well and now Scrubkins is back on

Fudge 12-14-2012 10:00 PM

Seriously though, Durant's gotta stop with these flashy difficult passes. Doing way too much.

KG215 12-14-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose
I love that guy.

I haven't watched many Thunder games this year, but has the pick and roll between him and Collison been anywhere as good as between Harden/Collison?

Not quite, but it's getting better. He still hasn't completely shaken off the rust after he tore his ACL last year. He's looking better and better each game, though.

He's doing a lot of his facilitating and assisting off dribble penetration and kicking out to three point shooters or making little dump-off passes to a big.

KG215 12-14-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudge
Seriously though, Durant's gotta stop with these flashy difficult passes. Doing way too much.

Yeah, tonight he's trying to do a little too much passing wise. I'm not going to complain and get upset, though, because he's been much more on point with his this year.

ThunderKat 12-14-2012 10:06 PM

You have to wonder if they will amnesty Perkins. I think he's a great team guy, but his offensive game leaves a lot to be desired.

Rose 12-14-2012 10:07 PM

So much better than Houston vs Boston.:lol

And good, always liked Maynor. smart guy, who knows his role.

KG215 12-14-2012 10:10 PM

Finally beating an inferior team at home like we should beat them after two bad games against the Pacers and Hornets.

OKC up 61-42 at the half.