Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284475)

lakerfreak 12-15-2012 08:53 PM

Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

Quote:

On Thursday night in New York, D'Antoni turned to Ebanks to try and slow a red-hot Carmelo Anthony. Ebanks started the second half alongside Metta World Peace at forward.

Ebanks recorded season-highs in minutes (34), points (15) and rebounds (five). He made 5 of 11 from the field and 5 of 6 free throws, helping the Lakers come back in the second half, albeit a bit short of a victory.

I don't know about you, but this gives me an idea. D'Antoni is a coach that likes to go small. Dwight Howard is an undersized center that can run.

If we put this lineup out there:

Duhon, Kobe, Ebanks, MWP, D-12

with

Meeks, Jamison

as our key reserves, that can be a team that would be quicker, and although we haven't had much success in this area, defensively as well. Artest can play the 4 there is no question about that. The beautiful thing about this is Artest's improvement as a scorer on this team.

Put in an Ebanks that moves exceptionally well without the ball, and there could finally be a solution to these chemistry problems we have been having lately.

DKLaker 12-15-2012 10:06 PM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss



I don't know about you, but this gives me an idea. D'Antoni is a coach that likes to go small. Dwight Howard is an undersized center that can run.

If we put this lineup out there:

Duhon, Kobe, Ebanks, MWP, D-12

with

Meeks, Jamison

as our key reserves, that can be a team that would be quicker, and although we haven't had much success in this area, defensively as well. Artest can play the 4 there is no question about that. The beautiful thing about this is Artest's improvement as a scorer on this team.

Put in an Ebanks that moves exceptionally well without the ball, and there could finally be a solution to these chemistry problems we have been having lately.


:facepalm :rolleyes: Does this mean you are happy we didn't overreact and kick him off the team :oldlol: :D

lakerfreak 12-16-2012 12:34 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
:facepalm :rolleyes: Does this mean you are happy we didn't overreact and kick him off the team :oldlol: :D


I just think if you drink during the regular season, then it messes up your conditioning. This tells me that a player doesn't really care. He probably thought he wasn't going to get playing time. The truth is he is an integral part of this team. He produces everytime we put him on the floor whether it is 2 minutes, or 20 minutes. I hope he realizes his value, because he is actually a very good player, and he will earn a lot of money in this league.

His focus just has to be basketball.

Edit: I am not sure if you were with us during this time, but there was an article released about how the lakers went to a party before the playoffs started. a party that involved alcohol. Odom had one glass of wine. Other players didn't drink. A glass of wine is fine. This was the season we beat the magic in the finals. Their focus and motivation was at a high that we will probably never see again with this team. You see why I overreacted?

$LakerGold 12-16-2012 01:30 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
I don't like that line-up at all ... Way too small and slow.

He just needs to change his system ... that's it.

DKLaker 12-16-2012 08:52 PM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I just think if you drink during the regular season, then it messes up your conditioning. This tells me that a player doesn't really care. He probably thought he wasn't going to get playing time. The truth is he is an integral part of this team. He produces everytime we put him on the floor whether it is 2 minutes, or 20 minutes. I hope he realizes his value, because he is actually a very good player, and he will earn a lot of money in this league.

His focus just has to be basketball.

Edit: I am not sure if you were with us during this time, but there was an article released about how the lakers went to a party before the playoffs started. a party that involved alcohol. Odom had one glass of wine. Other players didn't drink. A glass of wine is fine. This was the season we beat the magic in the finals. Their focus and motivation was at a high that we will probably never see again with this team. You see why I overreacted?


Yeah....you overrreacted like a typical young fan who has no knowledge about the real lives of pro athletes. Do you really believe the crap about athletes lives that is printed :facepalm Do you actually think any sports reporter is going to tell what a person is drinking or who they are sleeping with and still have a job???? You have absolutely no idea.
Do you know how many great athletes got drunk the night before big games and played their @sses off? Man, when Magic was playing you could find almost the entire team drinking at the Century Club after games....everyone except Kareem and A.C., did you know that in baseball, the players took amphetamines before games until they were banned in 2006? Bottom line is that players need relaxants to offset the stress and pains of a long season and they do all sorts of stuff that isn't made public......the writers and sportscasters know this very well but it is off limits.
I knew a baseball player who always had his biggest games after drinking until 4am. If you knew how many guys still smoke weed after games....and drank, you'd be shocked. Alcohol drinking has no effect on performance for anyone unless you have a real problem. Don't be such a naive kid.
Metta said he used to drink at halftime....lol.

lakerfreak 12-16-2012 10:08 PM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah....you overrreacted like a typical young fan who has no knowledge about the real lives of pro athletes. Do you really believe the crap about athletes lives that is printed :facepalm Do you actually think any sports reporter is going to tell what a person is drinking or who they are sleeping with and still have a job???? You have absolutely no idea.
Do you know how many great athletes got drunk the night before big games and played their @sses off? Man, when Magic was playing you could find almost the entire team drinking at the Century Club after games....everyone except Kareem and A.C., did you know that in baseball, the players took amphetamines before games until they were banned in 2006? Bottom line is that players need relaxants to offset the stress and pains of a long season and they do all sorts of stuff that isn't made public......the writers and sportscasters know this very well but it is off limits.
I knew a baseball player who always had his biggest games after drinking until 4am. If you knew how many guys still smoke weed after games....and drank, you'd be shocked. Alcohol drinking has no effect on performance for anyone unless you have a real problem. Don't be such a naive kid.
Metta said he used to drink at halftime....lol.



Easy on the "kid stuff". You know I've never appreciated that.

Metta used to drink at halftime, when he was immature. He even said that it was when he was young and dumb and he was clearly nowhere near winning a championship. When he became serious, and turned his focus to his health and to winning....he came to LA and won a trophy.

It doesn't matter if the entire world of pro-athletes party and drink before games. It doesn't make it right.

Kobe Bryant, as much as I am critical of his playing style, is one of the most dedicated basketball players. He doesn't go out and drink during the season. He's always focused on what the lakers are paying him to do.

In our world, if you're caught being hung over at work, you get into trouble with your superiors. In many jobs, you have to be tested for certain foreign substances in your body. Basically, if it ain't okay here, it ain't okay in their world. They still do it....i agree....all the time. But it doesn't make it right.

Would you jump off of a bridge if everyone else did?

DKLaker 12-16-2012 10:29 PM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Easy on the "kid stuff". You know I've never appreciated that.

Metta used to drink at halftime, when he was immature. He even said that it was when he was young and dumb and he was clearly nowhere near winning a championship. When he became serious, and turned his focus to his health and to winning....he came to LA and won a trophy.

It doesn't matter if the entire world of pro-athletes party and drink before games. It doesn't make it right.

Kobe Bryant, as much as I am critical of his playing style, is one of the most dedicated basketball players. He doesn't go out and drink during the season. He's always focused on what the lakers are paying him to do.

In our world, if you're caught being hung over at work, you get into trouble with your superiors. In many jobs, you have to be tested for certain foreign substances in your body. Basically, if it ain't okay here, it ain't okay in their world. They still do it....i agree....all the time. But it doesn't make it right.

Would you jump off of a bridge if everyone else did?


Don't take any offense to my "Kid" line, I would call Kobe a kid too :oldlol:
When you get old you will do the same too....lol.
Heck.....I may even call your dad a kid....:oldlol: ....as no offense.

I never said it was right....and I clearly think guys who make that kind of money are idiots to drive after drinking.....there are always cabs and limos if you can't trust a designated driver.
My point was that it in no way shape or form is even as much as a slight consideration for suspending or kicking a guy off a team......knowing what I know the suggestion is just insane to say the least.......guys don't get kicked off teams for real things like rape accusations or spousal abuse.......and to hear a few people accuse Ebanks of damaging the team's good name......I have no kind words to say about that.

lakerfreak 12-17-2012 01:18 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Don't take any offense to my "Kid" line, I would call Kobe a kid too :oldlol:
When you get old you will do the same too....lol.
Heck.....I may even call your dad a kid....:oldlol: ....as no offense.

I never said it was right....and I clearly think guys who make that kind of money are idiots to drive after drinking.....there are always cabs and limos if you can't trust a designated driver.
My point was that it in no way shape or form is even as much as a slight consideration for suspending or kicking a guy off a team......knowing what I know the suggestion is just insane to say the least.......guys don't get kicked off teams for real things like rape accusations or spousal abuse.......and to hear a few people accuse Ebanks of damaging the team's good name......I have no kind words to say about that.


Fair enough, just as long as we agree that "normally", it would be better for these guys not to engage in that sort of extracurricular activity.

My dad is 61 by the way. He got married pretty late lool. Funny you mention him. Today is his 27th anniversary of being ordained a priest. He's up there in the ranks. Love my dad.

DKLaker 12-17-2012 02:04 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Fair enough, just as long as we agree that "normally", it would be better for these guys not to engage in that sort of extracurricular activity.

My dad is 61 by the way. He got married pretty late lool. Funny you mention him. Today is his 27th anniversary of being ordained a priest. He's up there in the ranks. Love my dad.


A Big :cheers: to your dad.......oops...I used the beer mugs :facepalm :oldlol:
Ignore that.....A big :applause: :applause: :applause: to your dad :D

lakerfreak 12-17-2012 02:05 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
A Big :cheers: to your dad.......oops...I used the beer mugs :facepalm :oldlol:
Ignore that.....A big :applause: :applause: :applause: to your dad :D


LOL wouldn't stop me from drinking beer. Although he doesn't. A funny coincidence that this topic has a lot to do with Ebanks' DUI lol.

DKLaker 12-17-2012 02:07 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
LOL wouldn't stop me from drinking beer. Although he doesn't. A funny coincidence that this topic has a lot to do with Ebanks' DUI lol.


Yeah isn't it :oldlol:

$LakerGold 12-17-2012 04:04 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
You guys are weird. It's like watchin Titanic.

Seriously....

lakerfreak 12-17-2012 04:05 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by $LakerGold
You guys are weird. It's like watchin Titanic.

Seriously....


You watched Titanic??? man thats weird.

Seriously....

$LakerGold 12-17-2012 04:06 AM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You watched Titanic??? man thats weird.

Seriously....

:oldlol:

TryToBeUnbias 12-17-2012 04:55 PM

Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks
 
He's being shopped.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy